The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Previous - 08-01-2012

(07-31-2012, 07:14 PM)puggsoy Wrote: The newest version of Flash Player
Yea I'm pretty much just lauging about that now. It's been going on for a while now and is just ridiculous.
I'm voting MS Silverlight Big Grin Wink

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Vipershark - 08-01-2012

(07-31-2012, 07:14 PM)puggsoy Wrote: The newest version of Flash Player (11.3.300.265) is screwed up. Caused me a whole lot of confusion before I managed to find out that it's incompatible with Firefox 14. Whenever I go on any page with any Flash content, the browser just freezes and I need to use the Task Manager to close it.

NO WONDER

i restarted ff at least 20 to 30 times before giving up
i thought it was just my computer being stupid
firefox didn't even go into not responding mode
it just stopped
no warning, no nothing

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Previous - 08-01-2012

Just noticed, how is 265 the newest? We're at 268 (for a few days now). Chrome is at 265. (Linux at 266)
So mine is still running as before. Not perfect, but also not crashing.
I think the main problem is that they don't work together in order to fix the problems but each try to solve it on their own, so one fixes something and the fix from the other breaks it again. Cute

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - puggsoy - 08-01-2012

Flash Player said it was updating to the latest version, and I got 265. That's how.

In any case I'm not upgrading again until I either read online somewhere that it's fixed, or the Flash Player update fix list includes "stops being stupid with Firefox".

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 08-01-2012

Cut the bottom of my foot.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Sengir - 08-01-2012

AC went out in the middle of the night, using fans, lemonade and popsicles

please send help

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Goemar - 08-01-2012

(07-31-2012, 10:35 PM)Harley Quinn Wrote:
(07-31-2012, 09:16 PM)Goemar Wrote:
(07-31-2012, 03:07 PM)Harley Quinn Wrote: Last night around 4 am, somebody was throwing rocks at my window, flashing flashlights through the window, and dragging their hands along my window. Same thing with my sister's window, which is in our backyard..So somebody climbed our fence and could have been up on our deck. Which really creeps me out.

That's seriously when you call the Police.

They're gone by the time I muster up courage to check my window and the backyard, whoever it is, this is the third time it's happened to me, and they've done more and more each time. The first time it was just some gentle taps on my window, last time it was hard knocking on my window, and this time it was what I listed, so it is an escalating situation, and I'm really frightened to what it might lead to.

And your solution this far is to do... nothing? Borrow a friend's dog or jump them with a baseball bat or something.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kami - 08-01-2012

(08-01-2012, 08:47 AM)Goemar Wrote:
(07-31-2012, 10:35 PM)Harley Quinn Wrote:
(07-31-2012, 09:16 PM)Goemar Wrote:
(07-31-2012, 03:07 PM)Harley Quinn Wrote: Last night around 4 am, somebody was throwing rocks at my window, flashing flashlights through the window, and dragging their hands along my window. Same thing with my sister's window, which is in our backyard..So somebody climbed our fence and could have been up on our deck. Which really creeps me out.

That's seriously when you call the Police.

They're gone by the time I muster up courage to check my window and the backyard, whoever it is, this is the third time it's happened to me, and they've done more and more each time. The first time it was just some gentle taps on my window, last time it was hard knocking on my window, and this time it was what I listed, so it is an escalating situation, and I'm really frightened to what it might lead to.

And your solution this far is to do... nothing? Borrow a friend's dog or jump them with a baseball bat or something.
You forgot the unloading of a shitload of paintballs on them.
And theres always the classic of keeping stuff hidden in you room that you can easily access and throw at them if need be.

Make a trap. Like, a hole in your garden or something. Not anything too serious though, just something that will make them feel stupid/embarrassed/<input deserved feeling here> without actually breaking their leg or anything.

Maybe a night-vision security camera too, if you can afford it, then you can go to the police and give proof.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Marth - 08-01-2012

Dear 8 year-old who got my number somehow please stop calling and saying you're "GOING TO HACK MY IPHONE UNLESS I GIVE YOU 20 DOLLARS" First of all, I don't have an Iphone or even a smart phone for that matter and second who the fuck threatens to hack someone over 20 bucks?

That 8 year-old wants minecraft really badly.

This sucks, I had I migrain so I took the amount I'm supposed to take in pain releivers, and I end up discovering That Painkillers/PainRelievers in general make me quite sick(Probably since I barely used them ever.)
So I'm going to have fun when I get my last 2 wisdom teeth removed in about half a year. Cry

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - alexmach1 - 08-01-2012

alright, 1 AM in the morning, time to go to sleeeeeep

turns out my bed was already occupied

by a scorpion

to add insult to injury, a spider walked past me and up onto my bed to join the scorpion. my couch looks comfy

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Garamonde - 08-01-2012

Are they fighting?

That problem I had with Flash Player yesterday? Yeah I finally fixed it.

After installing the first 11.3 version (256 I think), the player didn't crash FF, however the sound didn't work. So I installed 11.2, but the sound STILL didn't work. Then I decided to give the latest 11.3 version (268) a go, but yet again the sound didn't work.

Then I noticed that FF was on mute in the sound mixer. I recall doing that myself one time, but I'm pretty sure I turned it off afterwards, so I dunno why it was still on mute. In any case the relief when I discovered that was immense, I'm glad I finally got that out of the way, it was a real pain.