The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Vipershark - 09-16-2012

While going deaf would definitely suck, for me it's going blind.
Everything I enjoy requires eyesight and I can't imagine going without it.
If I went blind I'd just flat out kill myself.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kami - 09-16-2012

Same.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Previous - 09-16-2012

I would not

I decided against suicide a while ago.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - puggsoy - 09-16-2012

I'm personally with Mohawk, going deaf would be a million times worse than blind. Sure, I can't play games if I'm blind (which I admit would suck quite a bit), but not being able to hear music or even the voice of people would be excruciating. And since I wasn't born blind I can at least imagine things I hear fairly accurately in my mind's eye.

But of course I hope that I don't become deaf nor blind, at least not too soon.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Vipershark - 09-16-2012

If you're deaf you can still do things like post on forums, sprite, make (visual) art, play games, drive, etc etc etc
It's still possible to "hear" some music through the use of special speakers that allow you to feel the vibrations.
You can still communicate with people through text and sign language and stuff.

If you're blind, you can't do any of that, at least generally not to the same quality or standard as a person who can see.
Yeah, you can still talk and listen to music and stuff, but your abilities are still far more limited than a person that can see.
Yeah, there are lots of blind people in the world and in no way am I saying that they have a bad quality of life or anything, but that's just something that I personally couldn't come to terms with.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kami - 09-16-2012

That reminds me that I feel bad for one of my friends since she is half blind. She can see enough where she can recognise different people and be ale to know where she's going though, it still hinders her ability to read normal size text.

I honestly could be able to do what I do now if I was blind or even if I was half blind. I'd probably be completely a miserable person TBH, I just can't imagine living without using your sight.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Garamonde - 09-16-2012

Yeah I agree I can't imagine how either of those things would feel...

On another note, starting yesterday the top of my wrist would hurt pretty bad whenever it came in contact with anything or bended, and it's now gotten worse today, and has appeared a little in my index finger's middle joint.

I don't know what it is, those parts aren't chapped or dry, and I'm pretty sure it's not a muscle thing, I've never had this before. I thought that it's dehydration because it's a similar feeling that I had on top of my foot some time ago, sore to the touch and the pain is either on top of my skin or directly under it, or both, but I've tried drinking more and it's not making any difference unlike with my foot.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kriven - 09-16-2012

It's probably from typing and gaming too much. Let your arm rest for a day or two. No computer, no games, put it on ice.

I have a similar pain if I've been writing far too long without taking a break, which is why I schedule "No Writing Days" into my week.

Well that'd make sense except it's actually the skin on my wrist and finger that hurts and not my wrist/finger itself. Sounds weird but that's the only way I know to describe it.
Also, that's a problem because there is literally nothing to do around here besides eat, sleep, play video games and use a computer lol.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - puggsoy - 09-16-2012

(09-16-2012, 02:43 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Also, that's a problem because there is literally nothing to do around here besides eat, sleep, play video games and use a computer lol.

I know how it is Wink

Top of the wrist is weird though, the bottom of my wrist can occasionally ache a bit (from using the mouse a lot) but never the upside. Off the top of my head, since it's a skin thing you might have an allergy to something you touched or came close to recently.

That would also make sense, but I don't have allergies to anything (I have yet to discover any at least) nor do I really go outside especially to new places. I also don't have a rash or anything, my skin is clear in those places.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - PatientZero - 09-16-2012

Hmm, I agree that it could be an allergy, usually they're obvious because there's redness or a rash, but not always.
Oh, and also brilliantly, you can develop an allergy over time, for example someone who lives with a dog can suddenly become allergic to dogs. (because life is hilarious sometimes)

Even if it's not an allergy we can hit the likely offenders.
If it's your mousing hand, it sounds like maybe you should get a different mouse mat, maybe a nice fabric one with a gel wrist rest, they're only a few bucks.
If it's your typing hand, pay attention to what you do with it when you're not typing. I know that sounds dumb, but it's generally not something people think about.
Could even be that your keyboard needs cleaning, just give it a wipe over with a damp cloth to get any grime off it.

Best advice on the spot; moisturise, if it's not on the surface you might have damaged the lower skin layers, it's more uncomfortable than anything else and aside from peeling when they get to the surface (painlessly) there's no long-term worry unless it's a chronic condition. (You would probably notice if all your skin was constantly peeling off, so it's not)
Moisturising is always a good idea if there's no obvious open wounds or sores, and the only side effect is making your skin all lovely and soft~

Interesting, it felt a bit better when I put lotion on my hands. Only trouble is, the kind we have makes your hands greasy, eheh.
The part about damaged skin layers makes perfect sense too because that pretty much sums up how it feels since the pain is sorta on top but feels like it might come from right underneath.

It's my left (typing) hand yeah, though the way I type, my whole hand except my fingers stay almost entirely off the keyboard except when I play games. I also try to keep my keyboard pretty clean and the only dirt on it is dust, little hairs and random tiny specks here and there (which every time I see them I'm all A SPECK *pick off*, AAH ANOTHER SPECK *pick off*, I'm quite OCD with my keyboard), mostly under the keys.

The only pain I feel in it now after the lotion is when I touch it, so I'll try not to do that too much. Anyway thanks, Mom suggested I used lotion at first but I thought it might hurt more so I didn't try.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Sengir - 09-17-2012

in a serious funk, feeling lethargic and bummed

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Maxpphire - 09-17-2012

Nice to know I can't afford an upper endoscopy. thanks life.