The VG Resource
TerrorMario! - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Games Development (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-22.html)
+----- Thread: TerrorMario! (/thread-15674.html)

Pages: 1 2

TerrorMario! - WiWa - 10-26-2010

ARE YOU READY?
Yes People, i finally got a demo ready for you all to play
[Image: Gamelogo.gif]

[Image: screen9.png]

[Image: 30jr1o7.png]

*************************************************************************************************************
[Image: Screen1.png] [Image: Screen2.png] [Image: Screen3.png]
[Image: Screen4.png] [Image: Screen5.png] [Image: Screen6.png]

*************************************************************************************************************
TerrorMario! is a WarioWare like fangame with it's own style.

-14 minigames, all with easy controls and custom graphics
-classic minigames and total new ones
-Custom random minigame feature
-One bonus minigame (Secret Cool )
-And for now, one gameplay mode (Demo)

The demo is available!
http://www.2shared.com/file/mC5da-WF/TerrorMario.html
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/24814327/TerrorMario_.zip
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U8AP7KG0
http://www.sendspace.com/file/b8pjk9

RE: TerrorMario! - GrooveMan.exe - 10-26-2010

That's great; but you have the wrong board - we have a Game Development section.

Moved.

RE: TerrorMario! - Proton - 10-26-2010

(10-26-2010, 04:34 AM)WiWa Wrote: [Image: Screen5.png]

(10-26-2010, 04:34 AM)WiWa Wrote: -14 minigames, all with easy controls and custom graphics

With such custom graphics from M&LUnsureS and Wario Land 4.

RE: TerrorMario! - WiWa - 10-26-2010

(10-26-2010, 05:57 AM)Misterssauga Wrote:

(10-26-2010, 04:34 AM)WiWa Wrote: -14 minigames, all with easy controls and custom graphics

That's one of the classics from the first Terrormario, it's also in this one but i mean that there are 14 new games that do have customs Wink

sorry for that...

RE: TerrorMario! - DioShiba - 10-30-2010

I'm gonna go ahead and say this doesn't really look like anything good is in this.

at all.

RE: TerrorMario! - WiWa - 11-01-2010

(10-30-2010, 07:37 PM)Noise Breaker Wrote: I'm gonna go ahead and say this doesn't really look like anything good is in this.

at all.

Have you played it already then?

Nice pointless comment.....

RE: TerrorMario! - Proton - 11-01-2010

(11-01-2010, 11:26 AM)WiWa Wrote:
(10-30-2010, 07:37 PM)Noise Breaker Wrote: I'm gonna go ahead and say this doesn't really look like anything good is in this.

at all.

Having no actual proof of him being wrong and still calling him wrong is pointless as well.

Instead of asking why it doesn't look good, you called his post pointless.
What? Can't defend your own game?

Quote:-14 minigames, all with easy controls and custom graphics
-classic minigames and total new ones
-Custom random minigame feature
-One bonus minigame (Secret )
-And for now, one gameplay mode (Demo)

None of this is interesting.

14 minigames.
Most minigame games have more than 30 on a normal basis.
Why so little?

First of all, you say Classic minigames.
Classic?
What's classic?
Since this game is a sequel, why aren't you posting info about it as well?
This game isn't TerrorMario 2.
It's just TerrorMario.
That doesn't sound like a sequel at all, especially if it's one of a game that isn't well-known.

Random game selection.
That's nothing. That's not a selling point.
That should just be there or not.
Why would you get a game for that reason?

1 bonus minigame.
1?
Just 1?

And yeah, if one game mode is all the demo is, whatever. That's plausible.

You don't describe some of the games you show, leading me to wonder why you posted something I can't take from.

I'm not a huge fan of most of the messy sprites you've posted in the screens either.

You haven't showed this game to be that interesting.
Noise posted a plausible point, even if it wasn't descriptive.

Post more info and actual reasons for why this is worth anyone's time.

RE: TerrorMario! - HAHAHA - 11-02-2010

(10-26-2010, 05:57 AM)Misterssauga Wrote:

AAAAAANNNND,to top all of that,a completely custom Chain Chomp bought from Yoshi's Island.How nice.The irony.

RE: TerrorMario! - DioShiba - 11-02-2010

(11-01-2010, 11:26 AM)WiWa Wrote:

at all.

wow nice come back
same with the "pointless" rep you gave me claiming that I should think before I post.

If you at least asked me why I thought it looked bad I would have been more then happy to explain why. Since I feel somewhat generous today, I'll go ahead and say this looks like the average fan game I see on MFGG. That's not a good thing. If you want it to be somewhat good the least you could do is not mix graphics at all.

that and all the games sound awfully similar to other mario fan games I've seen.
Actually while I am here I might as well ask you this; Do you even know your own game?

Just reading this thread makes me believe you don't know what you are posting yourself. I mean, that post you mentioned earlier about this being some sort of sequel is kind of ironic, since I have never heard of such a game called "terror mario" before.

RE: TerrorMario! - TomGuycott - 11-02-2010

My god, I just trudged through 20 points of this game, and let me tell you, it is everything I ever expected, and more!

General Overview:
-Games are annoying, overly simplistic, tedious or just no fun
-Jump is ALWAYS the Up key.
-Losing even after you got the "YOU WON" green circle. That's unacceptable.
-Sprite mixing, which wouldn't be AS bad if the sprites weren't mixed in the same minigame.
-Advertises CUSTOM GRAPHICS when all the custom graphics either aren't good or are from questionable origin.
-I actually lost a life even though I clearly won. It even went "OKAY!" when I won, but my first heart was gone and it was the first level.
-Games give instructions on what controls to use, but not what they do or what the goal of a level is.
-Random level generator seems off. I get the same three levels as the first ones, and others are much rarer and only happen later.
-Graphics that look like they were hastily put together in MS Paint are distracting and ugly
-Why is Mario a Terror?

Game-by-game Overview:

1. Shyguys in Teacups:
-You can literally kill the enemy before he even starts to move. No challenge whatsoever.

2. Sammer Guys:
-Repetitive and annoying, almost impossible to lose.

3. Popple game:
-I liked the simple style, why don't you just make a game of Popple running from the cops and getting to treasure? Oh wait, is that Saturos' theme in the background?

4. Giant hopping with retro graphics:
-I actually had fun with this, but the point of the level was never made clear and made no sense. Also it was probably the most fun because it had the least custom stuff involved. Also buggy

5. Don't Move:
-Had the best looking Mario sprite, but he doesn't do a thing. Classy.

6. Shell Kick:
-After doing this once, what's the point? Why not try and nail 3+ enemies in 2 or 3 shells?

7. Free Falling:
-I HAAAATE this one. I haven't beaten it yet. Granted, there's always going to be a game you're going to be the worst at, but the hit detection is so freaking bad. I "hit" a block and my body was literally floating in mid air not even touching the platform. Granted, I'm sure my FALLING animation touched it, but if my death animation isn't even going to be near it, then make the hitbox smaller or make the death animation wider to compensate.

8. DANGER Get your hat:
-What's the point of this one? The animation is terrible, Mario is running to get a green hat, and there is one tiny enemy you have to jump over, but you don't know if you are going to because your animation is so wonky and wide. I've never hit it because of that, though, only because I forgot that Jump was the Up key.

9. Ice World, Kill the Reds:
-Pointless, almost exactly the same. Reds are always in the same place.

10. Wario and Waluigi coin thing:
-Ugly graphics, you can collect coins with their heads and don't even have to get the basket near them

11. Super Wario:
-Mash the spacebar repeatedly like 100 times and you win. My spacebar hates me now.

12. Mario robs a vending machine with his fists and likes it:
-See Super Wario

13. Sprite-mixing Car Game:
-Annoying at first because of the Up key and jump thing, and once you have it down you'll never lose. No point.

I never unlocked your "Bonus game" and frankly I think I'd just be disappointed.

RE: TerrorMario! - DioShiba - 11-02-2010

(11-02-2010, 03:28 PM)KingTomNidocott Wrote: My god, I just trudged through 20 points of this game, and let me tell you, it is everything I ever expected, and more!

General Overview:
-Games are annoying, overly simplistic, tedious or just no fun
-Jump is ALWAYS the Up key.
-Losing even after you got the "YOU WON" green circle. That's unacceptable.
-Sprite mixing, which wouldn't be AS bad if the sprites weren't mixed in the same minigame.
-Advertises CUSTOM GRAPHICS when all the custom graphics either aren't good or are from questionable origin.
-I actually lost a life even though I clearly won. It even went "OKAY!" when I won, but my first heart was gone and it was the first level.
-Games give instructions on what controls to use, but not what they do or what the goal of a level is.
-Random level generator seems off. I get the same three levels as the first ones, and others are much rarer and only happen later.
-Graphics that look like they were hastily put together in MS Paint are distracting and ugly
-Why is Mario a Terror?

Game-by-game Overview:

1. Shyguys in Teacups:
-You can literally kill the enemy before he even starts to move. No challenge whatsoever.

2. Sammer Guys:
-Repetitive and annoying, almost impossible to lose.

3. Popple game:
-I liked the simple style, why don't you just make a game of Popple running from the cops and getting to treasure? Oh wait, is that Saturos' theme in the background?

4. Giant hopping with retro graphics:
-I actually had fun with this, but the point of the level was never made clear and made no sense. Also it was probably the most fun because it had the least custom stuff involved. Also buggy

5. Don't Move:
-Had the best looking Mario sprite, but he doesn't do a thing. Classy.

6. Shell Kick:
-After doing this once, what's the point? Why not try and nail 3+ enemies in 2 or 3 shells?

7. Free Falling:
-I HAAAATE this one. I haven't beaten it yet. Granted, there's always going to be a game you're going to be the worst at, but the hit detection is so freaking bad. I "hit" a block and my body was literally floating in mid air not even touching the platform. Granted, I'm sure my FALLING animation touched it, but if my death animation isn't even going to be near it, then make the hitbox smaller or make the death animation wider to compensate.

8. DANGER Get your hat:
-What's the point of this one? The animation is terrible, Mario is running to get a green hat, and there is one tiny enemy you have to jump over, but you don't know if you are going to because your animation is so wonky and wide. I've never hit it because of that, though, only because I forgot that Jump was the Up key.

9. Ice World, Kill the Reds:
-Pointless, almost exactly the same. Reds are always in the same place.

10. Wario and Waluigi coin thing:
-Ugly graphics, you can collect coins with their heads and don't even have to get the basket near them

11. Super Wario:
-Mash the spacebar repeatedly like 100 times and you win. My spacebar hates me now.

12. Mario robs a vending machine with his fists and likes it:
-See Super Wario

13. Sprite-mixing Car Game:
-Annoying at first because of the Up key and jump thing, and once you have it down you'll never lose. No point.

I never unlocked your "Bonus game" and frankly I think I'd just be disappointed.

this wants to make me fix my earlier post so I can emphasize this if he didn't bother to read it.

Quote:I'm gonna go ahead and say there is nothing good is in this. At all.

RE: TerrorMario! - triptych - 11-02-2010

noisebreaker shut the fuck up

even if you're right you're being an enormous cock about it

RE: TerrorMario! - Maxpphire - 11-02-2010

You game also doesn't work on my computer or my mom's computer meaning it isn't good anyway.

RE: TerrorMario! - TomGuycott - 11-02-2010

For some reason I was trying to give it another go to see what the 14th game could be. Know what happened? When I beat the Ice stage I bounced off his head, fell offscreen and then the game restarted. :/

To be fair though, it is a demo. This needs a lot of polish and explanation, though, might be better to start from scratch, maybe transfer over some better concepts and ditch others.

RE: TerrorMario! - Asther - 11-02-2010

How do i play it in windowed mode

everything is too big in fullscreen seriously