The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - alexmach1 - 06-09-2012

got over 90% on my english final.

grade still an F.

whatisthisidonteven

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Marth - 06-09-2012

Usually exams aren't averaged into the quarter/semester grade(if you're in high school that is, I'm not sure how it works in college...) so it only will really effect your semester/year average.

Semester formula; 3rd quarter + 3rd quarter + 4th quarter + 4th quarter + exam, take the sum and divide by 5.

Year formula; 1st + 2nd + 3rd + 4th + exam 1 + exam 2 and divide by six.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Cshad - 06-10-2012

Usually Exams/Finals only count towards 10% of your grade.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Koopaul - 06-10-2012

Well I am quite predictable. (but we all know that) Every time I'm an a rut on these forums I get confused, angry, to self loathing.
Then I start reading Friedrich Nietzsche's works to make me feel better. (it does at first) But then that makes me even more depressed!

It's a poisonous cycle. I think I'm mentally self destructive.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Cobalt Blue - 06-10-2012

or maybe you take internet debates more deeply than you should, like most of tsr usually does over the most trivial issues as if the entire internet had a personal grudge against you.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Garamonde - 06-10-2012

My great grandmother died this morning at the age of 95.

I cannot believe it, this is an entirely surreal feeling. I have already cried my heart out and I still feel like crying. However I have had so many wonderful times with her since I was little, and I will always hold these dear memories of the precious time I spent with her in my heart for as long as I live. I was always very happy when I knew I was going to her house to stay with her, because I had so much fun and was very happy there with her. She was an incredible person in my life and it hurts so much knowing that she is gone, especially since this is my very first experience losing a close family member. I'm trying really hard to be strong and move on though, because I know that is what she would want.

I can at least feel happy of the fact that she didn't suffer in any way when she passed. She was in that unresponsive sleeping state for all of yesterday so she was completely peaceful.

Remember everyone... Always, always cherish the times you spend with those you care about, even the bad ones, and tell them you love them, because you never know when you will lose them forever...

Rest in peace, Nan Nan, I will always remember you, miss you and love you.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Lemonray - 06-10-2012

So sorry to hear that, Jetters.

Thanks Ray. I appreciate that a lot. It'll be okay though, because I know she's still here with me.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Goemar - 06-10-2012

At 95 she had a grand life. It may sound silly now but soon you'll be celebrating the years you shared, the stories of the years you didn't and all those memories of her you had instead of mourning her passing.

It's a hard road coping with death. With my Grand-parent's ever declining health it's a road I fear I might be treading on soon again myslef. But with death what "is" isn't important, it's what "was" that is so special. Life really is about the journey. The destination is the same for everyone, it holds no importance in the grand scheme of things. It's the journey she shard with you that you need to look at, not with grief for her loss, but with joy for being able to share it with her.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Koopaul - 06-10-2012

My grandmother died last year of cancer. I know how it feels to lose a beloved grandma. Just keep those wonderful times with her close.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Vipershark - 06-10-2012

Both of my grandmothers died within the last two years.
You're gonna feel bad for a while, but things will get better. Smile

Thanks a lot guys that makes me feel better. I'm definitely always going to hold onto the good times we had, and try not to be sad.
One of my cousins is here to visit now so that makes me a million times happier.
Koopaul, Viper, I'm really sorry to hear about yours. I guess I know how you both feel now. Goemar, I hope things get better for you.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 06-11-2012

I swear to god if my friend chews me out when he gets back for pouring grease down the drain I'm going to fucking flip, as he does the exact same shit every time he browns the beef, and it just so happened on my turn it clogged the drain, which he has done before also.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Maxpphire - 06-11-2012

ASDFGHJKL NO DON'T DO THAT.

Seriously, it will rot your pipes, put it in a coffee can or something and throw it out.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Dazz - 06-11-2012

Yeah dude, don't pour that shit down the drain. As Kat said, pour it into a bottle, or just in a seal-able bag.