The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Garamonde - 06-24-2012

(06-24-2012, 12:10 AM)Koopaul Wrote: Saw a baby bird that was limping on the ground.

At least you don't live around here, where a wild cat would have gotten it. Blank

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Lemonray - 06-24-2012

Double standards can go to hell.

"But it's different when [whatever] does it!"

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Rai - 06-24-2012

So my parents are going through a divorce, right? But that's not the bad news, that's been going on for a few years and I'm over that, specifically. The thing is, my mom's been living at the house while my dad moved out, bought another house, and continued to pay the mortgage, utilities, and taxes on the old house- where she's been living comfortably for the past five or six years this thing has been going on.

Well, during this time, they have come to several agreements. And kept none of them. My dad seems sincere, my mom's spiteful as fuck. She's moving across the state, but before she does so, she's trying to take my dad for all he's got.

An now it's looking like he might have to sell the house. The one *I* live in. And he doesn't make enough to support me.

At least I know I'll make a sexy hobo.

Oh, and I had to sell my PS3 so I could eat. Always great.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 06-24-2012

Applied to Hyvee, this local grocery store, the last page of their questionaire which was 35 questions was literally "how much have you stolen from your employers, non employers and etc in the past whenever" and "How many times have you sold drugs to your coworkers"

:l
You've got to be kidding me, I said no the first 25 times.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Goemar - 06-25-2012

Why hello there and welcome to this week's episode of: Where the fuck is Goemar's external HDD?

First let us recap...

Goemar's HDD broke (oh noes!) - but no worries! 3 year warranty from Western Digital!
Even though it's not Goemar's fault he has to pay £10 to post the HDD and cables, including the power supply, back to them. But what's £10 compared to £140?
The replacement arrives! Hurray! But oh oh... that isn't the same power supply...
It doesn't work! Let's contact Western Digital...
A week passes
Goemar complains on the WD forum and after 6 days...
Hurray contact! Goemar's "case" status is elevated.
A week passes.
Goemar asks on the forum what the fuck is going on.
His case is elevated again to the HIGHEST LEVEL
Nothing happens for ages...
Goemar complains AGAIN and FINALLY someone emails him.
A new power supply is sent.
It's bent... and European... Goemar face palms.

So now let us begin today's episdoe...

Thankfully as soon as I complained about getting a EU plug a UK one arrived the next day. Which was nice, but well... it still isn't the plug I sent back. I'm assuming it's the plug they're meant to send me though - some cheaper looking version because WD are obviously dicks.

But it STILL doesn't work. So now I don't know if it's the plug or the HDD itself (perhaps killed by the first plug they sent me). I email the guy back as he said "email me if you need further assistance" and it's been about a week now. The forum support team have pretty much gave up and just said "ring the EU team" meaning I'll have to explain all this shit to them after waiting in a line for god knows how long as they fail to use any form of database to know what my case is or what's happened so far. They'll no doubt make me pay to post it back AGAIN as well.

I'm just so sick of this I just want my damn money back.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - ~Axis~ - 06-25-2012

(06-25-2012, 05:36 AM)Goemar Wrote: Why hello there and welcome to this week's episode of: Where the fuck is Goemar's external HDD?

First let us recap...

Goemar's HDD broke (oh noes!) - but no worries! 3 year warranty from Western Digital!
Even though it's not Goemar's fault he has to pay £10 to post the HDD and cables, including the power supply, back to them. But what's £10 compared to £140?
The replacement arrives! Hurray! But oh oh... that isn't the same power supply...
It doesn't work! Let's contact Western Digital...
A week passes
Goemar complains on the WD forum and after 6 days...
Hurray contact! Goemar's "case" status is elevated.
A week passes.
Goemar asks on the forum what the fuck is going on.
His case is elevated again to the HIGHEST LEVEL
Nothing happens for ages...
Goemar complains AGAIN and FINALLY someone emails him.
A new power supply is sent.
It's bent... and European... Goemar face palms.

So now let us begin today's episdoe...

Thankfully as soon as I complained about getting a EU plug a UK one arrived the next day. Which was nice, but well... it still isn't the plug I sent back. I'm assuming it's the plug they're meant to send me though - some cheaper looking version because WD are obviously dicks.

But it STILL doesn't work. So now I don't know if it's the plug or the HDD itself (perhaps killed by the first plug they sent me). I email the guy back as he said "email me if you need further assistance" and it's been about a week now. The forum support team have pretty much gave up and just said "ring the EU team" meaning I'll have to explain all this shit to them after waiting in a line for god knows how long as they fail to use any form of database to know what my case is or what's happened so far. They'll no doubt make me pay to post it back AGAIN as well.

I'm just so sick of this I just want my damn money back.

Your HDD must be cursed or something. Or the company is just being an ass.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Maxpphire - 06-25-2012

Oops, possible medical issue, ho!

Now keep in mind I don't have a doctor because, well, I actually don't know, I just don't. I also have no clue how to get one and since I don't live with my mom, welp!

I am still covered under her medical insurance though.

Anyway it is like 7:50am and I have yet to fall asleep due to severe stomach pain. It just has started to fade away nowish and well, I was in pain since about 1:30-2am. I've lately (like for the past week) been in pain about an hour or so after I eat, haven't been hungry really, haven't been eating near as much food as normal, and poo issues (I'll leave it at that.). I'm assuming digesting food is causing me pain and issues for whatever reason.

Now I understand the appropriate responce is "go see a doctor" but I literally have no clue how to go find one if that makes sense. I could go to the ER, there is a hospital right down the street, but I'm not sure if that is a better option either.

Alternatively it could be due to stress, but being the little ball of stress and worry that I am and have had no stomach problems due to it before, I don't think so.

I took some time to research some of the symptoms you metioned, Kat (I hate stomach aches). Not much, but at least it will help a bit. YOU SHOULD STILL SEE A DOCTOR!

Search results

Except I haven't changed my diet at all? (I tend to not look medical issues up online unless it is out of pure interest because they are of no help of trying to diagnose what's wrong with you, ever. Which you should never attempt to diagnose yourself ever.)

I'm more or less asking how to find a doctor in my local area, and if that is even worth it right now or just go straight to the ER.

If the pain is that severe, you should go to the ER. Otherwise, find a doctor and have an appointment.

Last time I had severe stomach pain I ended nearly having my appendix out.
Get someone to put some pressure on where it hurts and remove their hand without warning - if it hurts like hell, probably that.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Previous - 06-25-2012

(06-25-2012, 08:35 AM)Kat Wrote: Except I haven't changed my diet at all? (I tend to not look medical issues up online unless it is out of pure interest because they are of no help of trying to diagnose what's wrong with you, ever. Which you should never attempt to diagnose yourself ever.)
Very true.

(06-25-2012, 08:35 AM)Kat Wrote: I'm more or less asking how to find a doctor in my local area, and if that is even worth it right now or just go straight to the ER.
Might sound stupid, but I used google maps.
Then there are the yellowpages and (local) phonebooks (ours have special lists of doctors etc, really convenient).
I don't know how it works for you people. Here, you'd have to ask the GP if they take new patients etc and fill out some forms (name, address, insurance, previous doctors so they can request old medical records...). They'd not be allowed to turn you down if they're not already much over capacity. That's how it's dealt with here in Germany if I'm not mistaken.

The thing is the pain is only there not long after i eat or drink things, I also don't have a fever so I'm ruling out the appendix thing because while I'm against diagnosing yourself, at the same time, if the shoe doesn't fit...

Probably head to the hospital on Thursday or Friday. Can't go today because roommate needs today and tomarrow to recover from medical thing. Wednesday I have to work at 7 so I might not have time.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 06-25-2012

My little brother's friend is such a pile of shit douche bag. He's lying through his teeth about what he did to one of the neighbor kids, and thinks he's actually getting away with it. He's such a terrible influence on my little brother and my little brother won't even stand up to him, he just lets this kid tell him what to do and takes the insults all the while. Fucking pisses me off so much.

Punch him