The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 02-16-2012

Oh my god, I hate my computer design teacher. Thanks for making it clear at the end of class that lesson 5 was due today since you never actually talk about anything class related it seems. Also thanks for continuing to change the fucking assignment schedule because you're incompetent at fucking letting anyone know about anything. Had assignments due over spring break, when we can't even access the labs, and she's now RELUCTANTLY pushing the schedule back AGAIN.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - X Gamer 66 - 02-16-2012

imagine living in a hall full of the most obnoxious stereotypical fratboys on the planet, only instead of screaming about getting drunk and fucking women, they scream about getting drunk and playing League of legends. Also, saying the word "bro" more often than a normal person says "the". This is where I have to live. It's cute in small doses, but this shit goes on -all- -fucking- -day-.

On top of this, I'm contractually obligated to stay, so unless I can write a convincing letter of request to revoke my housing contract (and pay a $300 fine), I have to deal with this for another year. Even if I do get my contract revoked, I have to stay here at least another month and a half

I know your pains, people treat LoL like the fucking bee knees around here and I found it extremely boring the one time I did try. And replace noisy frat boys with noisy "nerds" who blare Electronica and Taylor Swift all day.

I'm lost in programming, I have a lab due tomorrow and I have no idea what do.
Maybe I'm not cut out for Game design..I might have to think about switching fully to Audio engineering. Music seems to be my prime love in life..
I don't know, if I could just skip the programming and work with story and art I'd be happy, but programming makes me miserable. I'll probably have nothing to hand in tomorrow..

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kriven - 02-16-2012

Bastard is a fan of concept development, yes?

Yeah, wanna fight 'bout it?
But in non bastardness yes I am.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kakashifan - 02-16-2012

YYeeaahh!~~ brofist! I like making up ideas, but at programming them. I'm soo fucked with my CS hw due monday....soooo fucked.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Sengir - 02-16-2012

(02-16-2012, 08:09 PM)Radular Bastard Wrote: I'm lost in programming, I have a lab due tomorrow and I have no idea what do.
Maybe I'm not cut out for Game design..I might have to think about switching fully to Audio engineering. Music seems to be my prime love in life..
I don't know, if I could just skip the programming and work with story and art I'd be happy, but programming makes me miserable. I'll probably have nothing to hand in tomorrow..

Need some help?

I'd love some but I'd practically need you to hand me the program, and that wouldn't be fair to ask, and it'd be disnhonest Sad If you want I can send you the guidelines for the assignment, we have to pass pointers into arrays and do something with our name, I think flip it.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Sengir - 02-17-2012

(Sorry for late response Sad)

Sure thing, I'll see what I can do!

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 02-17-2012

Here's a copy with the guidelines, any advice is appreciated Smile

Part 1
In your main() function, ask the user to enter their full name. Ensure that you can successfully store their name, with the space and without having a ‘\n’ character in the array. Make sure that you can handle a reasonable name. There’s a good chance that I won’t grade the assignment based upon your name.
Part 2
Pass a pointer of your character array into a function that outputs the number of characters stored in your character array.
Part 3
Pass a pointer of your character array into a function this displays the reverse. For example, my name of Kyle Cronin would be output as: ninorC elyK
Part 4
Again, passing a pointer to your array, inform the user which character is the space in your name. For example, for Kyle Cronin, my function would output: 4, since the 5th element of my array would be the space (remember element vs element number).
Part 5
Within your main function, after you’ve called the other functions, reverse your name. For example, my name would be outputted as: Cronin Kyle.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Sengir - 02-17-2012

I can't explain things very well though Shy

I can give you some non-C code though!

Part 3:
Code:
public void reverseName(name)
{
string newName = "";
for (int i = name.length; i > 0; i--)
{
newName += name[i];
}
return newName;
}

Part 4:
Code:
public void detectSpace(name)
{
for (int i = 0; i > name.length; i++)
{
if (name[i] = " ")
{
return i;
}
}
return null;
}

Part 5 (lazily done b/c i'm tired:
Code:
public void lastNameFirst(name)
{
string firstName = "";
string lastName = "";
int space = detectSpace(name); //This is the previous part!
for (int i = 0; i > space; i++)
{
firstName += name[i];
}
for (int i = space ; i > name.length; i++)
{
lastName += name[i];
}
return lastName + " " + firstName;
}

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 02-17-2012

Thank you very much! I appreciate any help, and I shall stay up a bit later than normal tonight working on it Smile

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kakashifan - 02-17-2012

Windows keep crashing on me. Why windows, you bitch?

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Kriven - 02-17-2012

I'm ridiculously tired right now x.x;