The VG Resource
Super Smash bros Brawl MISC. Items - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+----- Thread: Super Smash bros Brawl MISC. Items (/thread-1676.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Super Smash bros Brawl MISC. Items - Monty Oum - 08-04-2008

Well...I was trolling through The Smash Bros Brawl Sprites and the item panel was empty So I decided to make some custom smash bros items sprites from brawl, I hope they get placed in the Smash Bros Project section when I am done, I am gonna do as many items as I can.

Heres what I did so far, I should of gotten my pallet ready because it took me an hour for this tiny pathetic piece so far.

RE: Super Smash bros Brawl MISC. Items - kirbyace - 08-05-2008

ummm...i'm already making every item from the super smash bros project o.o

RE: Super Smash bros Brawl MISC. Items - Pik - 08-05-2008

Well, more than one guy can do it you know.

yaya i know XD(...or do i? DUN DUN DUN!!!..lol jk)
its just he said he didn't see anything and i'm like "did he see my thread of ssb items?"
and blah blah blah...

RE: Super Smash bros Brawl MISC. Items - Monty Oum - 08-05-2008

(08-05-2008, 02:15 AM)kirbyace Wrote: yaya i know XD(...or do i? DUN DUN DUN!!!..lol jk)
its just he said he didn't see anything and i'm like "did he see my thread of ssb items?"
and blah blah blah...

nope I don't browse anything on this forum,
http://i35.tinypic.com/1zlri8n.png

update
[Image: 1zlri8n.png]

opps too lazy to edit the first one :b

RE: Super Smash bros Brawl MISC. Items - Zee - 08-05-2008

Proportions are ALL out of whack, too darkly colored, the shaping is too straight for ALL of those items, and well, that 'banana' reads as starfish sans a leg. It's also completely out of style for the project, if that's your intent.

RE: Super Smash bros Brawl MISC. Items - Tero - 08-05-2008

That looks pretty similar to a Paper Mario Bob-omb

(08-05-2008, 11:49 AM)Tero Wrote: That looks pretty similar to a Paper Mario Bob-omb

same color pallet
(08-05-2008, 11:44 AM)Zee Wrote: Proportions are ALL out of whack, too darkly colored, the shaping is too straight for ALL of those items, and well, that 'banana' reads as starfish sans a leg. It's also completely out of style for the project, if that's your intent.

well I slightly fixed the banana, but ass for the bomb-omb I'm keeping it that way. also, I'm sorry but thats just the way I sprite, if I take breaks I lose all thoughts and go into a different style, yeah its pretty weird but no one is perfect.
UPDATE
[Image: fmlwg4.png]

slightly fixed the bumper, and banana peel...I might do a fully animated smash ball not sure

I got all my refs from -> HERE

fix the banana peel alittle in that smash bros picture of it,the top is sticking up..yours looks like its laying down or being thrown...

(08-05-2008, 01:41 PM)kirbyace Wrote: fix the banana peel alittle in that smash bros picture of it,the top is sticking up..yours looks like its laying down or being thrown...

because thats how the ref was and I wanted it to bee exact or at least similar to the ref pic

RE: Super Smash bros Brawl MISC. Items - Zee - 08-05-2008

So quite frankly, you ignore the fact you have glaring problems?

The fact a Maximum Tomato has ample space for it's M, but yours doesn't.
Your pitfall, pokeball and Bumper are in fact not round. At all.
Your baseball bat lacks an endcap at the base, is jagged and poorly proportioned.
Your banana's top is too thin.
Your cracker launcher is... frankly a terrible mess.
Your hammer is a poorly shaded axe.
Your use of colors are wasteful, ugly and far too darkly toned. Smash bros is a lively game, these are drap sprites.

Frankly, and I'm biting my tongue here, were I making a smash bros game, I'd laugh at your customs and pass them up without so much as a moment of hesitation or regret.

RE: Super Smash bros Brawl MISC. Items - Pik - 08-06-2008

May I edit these a bit?

RE: Super Smash bros Brawl MISC. Items - Rakia - 08-06-2008

The only good parts about this really are the bombs, and, well, you didn't really make those.

RE: Super Smash bros Brawl MISC. Items - Monty Oum - 08-06-2008

(08-05-2008, 05:24 PM)Zee Wrote: So quite frankly, you ignore the fact you have glaring problems?

The fact a Maximum Tomato has ample space for it's M, but yours doesn't.
Your pitfall, pokeball and Bumper are in fact not round. At all.
Your baseball bat lacks an endcap at the base, is jagged and poorly proportioned.
Your banana's top is too thin.
Your cracker launcher is... frankly a terrible mess.
Your hammer is a poorly shaded axe.
Your use of colors are wasteful, ugly and far too darkly toned. Smash bros is a lively game, these are drap sprites.

Frankly, and I'm biting my tongue here, were I making a smash bros game, I'd laugh at your customs and pass them up without so much as a moment of hesitation or regret.

ok interesting, but for the record couldn't give a rats ass on what you say
At least I am doing something instead of sitting around a bloody forums insulting things.
(08-06-2008, 11:16 AM)Rakia Wrote: The only good parts about this really are the bombs, and, well, you didn't really make those.

what the...I made every single thing on that sheet Defeated
(08-06-2008, 10:42 AM)pikspiksmaroator Wrote: May I edit these a bit?

sure

RE: Super Smash bros Brawl MISC. Items - Owlthief - 08-06-2008

just so you know, Zees a mod. |=o im gonna sit back and watch the fireworks.