The VG Resource
Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-85.html)
+----- Forum: The Spriters Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-5.html)
+------ Forum: Ripping Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-33.html)
+------ Thread: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games (/thread-16920.html)

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - DJGameFreakTheIguana - 09-12-2011

(09-11-2011, 11:10 PM)Goemar Wrote: "I can't make a request but will do anyway!"

Meh, I'll look into it. Nearly done with Sasquatch so might do this as a break.
I only meant to throw him out there since he doesn't seem to have a sheet, I wasn't........ Ah forget it, I want his sprites anyway. He's the only guy I'm really good with in that game. Tongue

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - HandToeKnee - 09-12-2011

(09-11-2011, 03:56 PM)Goemar Wrote: RPGs are meant to be easy? Always found them the hardest (as you have to play the whole game and they're normally very long OR have to know them fairly well to get them done with tiles easily).

CPS2 Beat 'em ups are easy to get the sprites of as Kawaks is awesome, I just don't think a lot of people look into too much. The only problem is organising them damn things as there's a crap load of them...

RPGs are made easier to rip with cheat codes (all weapons, all summons that sort of thing). As for Kawaks, It's a shame MvC2 won't work with it (unless there's been an update I don't about)

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Davy Jones - 09-12-2011

ant19831983 Wrote:RPGs are made easier to rip with cheat codes (all weapons, all summons that sort of thing).
The unique poses and animations are still scattered through the whole game. I agree that it's not as hard as ripping a fighter, but it's more time-consuming to find everything.

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Goemar - 09-12-2011

(09-12-2011, 03:50 AM)ant19831983 Wrote:
(09-11-2011, 03:56 PM)Goemar Wrote: RPGs are meant to be easy? Always found them the hardest (as you have to play the whole game and they're normally very long OR have to know them fairly well to get them done with tiles easily).

CPS2 Beat 'em ups are easy to get the sprites of as Kawaks is awesome, I just don't think a lot of people look into too much. The only problem is organising them damn things as there's a crap load of them...

MvC 2 uses CPS3. The Dreamcast version is apparently emulated well, but not looked into doing Dreamcast sprites - ever.

RPGs are made easier to rip with cheat codes (all weapons, all summons that sort of thing). As for Kawaks, It's a shame MvC2 won't work with it (unless there's been an update I don't about)

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - DrKelexo - 09-12-2011

(09-11-2011, 09:11 AM)Goemar Wrote: Yo, I mentioned I was doing Darkstalkers (some time ago mind) so thought I'd drop a progress report off. I'm 50% done on basic moves (so 5/10 characters).

Most excellent.

(09-11-2011, 09:11 AM)Goemar Wrote: (Also I have to say that the Darkstalkers 3 "Apple for you" sheet needs to be edited or scrapped, I mean the apple is a different sprite...)

...and I included a version with and without the apple for each sprite, so whats the problem?

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Magma MK-II - 09-12-2011

(09-12-2011, 03:50 AM)ant19831983 Wrote:

MvC2, CvS2 and such are all Naomi. And Naomi emulation is still not that great.

Now back to JoJo:

[Image: jojoworldmapicon.png]

I'll be doing some CPU-only characters (namely N'Dool, Death 13 and maybe boss Vanilla Ice), but those will take some time.

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - HandToeKnee - 09-14-2011

I took a break from Mortal Kombat and did Ryu from SFA3 (Arcade) Wink

[Image: ryu_icon.png]

Took bloody ages, too Tongue

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Davy Jones - 09-14-2011

The x-ray electrocution, always a classic.

Nice one =)

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Ton - 09-14-2011

Ant keeps finding new ways to impress me.

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Goemar - 09-14-2011

(09-12-2011, 08:52 AM)DrKelexo Wrote:
(09-11-2011, 09:11 AM)Goemar Wrote: Yo, I mentioned I was doing Darkstalkers (some time ago mind) so thought I'd drop a progress report off. I'm 50% done on basic moves (so 5/10 characters).

Most excellent.

(09-11-2011, 09:11 AM)Goemar Wrote: (Also I have to say that the Darkstalkers 3 "Apple for you" sheet needs to be edited or scrapped, I mean the apple is a different sprite...)

...and I included a version with and without the apple for each sprite, so whats the problem?

I Just don't think Jedah (think that's him, never played the third one much) needs the apple falling down next to him with him standing next to it.

Also started doing that Black Guy with a purple jacket, white shoes, orange hat and white sunglasses from Galaxy Fight or whatever it's called. So expect that soon.

Didn't get chance to work on him much today or yesterday but he's what I have of Venom so far. It's WIP, missing his getting hit, grabs, specials - and well quite a bit. Just his basic hits so far.

[Image: venomicon.png]

It's a pretty wide sheet at the moment, so yeah - warning.

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Dazz - 09-15-2011

My MvC2 thing was fucking bad, and didn't align things up right, and put certain bits over other bits. The way the game was animated was weird, and I messed up.

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Goemar - 09-15-2011

Yeah I noticed with Venom his strong kick certain parts are overlapping sprites, but not in the sense they form complete ones on there own, might try and separate them by hand for the sense of completion. The game does animate things pretty weirdly.

Just wanted to know what had happened to it, as didn't want to rip Venom only to have a super-easy way of doing it come down the road a few weeks in the future.

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - HandToeKnee - 09-15-2011

Just finished Johnny Cage (SNES) Big Grin

[Image: johnnycage_icon.png]

I think there's only 3 or 4 characters left to do, I best crack on then Wink

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Ton - 09-15-2011

Wow, Goemar! Great as usual, Ant!

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - HandToeKnee - 09-15-2011

SNES Shang Tsung Big Grin

[Image: shangtsung_icon.png]

I'm glad this one is out of the way. Capturing that green shit when doing his Soul Steal fatality, OH. MY. BLOODY. GOD!!!

Sorry, but could you reupload my RYU sheet please. I've adding some missing sprites. Thanks Cute
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6495/sfa3ryu.png