The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Devicho - 08-24-2012

(08-23-2012, 05:59 PM)Shadow Kami Wrote: Thanks for reminding me.
[Image: 2136776738.png]
My internet speed is horrible.
[Image: 2138820457.png]
Cool

Even if Comcast is still pretty butts.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gaia - 08-24-2012

(08-24-2012, 03:51 PM)Shadow Kami Wrote: Fuckin' Cicadas!
They're to damn loud!

Solution: Eat them All. I heard they can be a great delicacy when prepared properly. That's not the worst part. You'll also have to worry about the fucking Cicada Killers too, so get them while you can.

Also, My new routine is waking up at 4AM. Uuuuugh, starting to take effect after a week. Though where I work at might be minor, but some of the fellow co-workers seem to be either incompetent or have the wrong mindset. Gangsta attitude is NOT the proper behavior for a worksite, imo.

The current solution was to ignore them, but they seem to be getting to the point where I can't, and I don't think telling them off is a good idea.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Garamonde - 08-24-2012

[Image: 2138886411.png]

Lol welp! Though it doesn't seem THAT bad considering, I guess.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kami - 08-24-2012

(08-24-2012, 08:22 PM)Gaia Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 03:51 PM)Shadow Kami Wrote: Fuckin' Cicadas!
They're to damn loud!

Solution: Eat them All. I heard they can be a great delicacy when prepared properly. That's not the worst part. You'll also have to worry about the fucking Cicada Killers too, so get them while you can.
Do you know hw many cicadas are in the area I live in? Right now theres non stop Bzzzzing or what ever the sound the make, they're freaken everywhere this year.

I honestly want to just nuke the area to get rid of them.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Lemonray - 08-25-2012

About noon yesterday, my sister stole £300 from my grandmother's house. Not much of a surprise.
My sister rarely ever visits grandma anymore (Less than once a month), but for years now every time she has been in grandma's house, money has magically disappeared. She's even stolen jewellery a few times.
That's not all. She's stolen from almost everyone else in the family at some point. Over the past 14 years, my sister has also stolen, altogether, several thousand pounds worth of money and stuff from me. She's also broken lots of my things, which, altogether, would also have been worth a few thousand pounds.

>That feel when I'll never ever get any of it back.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Dazz - 08-25-2012

Yikes, you guys with internets have it pretty bad...

[Image: 2139398536.png]
And that's slow at the moment. It's usually at 60mb download Blank

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - puggsoy - 08-25-2012

[Image: 2139613146.png]

Not the fastest ever but at least I know it was temporary before. This is around the speed it usually is anyway. However seeing that my download speed is slower than Dazz's upload speed isn't exactly heart-lifting Blank

Not sure why the ping's so high though. Not that it seems to have much effect on anything other than gaming, in which case I don't have much problems anyway.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Garamonde - 08-25-2012

Gave it another go because there's nobody on our internet other than me right now so I think this tells more about how fast it really is, for the most part.

[Image: 2139682333.png]

Why the hey is my upload speed close to Dazz's yet my download is so far behind?

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Previous - 08-25-2012

(08-25-2012, 09:06 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Why the hey is my upload speed close to Dazz's yet my download is so far behind?
It is a technical thing and I could probably explain it in more detail but let's keep it at this:
For one, contracts with your ISP define how much down- and upload you get. Most people look only at the download speed when choosing their contract so upper levels still have lower uploads since noone considers them (and most people do not really need to care as it only really affects people that upload a lot).
Upload is usually much less than download because of the common demant etc and thus there are less frequencies used for upload than for download (they do not share the same frequencies on the cable so they do not interfere with each other).

May I drop "Adobe Flash" again. Today, a new update, 11.4 rev 402? Got me another bluescreen. I seriously questin their competence now, can't they at least test their products before they throw them out. 11.3 whatevs already caused tons of issues that were only half the way fixed.
So far in my whole Win7 history I have had three or four bluescreens, all caused by the flash plugin malfunctioning. The first time I laughed, but now it's just annoying.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Goemar - 08-25-2012

[Image: 2139716476.png]

Go USB-dongle net!

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Garamonde - 08-25-2012

Okay so my window is infested with these freaky small black winged bugs that I can't identify. Anybody know? They're all over and under my curtain and while I haven't looked under my curtain (I'm afraid to TBH), I can see that they're crawling in my window. Not only are they annoying because they keep getting on my stuff, but it makes me pretty uneasy because that tells me there's possibly a crack somewhere in my window that they're coming in from.

It appears to be a mix between a tiny wasp/fly and an ant with wings. They can fly but they're mostly just crawling on my curtains.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - RokuGurin - 08-25-2012

I say whip out some bug spray, then try to look for where they could be coming from.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kami - 08-25-2012

Fuck, my virus scanner crapped out.

Honestly, I think it killed itself.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Maxpphire - 08-25-2012

Oops it is actually 19 days until rude roommate moves out.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Goemar - 08-25-2012

(08-25-2012, 10:09 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Okay so my window is infested with these freaky small black winged bugs that I can't identify. Anybody know? They're all over and under my curtain and while I haven't looked under my curtain (I'm afraid to TBH), I can see that they're crawling in my window. Not only are they annoying because they keep getting on my stuff, but it makes me pretty uneasy because that tells me there's possibly a crack somewhere in my window that they're coming in from.

It appears to be a mix between a tiny wasp/fly and an ant with wings. They can fly but they're mostly just crawling on my curtains.

Looks like a flying-ant, and well it is the season for them. Make sure you kill them, you don't want one starting a nest in your window.