The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - [robo9] - 06-02-2012

Its also becomes hard as fuck to find an unbiased report on certain stories, i.e. the Trayvon Martin/ George Zimmerman debacle.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Lemonray - 06-03-2012

Feeling pretty miserable at the moment.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Koopaul - 06-03-2012

(06-02-2012, 03:40 AM)Dazz Wrote: And every 2 ads, it's an ad about Geiko or whatever, or an ad about suing somebody. I'm not even kidding, it's seriously that fucking bad.
Over here it's mostly just ads about toothpaste (HERP DERP) or beauty products.

It depends on the station.

TV Land, all the ads are about funeral plans and Life Alert
Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon show toy and candy ads
Adult Swim has body spray and action movie ads
Nick@Nite has menstruation ads... ew.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - LeleleleMAXIMUM - 06-03-2012

i never watch tv anymore because tv in the philippines is...
well the last time i watched the news, they dedicated almost ten minutes or 6 segments to the American Idol finals.
and the Corona Impeachment Trial got 2 minutes.
that's. nice.

EDIT:
it's like what Steve Hughes said about X-Factor and the news, except this isn't a joke.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Vipershark - 06-03-2012

(06-03-2012, 01:22 AM)Koopaul Wrote:
(06-02-2012, 03:40 AM)Dazz Wrote: And every 2 ads, it's an ad about Geiko or whatever, or an ad about suing somebody. I'm not even kidding, it's seriously that fucking bad.
Over here it's mostly just ads about toothpaste (HERP DERP) or beauty products.

It depends on the station.

TV Land, all the ads are about funeral plans and Life Alert
Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon show toy and candy ads
Adult Swim has body spray and action movie ads
Nick@Nite has menstruation ads... ew.
Target markets, Koopaul.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 06-04-2012

Man my friends can be shitbags. My friend said he'd be back at his place 20 minutes from 11: 39, and it's now been 40 minutes. I think he's taking advantage of the fact that I have internet outside to fucking mess around with this one girl at another friends place. If he doesn't get here by 12Cute9, I'm calling him a shitbag and going home pissy.
EDIT: well what do ya know, I was right on the fucking mark. Just left and is taking his merry time.
EDIT2: Oh hey, let me add on to that, pretty rude too. One asks for some background music so I put my itunes on shuffle. Song from the Madworld soundtrack comes on and I really like it so I turn it up.
"Uhm, that's so aggressively annoying that I can't read" and he proceeds to mockingly mimic the song until I change it. Could have just asked like the others did, since I was about to change it since they asked..

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Rosencrantz - 06-04-2012

perpetually bitching about school time, here we gooooooooooo

so basically, I put my entire schedule together for the next six terms (not including co-ops) I have left here. This translates to the next two years of my life.

I have full intentions of finishing my Master's at the same time as my Bachelor's, so I have finished all my research in the matter of doing this.

So far, I found out that I *COULD HAVE SWITCHED MY CO-OP CYCLE* if I was promising to do the BS/MS. The people in the co-op offices did not know this and said "lol sorry you can't switch out lol" and I was forever left under the impression that my terrible cycle was permanent and there was absolutely no way I could push up an exception.
God dammit.

Second, it is entirely possible for me to actually finish everything I need to finish within the next two years, and then I can walk out of here with a Master's along with my Bachelor's. For this to actually happen, I need to ensure that all the classes I need to take do not conflict with each other. Considering I have to take at least 18 credits each term (including one term that actually goes to 21, which means I'll have to pay additional money to go past the credit limit), there are *extremely* high chances that there will be conflicts.
God double dammit.

Third, a *lot* of the required graduate technical electives I need will end up being completed during the Spring due to my scheduling. There is a chance that this will actually be impossible, as the program might not run these classes at all during the Spring/Summer terms. The outcome of this is a very double-edged sword; either I *can* take all the classes I need during the Spring term (and then suffer by having to finish an 18-credit term during the last leg of my Senior Design project), or I have to push all my classes off for an additional Fall *and* Winter terms (which, in term, completely alleviates my workload and I'll be looking at 12-credit terms) (but at the same time, I have to pay two more terms worth of tuition).
God triple dammit.

I'm going in to see my undergraduate advisor tomorrow to discuss options, perhaps even figuring out if I can trim out a General Elective or two because of some pure Honors classes I took (I think I mentioned that Jack the Ripper class to you guys before? Because that class doesn't count towards my degree, apparently!!). Hopefully I can get some suggestions and support from them so I don't make any extremely stupid decisions.

Also I get to phone in my two interviews with the DCMA/Boeing and Prodesco tomorrow!! Hopefully I don't also make stupid decisions there when scheduling these things, and *hopefully* these interviews are at least in the Philadelphia area and that I won't have to travel just to get to them :C

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Lemonray - 06-04-2012

The worst thing about my inconsistent memory (It's simultaneously excellent and absolutely terrible) is that quite a lot of the things I remember really well are painful memories. There are some things I just want to forget about completely...

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kosheh - 06-04-2012

So an internet friend wouldn't stop talking shit about me.
So I blew up on him and told him off.

He ofc being his usual aggressive self is all "oh it was a joke, i just wanted to piss you off" - all the jokes are made literally at my expense. and i'm tired of it.

He apologizes, but I don't pick it up: I continue to be an asshole, and force him to apologize, which he isn't very sincere as he pulls the same shit. I call him out on it, showing that he literally hasnt changed. "Oh, calm down IT'S A JOKE"

So I come back with a hilarious joke:
i block him

i've cooled down a bit but i might as well keep the block ongoing to give us both a chance to cool off before talking more diligently.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Koopaul - 06-04-2012

Back in the late PT... Jokes were always at my expense. T_T

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Dazz - 06-04-2012

[Image: i1VRM.gif]

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kosheh - 06-04-2012

(06-04-2012, 09:16 AM)Dazz Wrote: [Image: i1VRM.gif]

[Image: avatar_1.jpg]

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Rosencrantz - 06-04-2012

Ok, scratch that entire bitching post I made above, turns out
WELP
can't do a four-year masters for accreditation reasons.

Also on that note my degree might not be accredited because I'm a four-year one co-op instead of a five-year three co-op. This shit better be straightened out because fuck everything right now.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Lemonray - 06-04-2012

I can't sleep. Great.

Also I'm feeling particularly upset at the moment, more than I have for weeks. I'm even getting strange headaches just from being sad. What's worse, is that I really can't think of anything that would make me feel better right now.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Maxpphire - 06-04-2012

I've been hella depressed for the past two weeks for no reason. [I]Fun.[\I]