The VG Resource
VG Resource's 30 Days of Gaming! - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+---- Thread: VG Resource's 30 Days of Gaming! (/thread-16934.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: VG Resource's 30 Days of Gaming! - GrooveMan.exe - 04-18-2011

No, there isn't. But use your common sense. A video under a minute is something of a pisstake. And I'd be impressed if you could fill up an hour or more with quality content.

RE: VG Resource's 30 Days of Gaming! - RadSpyro - 04-19-2011

Cool. If anything, I'll end up capturing the content myself - The game is so underrated there aren't even many good vids about :/

RE: VG Resource's 30 Days of Gaming! - Magma MK-II - 04-21-2011

That's good! But if I remember correctly, Youtube has that 10 minutes limit (unless you upload somewhere else).

RE: VG Resource's 30 Days of Gaming! - PatientZero - 04-21-2011

Just working finalising the entries I'm doing, and I realised I'm not sure what the best format would be to send in a written article with images, should I upload or email a .zip with just a raw .txt and images to get put together by whoever gets that fun job, or should I send it in an HTML file or something?
I figure it's best to know which format would be easiest on the backend before I set anything in stone.

RE: VG Resource's 30 Days of Gaming! - GrooveMan.exe - 04-21-2011

You make a good point. If it's multimedia, then a .zip is just fine. If it's text only, a .txt or having it dumped somewhere online is just fine too. A .html file is less useful since we need to reconstruct your article(s) in Wordpress anyway.

RE: VG Resource's 30 Days of Gaming! - Sonic Konga - 04-21-2011

so what do i do?

RE: VG Resource's 30 Days of Gaming! - GrooveMan.exe - 04-22-2011

Considering how close we are to May now, I'd rather new entrants at least read through the OP more carefully.

Sadly, Robo9's circumstances has changed; and as such his slots have now been reopened. Can anyone who's considered but not entered; or anyone who's taken < 3 'days' please consider taking more slots? tSR staff, too!

RE: VG Resource's 30 Days of Gaming! - ReverieRaven - 04-22-2011

Writing is my passion, and I lurve video games as well... So I figured what better way to improve my skills than to work on a couple articles? Smile

So without further ado, here are the days I've decided to pick:

Day 9 - A game event that made you emotional (Suikoden)
Day 27 - Your coolest game experience (ROTKX)
Day 30 - Your favourite game of all time (BGIIUnsureoA)

I signed up here JUST to claim my days... I would've been devastated if someone else took them while I was cranking out my submissions. Cry

~ Matty

RE: VG Resource's 30 Days of Gaming! - Dazz - 04-22-2011

(04-22-2011, 06:44 AM)ReverieRaven Wrote: Day 9 - A game event that made you emotional (Suikoden)
Good call.

Of course, of course! Added.

And what about you, Dazz? Cute

RE: VG Resource's 30 Days of Gaming! - Dazz - 04-22-2011

I plan to try and "pick up the pieces" for people who don't do their articles.

RE: VG Resource's 30 Days of Gaming! - Sonic Konga - 04-22-2011

What do i do here?Im abut to quit.I dnot know what to do.

... okay, okay.

What you do is choose up to three of those categories listed in the OP; then you write a 400-1000 word article on it. If you know how to use a A/V equipment, or you can draw, we'll accept podcast, video, or artwork entries too.

The rules about submissions and deadlines are also in the OP. The key here is to have quality writing skills; so judging from your initial posting impression, you might want to sit this one out.

RE: VG Resource's 30 Days of Gaming! - Sonic Konga - 04-22-2011

(04-22-2011, 12:48 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: ... okay, okay.

What you do is choose up to three of those categories listed in the OP; then you write a 400-1000 word article on it. If you know how to use a A/V equipment, or you can draw, we'll accept podcast, video, or artwork entries too.

The rules about submissions and deadlines are also in the OP. The key here is to have quality writing skills; so judging from your cinitial posting impression, you might want to sit this one out.

ok what is the models resource for?

Tha-

That has nothing to do with anything, what are you even on about?