The VG Resource
Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-85.html)
+----- Forum: The Spriters Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-5.html)
+------ Forum: Ripping Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-33.html)
+------ Thread: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games (/thread-16920.html)

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Magma MK-II - 09-07-2011

(09-06-2011, 02:16 PM)Cyrus Annihilator Wrote: For fun (or disgust):
The ten worst MK klones

All their parts blur into one imagined game designed in MS Paint, programmed in a meth-addled haze, and forged in the depths of hell before being unloaded into arcades across the nation.

I laughed hard!

(09-06-2011, 02:20 PM)Ultimecia Wrote: I wish I could thanks Magma Dragoon's post a hundred times

Once is enough! Smile

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - HandToeKnee - 09-07-2011

Liu Kang's finished Wink

[Image: liukang_icon.png]

Same as the ninja characters where they turn blue when Shang Tsung does his Soul Steal fatality, It's like that in the game so I left it.

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - HandToeKnee - 09-08-2011

Here's Kung Lao Big Grin

[Image: kunglao_icon.png]

He pulls a bunny out of his hat Cute

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Magma MK-II - 09-09-2011

More JoJo:

[Image: jojonukesakuicon.png][Image: jojoselecticon.png]

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Ton - 09-09-2011

I don't know anything about Jojo. Could you let me know which characters are playable please? Thanks a lot man!

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Ultimecia - 09-09-2011

Playable characters: Jotaro, Joseph (normal and young, usually dubbed as JoJo), Polnareff, Kakyoin, Midler, Iggy, Advol (Abdul), D’Bo (Devo), Alessy, Chaka, Petshop, Mariah, Black Polnareff, Vanilla Ice, Hol Horse, Dio (normal and Shadow)

Nukesaku is a non-playable character, one of Dio's minions (and also Dio's form when attacked by Alessy's special, think of it as one "in-game" Babality). Daniel D'arby is also a non-playable. The stuff in Magma Dragoon's thread fall into non-playables, mini-games and miscellaneous categories.

Oh, by the way, this Select Screen is for the Arcade version only. The PS1 version is different and I can't recall the DC version

And yeah, I'm a JoJo fan for many years so if you still wondering of something I can help you out

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Magma MK-II - 09-09-2011

DC version is a compilation of the two arcade versions, so it is a direct port.

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Garamonde - 09-09-2011

(09-08-2011, 12:20 PM)ant19831983 Wrote: Here's Kung Lao Big Grin

[Image: snesmk2kunglaoicon.png]

Wow, do all the MKII characters have inflation sprites? They could be in a Bomberman game!

Rather violent sprites though (but still amazing rips). Tongue

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Deathbringer - 09-09-2011

The inflation sprites are for Kitana's (at least her, don't remember if anyone else inflicted it) fatality. Basically she kisses the victim and they blow up. Or was that in Trilogy?

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - HandToeKnee - 09-09-2011

(09-09-2011, 04:36 PM)Deathbringer Wrote: The inflation sprites are for Kitana's (at least her, don't remember if anyone else inflicted it) fatality. Basically she kisses the victim and they blow up. Or was that in Trilogy?

Spot on. Kitana's Kiss of Death Fatality. I think there are inflation sprites in MK 3 & Trilogy but until I rip them I'm not 100% sure

EDIT

Actually, come to think of it, MK 3 & Trilogy had inflatable heads that would EXPLODE!!!
(09-09-2011, 02:27 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote:
(09-08-2011, 12:20 PM)ant19831983 Wrote: Here's Kung Lao Big Grin

[Image: snesmk2kunglaoicon.png]

Wow, do all the MKII characters have inflation sprites? They could be in a Bomberman game!

Rather violent sprites though (but still amazing rips). Tongue

You have to bare in mind that the the original SNES MK was censored to hell, they made up for it though with the SNES version of MK2, proper fatalities Big Grin But like I said, Kung Lao pulls a bunny out of his razor sharp edge hat, what more do you want Wink

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Ultimecia - 09-09-2011

MK1 actually helped to sell the Genesis. In the SNES version the blood was replaced with sweat, no fatalities and such. Then they decided to release MK2 with full-blood on the SNes

Kung Lao uses the razor sharp edge to skin the bunnies when no-one is looking Very Sad

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - HandToeKnee - 09-09-2011

That's why I found it easy to rip every MK1 character. No blood. No body parts flying all over the place.

Any way, you can press a button during Kung Lao's friendship to skin the rabbit...

No, I know you can't, But...

I wish you could. I hate that bloody rabit Angry

Love your new Avatar, by the way Wink

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Garamonde - 09-09-2011

(09-09-2011, 06:08 PM)ant19831983 Wrote: I wish you could. I hate that bloody rabit Angry

Angry

But really, I've been rather distracted. I'll see what I can do here...

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Ultimecia - 09-10-2011

Thx ant19831983! I laughed HARD when I saw your avatar for the first time, really

Heh? Ton, you didn't upload the other JoJo stuff from Magma Dragoon's regular thread.

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Belial - 09-10-2011

[Image: seenaicon.png]
[Image: scaled.php?server=217&filename=spenozaicon.png&res=gal]

This is all for Battle Tycoon. Maybe I'll do stages or something later.