The VG Resource
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX (/thread-17886.html)

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Vipershark - 01-25-2012

Eheh what happened

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Lemonray - 01-25-2012

I didn't get much sleep last night. At about 2 am I woke up and just couldn't go back to sleep, until about 3 hours later. So when I woke up this morning at 7 I felt absolutely terrible.

Edit: Oh, right, and another thing.

Minutes after I got out of bed, I got a call from grandma, who wanted me to rearrange some of her living room furniture and assemble the new cabinet she bought. Of course, it couldn't wait until later because she's having company later and everything has to be neatly arranged and in perfect order.
Of course it doesn't matter that I was feeling awful.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - [robo9] - 01-25-2012

(01-25-2012, 02:26 AM)Vipershark Wrote: Eheh what happened

Well mom decided to have a rather an argument with me. Her first statement without me saying anything first was "Well can you seen air," and I said with the proper microscope, you can." She went on to stating "I shouldn't be here because I had complications at birth" and that "modern medicine diet do jack shit for me, it was prayer." I brought up the studies that shown prayer doesn't really affect patients at all, and she basically ignored it. She then tried to bring up experiences, and I told her experiences are subjective. "Well that's all your scientific research is, experiences." She then went on to say how she wasn't going to tolerate athiesm in this house. I told her "you don't have to tolerate it, but atleast have the human decency to respect my opinion." So basically after I said that, she tried to slap theshit out of me. She didn't however, I caught her hand and tried to leave the house. She grabbed me by my shirt, and I basically wasn't able to get it out of her grip. She then has a breakdown on how I'm going to hell, and how there has to be better after this. She went on to call me a hypocrite for going go Wednesday services, and wouldn't accept "I go because if I didn't, my friends would find out and would likely ostracize me." Then my father comes home. They keep saying how they know I have questions, and deep down inside I still believe. He then said how everything I do involves trying to be different, and that I try to push people away. He said he wasn't too sure how much /he/ wanted to be around me now. My dad tried to Pascal's wager, I state my odds are just as good as his, since there have web thousands of gods, etc. All then asks him the same as I did my mom, that he ddnt have to tolerate my atheism or like it, but that he should atleast respect my opinion. He then said he couldn't do that, literally broke down as he retold the passing of his grandpa, and said I wasn't owed any respect from him, and neither did my opinions. Also somewhere in there my mom said that the changing of scientific theories after more facts are found is the same as the bible being changed on a whim. They also still claim I'm I denial, it's their fault for not being vocal enough about church, I was being selfish, and that we're going to church more.

Oh sarcastic fuck yeah.

-Edit-

Fun fact, they also thought Jason(Giz), Sengir, and Vipershark Jones and the other "weird internet people" had something to do with it

Jesus Christ Robo9, your parents are insane. Seriously, they're not even living in the real world.

You've got to watch yourself if your parents are willing to use force to try and subjugate you. You shouldn't tolerate that shit for a second.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Gwen - 01-25-2012

(01-25-2012, 08:30 AM)[robo9] Wrote:
(01-25-2012, 02:26 AM)Vipershark Wrote: Eheh what happened

Well mom decided to have a rather an argument with me. Her first statement without me saying anything first was "Well can you seen air," and I said with the proper microscope, you can." She went on to stating "I shouldn't be here because I had complications at birth" and that "modern medicine diet do jack shit for me, it was prayer." I brought up the studies that shown prayer doesn't really affect patients at all, and she basically ignored it. She then tried to bring up experiences, and I told her experiences are subjective. "Well that's all your scientific research is, experiences." She then went on to say how she wasn't going to tolerate athiesm in this house. I told her "you don't have to tolerate it, but atleast have the human decency to respect my opinion." So basically after I said that, she tried to slap theshit out of me. She didn't however, I caught her hand and tried to leave the house. She grabbed me by my shirt, and I basically wasn't able to get it out of her grip. She then has a breakdown on how I'm going to hell, and how there has to be better after this. She went on to call me a hypocrite for going go Wednesday services, and wouldn't accept "I go because if I didn't, my friends would find out and would likely ostracize me." Then my father comes home. They keep saying how they know I have questions, and deep down inside I still believe. He then said how everything I do involves trying to be different, and that I try to push people away. He said he wasn't too sure how much /he/ wanted to be around me now. My dad tried to Pascal's wager, I state my odds are just as good as his, since there have web thousands of gods, etc. All then asks him the same as I did my mom, that he ddnt have to tolerate my atheism or like it, but that he should atleast respect my opinion. He then said he couldn't do that, literally broke down as he retold the passing of his grandpa, and said I wasn't owed any respect from him, and neither did my opinions. Also somewhere in there my mom said that the changing of scientific theories after more facts are found is the same as the bible being changed on a whim. They also still claim I'm I denial, it's their fault for not being vocal enough about church, I was being selfish, and that we're going to church more.

Oh sarcastic fuck yeah.

-Edit-

Fun fact, they also thought Jason(Giz), Sengir, and Vipershark Jones and the other "weird internet people" had something to do with it
Love how they think internet people had a doing in it, Sengir is pretty religious. Sorry that had to happen man Sad I don't think my parents would be that mad, but I'm never going to tell them I'm Agnostic. I don't want to think of what would happen.

I'm not telling my parents until after I move out or they just find out naturally, eheh
edit- I mean, it's not like I don't make it obvious already, but I won't explicitly -say- it unless they bring it up first.
Knowing my parents though, such a thing isn't a possibility so that'll never happen.

In other news, It's currently 11:45.
My class for today ends at 11:45. Guess where I am.
The worst part is I didn't even realize it was 11:45 until I literally got a phone call from my dad asking me to take something to him. (I was getting ready for class, too half-asleep to even realize I was an hour off at this point.)

And so it begins.
I didn't get like any sleep at all last night for various reasons so I guess I -kind of- have an excuse for oversleeping, but this can't keep happening.
I can't fail this class. No more absences.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - PrettyNier - 01-25-2012

Quote:Love how they think internet people had a doing in it, Sengir is pretty religious.
yeah, i'll be honest, i wont say that i couldn't have had a role in this. maybe i had a subtle one, who knows; but sengir is like, religious as fuck.

in any case, i'm sorry to hear that. i respect the strength you had in telling them, though.

(01-25-2012, 11:54 AM)Vipershark Wrote: I didn't get like any sleep at all last night for various reasons

Losing sleep is horrible, isn't it?

Sometimes I just cannot sleep at all no matter what and it's unbearable.

(01-25-2012, 12:26 PM)PrettyNier Wrote:
Quote:Love how they think internet people had a doing in it, Sengir is pretty religious.
yeah, i'll be honest, i wont say that i couldn't have had a role in this. maybe i had a subtle one, who knows; but sengir is like, religious as fuck.

in any case, i'm sorry to hear that. i respect the strength you had in telling them, though.

Hey, I just wanted to say sorry that I exploded at you last week. Hope you can forgive me, I just get a little hot headed sometimes, which has probably become noticeable since my stay here.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - PrettyNier - 01-25-2012

oh, in the, uh.. what was it. the thing about supporting artists who are bad people and piracy and all that stuff on tyvon's wall? its fine, it happens. i understand how tempers can flare up. i'm also not always the most couthe, so its bound to happen.

Cool Cool
Well I just found out that my boss scheduled me all weekend even though I called a few days before the schedule was made to let him know I can't work this weekend. Now I can't attend Global Game Jam at my campus where we split into groups to make a game over 48 hours, and awards Sunday. My Game Design 111 teacher made it a requirement to attend and if we can't we have to make a game all by ourselves... So I guess its a good thing I've been making a shoot em up over the week in anticipation for Global Game Jam....
FUCK.

*Sigh*

Sometimes I just feel pig-sick about everything. I feel like I'm approaching the end of my tether.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - [robo9] - 01-25-2012

I won't go on to at you had a role it in Jason. If anything, tSR has made me a more liberal person in general. I've been exposed to a lot more on here then what I would be in Bumblefuck, Arkansas. Although in reference to RÁy's post, it isn't like I have any choice. I'm only seventeen, so even if I try to go off a policeman can just haul my ass back. If I don't tolerate and make a stink, my life would wind up a living hell. I'm just basically up shitcreek.

RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - Zadaben - 01-25-2012

I'm sorry about that robo, your parents seem a lot less understanding/accepting than most about this. the only thing I can say is to try to avoid the subject with them around, and the flames should die down soon.
--I hope things work out.

wait, wait
I'M the one with the problem here?

I'm the one with the problem because I got angry when I asked you multiple times to leave me alone and you proceeded to keep doing the same bullshit?

I'm the one who's wrong here?
Fuck you.