The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - [robo9] - 06-17-2012

(06-17-2012, 05:39 AM)Goemar Wrote: What? Am I reading this right? Someone has stopped being your friend/talking to you because you don't believe in God? What year is this?

I'm in Arkansas, so it shouldn't be surprising if I lost a friend over being an atheist. The thing is is that it's happened several times already, without me even being too outspoken.

However I did get a text message from him today explaining that he blocked me simply because he converted back to Christianity, an that he didn't want me to see his posts and think of him badly. Me and the guy are good friends, and it turns out the guy only did it so it wouldn't ruin our friendship. This should be on the Happy or Neutral thread, but since the original problem was in here, I thought this wouldn't hurt.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 06-17-2012

I've never had a JW knock at my door, I wish one would, because I'd answer in a band tee and my skeletonwitch booty shorts with satanic metal blasting in the background and just go from there.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Britt - 06-17-2012

If they ever do, ask if they have a copy of the Watchtower with them.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - TomGuycott - 06-17-2012

My dad always lets JW's in and does stuff like make them coffee or tea or whatever. He's never even interested in what they have to say, he's just a really nice guy.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Lemonray - 06-17-2012

Couldn't sleep last night. Damn it.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Marth - 06-17-2012

I legitimately answered the door once and for them and said "Here let's trade" took their book and gave them a bible and then closed the door. They stood on my porch for a good 5 minutes talking to each other about what just happened and then finally left.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Rosencrantz - 06-17-2012

There apparently used to be a JW church a few houses away from mine when I was growing up.

Like, it was *literally* on my street, and it was a standard house that was converted into a church for them.

Honestly, it wasn't as bad as you would expect, apparently JW's don't annoy people on their streets of residence.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 06-18-2012

The JW church is about a mile away from where I live.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Rosencrantz - 06-18-2012

but it's not on your street, now is it?

Wink

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Previous - 06-18-2012

The only Jenova's Witness I ever talked to was the one in our ethics class and she was alright. When we discussed the topic once in class, she reassured us that at least their group wouldn't bother people who made it clear they they didn't want to get involved and they wouldn't visit their houses again (at least not for a few years).
Well, none of them ever visited us as far as I can recall.

So if you ask me, it's okay if you try to convert people as long as you respect it when they decline and stop bothering them at that point.
Please everyone become a vegetarian okay? Thanks! Genki ^_^

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Vipershark - 06-18-2012

(06-18-2012, 12:12 AM)Previous Wrote: Jenova's Witness
[Image: iYBpB.jpg]

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - alexmach1 - 06-18-2012

halo 2 servers back up, yaay
server list:
modded weapons so everything explodes
kill the admin and you get instabanned
tank wars, anyone outside a tank gets their shit blown up
sniper sword fight, because balance is for wimps
private server made public, if I don't know you its an instaban
password protected decent CTF server
ROCKET WARRSSSSSSSS
shotgun sword battle, because long range is for wimps
only spartan playermodels allowed
only elite playermodels allowed
teamkilling enabled, all vehicles enabled
MAHCIINMA SRVUR DUN JOYN DIS 4 UTUB

well, back to halo 1 for me.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Rosencrantz - 06-18-2012

I keep forgetting that Halo 2 is still played, since I completely forgot there was a PC version of it.

Glad to know that it wasn't worth me going out to pick up a copy, despite me sourly missing Halo 2...

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Dazz - 06-18-2012

Had a dream that Konami made 4/5 Suikoden games that I didn't know about. And a shop (that doesn't actually exist) a few doors down from my house was selling them for like £6/7 a piece.
2 of them were fighting games, which wouldn't have made any sense.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 06-18-2012

My thighs are so god damned chaffed, I'm sick of hawking beer.