The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kosheh - 05-31-2012

i'm losing ebay auctions left and right. holy shit. <_>

to make things worse, there's a local smash bros. brawl tournament being held near my house. $5 to get in, winner takes pot of money.
now that sounds cool and all, until i find out that my competition consists of nobodies i knew from high school who have no impening future plans

it's weird because they're completely ODDBALL people that i absolutely couldnt stand from my old highschool

- one is a guy that i kinda wasnt too thrilled to be friends with. i'm really not a dick about knowing this guy but this guy was just...bad. he was very unclean, rarely showered, and several times cockroaches have crawled out of his backpack in the library.
- the other two are girls i knew from the Dark Ages of highschool where i thought i'd be forever an eternal virgin
- one resembles a horse, almost wrecked one of my highschool friendships HARD, and has told me "oh yea im into uniformed guys" - mainly cos i dont think she has any desire to actually work - her big diva ass can just live off the fat of the land provided by her flavor of the week ex-navy guy whos kinda fuckin crazy
- the other is a fluked one-time love thing that i absolutely fucked myself over in and then later found out that she was my best friend's second cousin
awk-waaaard

planning to take my girlfriend with me to this event only results in me hard fucking myself over and potentially getting punched in the face by a trailer trash boyfriend

the thing is, the tourney isn't gonna do that great with 103 people on the (facebook) invite list and i for the record know that around here its more like super trash bros

what doesn't help is asking my friends on wifi to help me "practice" only to get 1v2ed by them every game

sigh

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Cobalt Blue - 05-31-2012

(05-31-2012, 01:25 AM)Koopaul Wrote:
(05-30-2012, 11:03 PM)Devicho Wrote: Can someone just take my sisters; I don't want them anymore. They're going to make me have a stroke by the time I'm 25, I just know it.

Maybe by that time you can move out.

i moved out by that time. wich was last year, but still was quite a late thing to do considering i should had done it at least 6 or so years before.

anyway, as long as you can afford it, do it. and enjoy seeing how your life's quality improves dramatically.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Devicho - 05-31-2012

Trust me, I'd love to. I seriously can't afford even the cheapest apartments, however (Hell yeah $150 biweekly paychecks.), and doing so would fuck over my mom big-time because she can't afford daycare nor do we have family out here that can watch the baby. (Hence I babysit in the first place.)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - LeleleleMAXIMUM - 05-31-2012

(05-31-2012, 01:38 AM)Gwen Wrote: With my group of friends, I'm the third fucking wheel every time we hang out. This fucking sucks so much. Especially when they always fucking do stuff in front of me.

yo, haha. this was me two years ago when i hung out with 2 couples (that's 4 friends if you're into mathematics). they were fun to talk to, but sometimes, they just idk snap and start making out in front of me. i just learned to space out. what's even weirder is they do this DURING conversations, so it got really awkward. i just told them to tone it down a bit, and they did. hope this helps.

i'm poopy sad because there are only 24 hours in a day and that isn't enough to do everything i want (which includes taking a four-hour nap at 1 in the afternoon).

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - recme - 05-31-2012

oh my fucking god i got detention at school for no reason.

i only bumped into someone by accident while scratching my head and then i got in trouble. i had to write an essay, front and back on why it is important to follow the school rules.

fucking sucks

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 05-31-2012

(05-31-2012, 09:34 AM)LeleleleMAXIMUM Wrote:
(05-31-2012, 01:38 AM)Gwen Wrote: With my group of friends, I'm the third fucking wheel every time we hang out. This fucking sucks so much. Especially when they always fucking do stuff in front of me.

yo, haha. this was me two years ago when i hung out with 2 couples (that's 4 friends if you're into mathematics). they were fun to talk to, but sometimes, they just idk snap and start making out in front of me. i just learned to space out. what's even weirder is they do this DURING conversations, so it got really awkward. i just told them to tone it down a bit, and they did. hope this helps.

i'm poopy sad because there are only 24 hours in a day and that isn't enough to do everything i want (which includes taking a four-hour nap at 1 in the afternoon).
After two of them left, my friend who was staying for the night asked for sex advice, knowing full well I have no experience in that department, and it was an awkward conversation..it went as so.
Friend: "Bastard, would you have sex with her? I mean, I know she wants to and I know I want to, but I don't know if in the next few days"
Me: "Uhm..... >.<' .... I'm going to play some more Two Worlds II...."

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - DioShiba - 05-31-2012

So many mixed emotions right now it fucking hurts to even think.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Goemar - 06-01-2012

Just seen the Aliens Colonial Marines special edition... damn I really can't afford to buy it but I know I will...

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 06-01-2012

Waited three weeks just to hear my friends tattoo guy say he can't even attempt my tattoo idea. Fucking local tattoo artists, every idea I've ever come in with is apparently impossible, even when I do a little research to make sure it would work. My current idea, which I checked up on, has been put on smaller areas, and worked out fine, along with the shoulder, is just to big to put anywhere but as a giant backpiece according to him. Stupidstupidstupidstupidstupid local tattoo artists.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Goemar - 06-01-2012

(06-01-2012, 01:02 PM)Gwen Wrote: Waited three weeks just to hear my friends tattoo guy say he can't even attempt my tattoo idea. Fucking local tattoo artists, every idea I've ever come in with is apparently impossible, even when I do a little research to make sure it would work. My current idea, which I checked up on, has been put on smaller areas, and worked out fine, along with the shoulder, is just to big to put anywhere but as a giant backpiece according to him. Stupidstupidstupidstupidstupid local tattoo artists.

Better for him to be honest about his abilities than to do a terrible job. Nothing looks worse than a bad tattoo.

As for me, my complaint against Western Digital has been elevated AGAIN but I'm still yet to receive anyone actually contact me about sorting it out...

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 06-01-2012

You are right, but it's frustrating that everyone recommends me these guys because of how "WONDERFUL" and "AMAZING" their work is and even with the simplest idea, they always tell me they can't. Guess I'm saving up for my 21st and I'll go visit a high end artist in New York when I go their for my 21st.
EDIT: Fox News is such garbage, oh my dear god. It's like a 24/7 gossip and rant station to slam Democrats and Obama. I mean for fucks sake, they're criticizing Obama because he added jobs, BUT NOT ENOUGH JOBS GOD DARNIT. I am face palming in my mind so fucking hard.
"PRESIDENT CLINTON DOESN'T UNDERSTAND THAT HE'S WRONG ABOUT ROMNEY, CLINTON NEEDS MORE CLINTON IN HIM AND MAYBE HE WOULDN'T DOUBLE TEAM WITH OBAMA ON ROMNEY. "

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST ARE YOU KIDDING ME, I'M ACTUALLY HEARING THIS GARBAGE.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kakashifan - 06-01-2012

No one is buying my Ebay stuff...the auctions gonna end in a day...my foot feels numb...I have no motivation even though I opened up GameMaker for the first time in about a year or two.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - [robo9] - 06-01-2012

(06-01-2012, 01:30 PM)Gwen Wrote: Fox News

This here is the problem.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Dazz - 06-02-2012

I really, really, REALLY feel bad for Americans when it comes to news. Each station has an agenda - over here I believe there are actually laws in news broadcasting where unless it's explicitly stated as opinion, you can't really slander somebody outright. There are of course ways around this, such as reporting on what somebody has said about someone else and giving it a good spin, but ultimately we just get the facts. Unless it's a breakfast show, they rarely have more than 1 newscaster, and they don't talk to each other about what they think about the news. They just read it.

While I was over in the US, I felt like your television production values were just... shocking. I mean, everything. So many ad breaks, where you have ads that would have cost nothing to produce, and were made by someone who just found video editing software. And every 2 ads, it's an ad about Geiko or whatever, or an ad about suing somebody. I'm not even kidding, it's seriously that fucking bad.
Over here it's mostly just ads about toothpaste (HERP DERP) or beauty products.

I tried watching your news stations, and they're all just about how these people suck and these people are awesome - but Ameirca overall, fuck yeah, we're the best.
In the end I just gave up on television while in the hostels in the US, because it really is just pointless to even try to learn about what's going on. I resorted to just going to the BBC website for news...

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kosheh - 06-02-2012

(06-02-2012, 03:40 AM)Dazz Wrote: Over here it's mostly just ads about toothpaste (HERP DERP) or beauty products.

believe it or not once upon a time america used to have endless colgate, listerine and l'oreal ads. then lawyers started throwing ads on tv because everyone likes suing people for dumb shit

Also yeah our news is horrible. It's literally "murder, rape, rape, murder, taxes, safety hazards, police did a thing". I went to Montreal two years ago and their news was literaly "new speed bumps! oh and this movie is coming out look at jason statham not wear a shirt mmm". The most Americanesque news as a newflash about a homeless guy murdering a drunk tourist and the local pool closing due to aids or something.

Ironically though Dazz when I watch the news I watch BBC.
When you want news though in America CNN is pretty good too. Honestly, every news channel here is opinionated. You'll notice one station with a very Republican attitude towards headlines and then another that is strictly Democratic. The only apathetic news channel you can watch in the states is, no joke, BBC.

I wish our TV didn't suck so much ass :{