The VG Resource
Pokemon Pink - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+------ Forum: Sprite Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-15.html)
+------ Thread: Pokemon Pink (/thread-148.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Pokemon Pink - X Gamer 66 - 04-05-2010

Triple posting for Mr. Mime.

Also, if anyone's curious, there's less than 50 Pokemon left to finish. I think this project could possibly get finished before 2011 if we get more support.

RE: Pokemon Pink - Alpha Six - 04-05-2010

I just noticed that Articuno and Moltres are really unreadable.

RE: Pokemon Pink - Rosencrantz - 04-05-2010

I'm agreeing with Tyvon on that one :L

Moltres looks messy and Articuno is

well, I can't tell what the hell Articuno is doing

and it's great you're not letting this project die, X-Gamer~
I *might* get around to working on Arcanine (but no guarantees here !!)

if no one else does it, then I'll just drop it by the topic when I get it done
(but anyone else can do it, because I'm lazy as hell !!!!!)

RE: Pokemon Pink - Hoeloe - 04-06-2010

I might see what I can do about fixing my Moltres. If I'm correct, the problem with it is too much anti-aliasing, and the beak has an odd bulge in it.

EDIT: Try this.

RE: Pokemon Pink - Zac - 04-06-2010

[Image: venasprite.png] here is a venuasaur sprite
sorry for the unoriginal pose, he is very hard to pose

I made a Pidgey!

[Image: pkmnpinkpidgey.png]

Left is Yellow, 2nd left is finished Pidgey, 2nd right is a shape draft, right is tail-less.

RE: Pokemon Pink - X Gamer 66 - 04-06-2010

(04-06-2010, 02:50 AM)Hoeloe Wrote: I might see what I can do about fixing my Moltres. If I'm correct, the problem with it is too much anti-aliasing, and the beak has an odd bulge in it.

I think the problem may relate to it being overshaded. Check out the Yellow Moltres, It has almost no shading on the body, to keep the orange color prominent. Something about the shape of the wings looks odd too, they're too round or something. Head and beak are too small I think. And I believe the main readability issue lies in the fact that the wing fire and tail fire blend together, but there's no real way to fix that with that pose (which is a shame, cause the pose is sweet). It may just be easier to start from scratch.

(04-06-2010, 04:07 AM)Zac Wrote: [Image: venasprite.png] here is a venuasaur sprite
sorry for the unoriginal pose, he is very hard to pose
Looks awesome, but it's out of style. Cut the dithering, focus on using only the dark green to shade, and only use the white to highlight very subtly. Yellow's more of a flat style. Lines are perfect though.

(04-06-2010, 07:42 AM)Hoeloe Wrote: I made a Pidgey!

Left is Yellow, 2nd left is finished Pidgey, 2nd right is a shape draft, right is tail-less.
Everything looks good, except thing wings. I think the feathers should be more defined, and perhaps the wings overall bigger.
[Image: pidgey.jpg]
Check this out for what I mean. On this note, the "eyebrows" could be a bit thicker. Really good start though.

(04-06-2010, 02:14 PM)X Gamer 66 Wrote:
(04-06-2010, 02:50 AM)Hoeloe Wrote: I might see what I can do about fixing my Moltres. If I'm correct, the problem with it is too much anti-aliasing, and the beak has an odd bulge in it.

I think the problem may relate to it being overshaded. Check out the Yellow Moltres, It has almost no shading on the body, to keep the orange color prominent. Something about the shape of the wings looks odd too, they're too round or something. Head and beak are too small I think. And I believe the main readability issue lies in the fact that the wing fire and tail fire blend together, but there's no real way to fix that with that pose (which is a shame, cause the pose is sweet). It may just be easier to start from scratch.

I may do just that.

(04-06-2010, 02:14 PM)X Gamer 66 Wrote:
(04-06-2010, 07:42 AM)Hoeloe Wrote: I made a Pidgey!

Everything looks good, except thing wings. I think the feathers should be more defined, and perhaps the wings overall bigger.
[Image: pidgey.jpg]
Check this out for what I mean. On this note, the "eyebrows" could be a bit thicker. Really good start though.

Hows that? Any better?

RE: Pokemon Pink - X Gamer 66 - 04-06-2010

Yes! Definitely going in the right direction. Make the shading simpler on the wings/body/brow, and define the feathers even more. Maybe thin out the brown on the wings. Actually, your Pidgeotto would be a perfect reference for what I mean.

Also, I tried to do Machoke.

RE: Pokemon Pink - Hoeloe - 04-07-2010

(04-06-2010, 08:11 PM)X Gamer 66 Wrote: Yes! Definitely going in the right direction. Make the shading simpler on the wings/body/brow, and define the feathers even more. Maybe thin out the brown on the wings. Actually, your Pidgeotto would be a perfect reference for what I mean.

?

EDIT: Forgot the change the wing thickness, but I wanted to let you know I made them thick on purpose, to try and give it a more "chibi" style, as opposed to the look of a sleek bird. If you still think I need to change it, I'll go ahead and do so, just throwing that out there.

On another note, I started Moltres from scratch again. Slightly different pose this time, and hopefully more readable.

[Image: pkmnpinkmoltresnew.png]

Left and right at the bottom are slightly different. Personally, I prefer the one on the right, but you can choose which you prefer.

Yes, there's one without fire. I always keep copies at certain stages of spriting, in case something goes horribly wrong.

EDIT 2: Since I noted that the reservation system has gone, I thought I might as well hurry along with this: (Note, the side poses are slightly lower due to her hat)

[Image: pkmnpinkpink.png]

I also drew a back sprite, and here's a coloured version, just in case.

[Image: pinkbackcoloured.png]

RE: Pokemon Pink - X Gamer 66 - 04-11-2010

Pidgey looks nice now.

And holy shit I love the Moltres man! I think the neck needs more definition, and the wings (actual wings, not the fire) could be a bit bigger and "sketchy", as in, not rounded. Also I'd try outlining the fire on the head with black to distinguish it more from the wing fire. Work off the bottom right one. Looking really sweet aside from those small details.

Pink looks like she's slouched. Also the arm is waaay off to be honest. Too thick and awkwardly bent. Overworld looks good, except for the hat on the side poses, I can't place what I don't like about it.

And a heads up: I'll be really busy this week, so unfortunately I may not have time for the project. Very Sad

RE: Pokemon Pink - KageX - 04-11-2010

So I've creepily followed this project for a very long time and i just recently realized that you had a design for Pink.
So y'know i went through the pages read up on what i missed and realized that no one did any overworlds for her. Then i came to the last page and saw them.
They're pretty good, but honestly they could be much better.
So I threw together some overworlds for Pink using a female overworld sprite base from G/S/C.
[Image: pink.png]
If these are ok I'd love to submit them, ill just have to finish the bike sprite.

RE: Pokemon Pink - Hoeloe - 04-11-2010

[Image: pkmnpinkmoltresnew.png]

Modified Moltres. Not sure if it's quite what you're looking for, but there.

I like KageX's overworlds more than mine. I'll take a look at her back sprite now.

EDIT: Edited her hat and moved her head back, hopefully fixing the slouching issue. Not so sure about the hand. I tried redrawing it a few times, but it always looked wrong, so I decided to try editing the previous one. I made it thinner, and added a shadow for the elbow joint. I also changed the shape of the sleeve to hopefully make it look less awkward. Not sure if I succeeded or not.

[Image: pkmnpinkbacknew.png]

RE: Pokemon Pink - X Gamer 66 - 04-12-2010

Hmm, something about the wings I just can't describe. Mind if I try an edit?

Nice overworlds Kagex. The rim of the hat on the side poses stands out too much I think, but they looks sweet otherwise.

Pink's back sprite is still weird, especially on the arm. I think the whole am being parallel to the body like that just looks unnatural.

RE: Pokemon Pink - Hoeloe - 04-13-2010

Sure, go ahead with an edit.

I'm really not sure what to do about the arm, everything I try just makes it look worse :/

I'll try some more tweaking and see what happens.

EDIT: Redrew her arm using FR/LG sprites as a reference. Size limit is tough, but it looks better, not sure if it's good enough yet, though, some things look a little odd around the sleeve and the thumb.

[Image: pkmnpinkbacknew.png]