The VG Resource
Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-85.html)
+----- Forum: The Spriters Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-5.html)
+------ Forum: Ripping Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-33.html)
+------ Thread: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games (/thread-16920.html)

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Magma MK-II - 03-29-2011

(03-28-2011, 05:01 PM)Dazz Wrote: Also, I think I might try and rip a whole game on my own for the snes at some point... But I want it to be a fun one, so it might take a while to find one.

Rip from Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Fighting Edition!

By the way, I started ripping from Waku Waku 7:

[Image: wakuwaku7icon.png]

[Image: wakuwaku7bonuskunicon.png]

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Xinos - 03-29-2011

(03-28-2011, 04:51 PM)Yawackhary Wrote: It is me or does Ryoko look like a female Ryu?

Does doesn't she? Then again, a lot of the characters in Karnov's Revenge have quite some similarity to Street Fighter characters.

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Ton - 03-29-2011

Great job! He looks like Sandbag. Tongue

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Solink - 03-29-2011

(03-27-2011, 10:08 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: I'm sorry this isn't on-topic, but Solink how in the world did you get Photobucket to not resize your sheet when it's so big?
There is an option when you press on the "Upload now" button under "Customize your upload options"(writen in small letters under the facebook and twitter icons). It's called "Best possible quality (while staying 1mb or less)"

New rip
[Image: piccolo_i.png]
The next one will probably be Vegeta :]

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Maxim - 03-29-2011

It took me forever, but finally, it's done!

Eternal Champions - Challenge from the Dark Side (Sega CD)
[Image: th_ET_Raven_Icon.png]

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - A.J. Nitro - 03-29-2011

Wow, that Piccolo has such a small head.

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Random Talking Bush - 03-29-2011

Gah. Just when I thought I was done with Blanka's sheet, I noticed that I only have half of the portraits. They've got variations for the "Continue" screen that I missed. I'll have to go rip those first.

But other than that, it's pretty much finished.

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Goemar - 03-30-2011

Been ripping Darkstalkers (the original arcade one) for some time Now. About half way through my first run through (aka all the basic moves). Then it'll be my second run to get all the special moves and different getting hit sprites (including burnt and transformations etc.) followed by a polish up run (hey it's how I work).

Not sure how long it'll take before any character is 100% complete but just thought I'd let you guys know to expect something in a year or so Wink

Would also like to say Waku Waku 7 is a smegging awesome game. Looking forward to seeing more from that.

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Random Talking Bush - 03-30-2011

Seeing you in action is a joke.

[Image: blanka_icon.png]

Gonna go with my Eternal Fighter Zero rips next, and then a character from Super Gem Fighter: Mini Mix / Pocket Fighter. I'm leaving Tron until later because of all the work I'll have to do to make sure the sprites won't have any problems.

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - ~DrakoRero~ - 03-30-2011

(03-30-2011, 03:11 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Seeing you in action is a joke.

Gonna go with my Eternal Fighter Zero rips next, and then a character from Super Gem Fighter: Mini Mix / Pocket Fighter. I'm leaving Tron until later because of all the work I'll have to do to make sure the sprites won't have any problems.
Now do you realize the power I possess?

That mugshot of Blanka with his eyes poking out is going to haunt me forever...

And it'll be cool if it's Ibuki your going to rip, but any character would make me smile C:

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Random Talking Bush - 03-30-2011

(03-30-2011, 07:13 AM)~Drakocat~ Wrote:
(03-30-2011, 03:11 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Seeing you in action is a joke.

Now do you realize the power I possess?

That mugshot of Blanka with his eyes poking out is going to haunt me forever...

And it'll be cool if it's Ibuki your going to rip, but any character would make me smile C:
I've actually decided on Hsien-Ko, but that doesn't mean that I can't rip Ibuki at a later time. Smile

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Carpaccio - 03-30-2011

Whoever rips Dr. Kiln and Sumo Santa from Clay Fight Sculptors Cut will be my personal hero.

(03-30-2011, 02:38 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: Whoever rips Dr. Kiln and Sumo Santa from Clay Fight Sculptors Cut will be my personal hero.
I'm afraid to check the sprite dumps for that game. If Rakuga Kids was any sort of example, then the Clay Fighter sprites will be in several pieces, and will be annoying to piece together. I'll go check later on tonight, though.

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Maxim - 03-30-2011

Added: Yuki (Strip Fighter II, PC Engine)
[Image: Strip_Fighter_II.png]
[Image: th_Strip_Fighter_II_Yuki_Icon.png]

Ooh, that's a bit of a risqué title to rip from. Embarassed

Anyhoo, whoever wants to rip from Clay Fighter 63 1/3 (or Sculptor's Cut)... good luck. You'll need it.

[Image: ClayfighterSC70C61C8203_all.png]

Each sprite is broken up into multiple chunks, ranging from 1 pixel tall to 20-ish pixels. I'm not even going to bother, honestly.