The VG Resource
Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-85.html)
+----- Forum: The Spriters Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-5.html)
+------ Forum: Ripping Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-33.html)
+------ Thread: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games (/thread-16920.html)

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - HandToeKnee - 09-05-2011

(09-05-2011, 07:03 AM)Davy Jones Wrote: Awesome stuff =D

And I agree, MK2 was the best. Maybe MK9 is currently better, but I haven't played it yet.

Neither have I. But MK9 as had some good reviews, so maybe I'll try it one day.

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Ton - 09-05-2011

Awesome! Great stuff! Big Grin

Damn, They was uploaded fast Surprise Tongue Big Grin Wink

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Ultimecia - 09-05-2011

MK9 is awesome, one of the best along with MK2 IMO. It was the MK I was longing for all those years. I'm really glad I went all the trouble to find it (summary: 2 countries, 8 stores and I only found one single copy at the airport just right coming back home). Highly recommended.

Meh, I should try ripping something too, maybe when my computer comes back

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Cyrus Annihilator - 09-05-2011

(09-05-2011, 03:06 AM)ant19831983 Wrote: ...I plan on ripping all the characters like I did for MK1, so watch this space Wink

It's SO good to hear(read) this!

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - DrKelexo - 09-05-2011

Game: Battle Monsters
System: Other (Sega Saturn)

[Image: battlemonsters_icon.png]

Playable Characters:
[Image: battlemonsters_shion_icon.png]

Misc:
[Image: battlemonsters_cards_icon.png][Image: battlemonsters_sparks_icon.png]

(09-05-2011, 01:23 PM)Ultimecia Wrote: MK9 is awesome, one of the best along with MK2 IMO. It was the MK I was longing for all those years. I'm really glad I went all the trouble to find it (summary: 2 countries, 8 stores and I only found one single copy at the airport just right coming back home). Highly recommended.

Meh, I should try ripping something too, maybe when my computer comes back

If you traveled 2 countries and went through 8 stores just to find one game, then it wants to be the best game ever made... Ever!

But back to seriousness, It's the only MK I haven't played... Yet Tongue
(09-05-2011, 03:47 PM)DrKelexo Wrote: Game: Battle Monsters
System: Other (Sega Saturn)

[Image: battlemonsters_icon.png]

Playable Characters:
[Image: battlemonsters_shion_icon.png]

Misc:
[Image: battlemonsters_cards_icon.png][Image: battlemonsters_sparks_icon.png]

Dude, that's awesome Big Grin I didn't think there were any other beat em up out there with MK style sprites ( at least none that I can think of )

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Ultimecia - 09-05-2011

Nah, it just happens around the release date I was traveling and I really didn't want the subtitles and menus in my mother language (they usually do a pretty bad job at this).
There are a couple fighting games with real actors, like Street Fighter the Movie, Tattoo Assassins and Pit Fighter. But Mortal Kombat series are the only worth it.

Hey, are you DrKelexo, the same who released a couple Battle Monsters characters for mugen? Welcome to the tSR
Are you going to submit the other characters too?

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - DrKelexo - 09-06-2011

(09-05-2011, 07:54 PM)Ultimecia Wrote: Hey, are you DrKelexo, the same who released a couple Battle Monsters characters for mugen? Are you going to submit the other characters too?

Dats me. Made Albiole a while ago, and just released Shion a few days ago. The ripping process got a lot easier when the emulator stopped crashing on me, so I was planning to rip everyone.

I get easily distracted, though, and ironically enough the Captain.Cat.Kit sheet posted 1 or 2 pages back immediately caught my attention, and I may be working on that for a while. Although, sound ripping has been a different story...

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - HandToeKnee - 09-06-2011

I totally forgot about that piece of crap Street Fighter Movie game Shocked anyways, I'm just finishing of some more MK2 characters. Should be uploading them later today Wink

EDIT
Just finished some Tongue

[Image: smoke_icon.png] [Image: noobsaibot_icon.png]

Right, first up is that Smoke's forward animation is the same as Reptile's and his backward animation is the same as Sub-Zero's. Second, because Smoke has Scorpion's special moves I gave him Scorpion's Fatalities as well. Has for Noob Saibot, he's got Scorpion's special moves. Everything thing else on Noob's sheet is completely optional. Hope you like Wink

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Magma MK-II - 09-06-2011

This is from the Arcade version:

[Image: jojoicon.png]

[Image: jojodarbyicon.png]

I'll post the arcade stuff there, and the PSX stuff on my thread. I just hope this time they get uploaded into the right section...

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Cyrus Annihilator - 09-06-2011

For fun (or disgust):
The ten worst MK klones

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Ultimecia - 09-06-2011

I wish I could thanks Magma Dragoon's post a hundred times

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Ton - 09-06-2011

I love you guys!

RE: Sprite Ripping Project 4: 2-D Fighting Games - Belial - 09-06-2011

[Image: gustonicon.png]
[Image: harmanicon.png]
[Image: tiriaicon.png]

Only two left, not counting the final boss.

After this I'm finishing Eternal Champions.