The VG Resource
Texture Ripping Programs - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-85.html)
+----- Forum: The Textures Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-52.html)
+------ Forum: Textures Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-61.html)
+------ Thread: Texture Ripping Programs (/thread-13653.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Texture Ripping Programs - soul117eater - 04-12-2012

Ok, so different games will have different file formats regarding sound files and sometimes textures. I guess that is about it. anyways, thanks thegameexplorer!

RE: Texture Ripping Programs - TGE - 04-13-2012

But still, WHY ISNT UMODEL HERE?!

RE: Texture Ripping Programs - soul117eater - 04-13-2012

Any suggestions on how to open up .pac files? I can't seem to find a good method while limited to macbook Sad

RE: Texture Ripping Programs - TGE - 04-13-2012

This may help
(04-13-2012, 11:31 AM)soul117eater Wrote: Any suggestions on how to open up .pac files? I can't seem to find a good method while limited to macbook Sad

RE: Texture Ripping Programs - soul117eater - 04-14-2012

(04-13-2012, 04:58 PM)thegameexplorer Wrote: This may help
(04-13-2012, 11:31 AM)soul117eater Wrote: Any suggestions on how to open up .pac files? I can't seem to find a good method while limited to macbook Sad

Okay so is it brawlbox or Css organizer? I'm clueless as to which one it is.

RE: Texture Ripping Programs - TGE - 04-15-2012

Brawlbox sorry Smile
(04-14-2012, 04:47 PM)soul117eater Wrote:

RE: Texture Ripping Programs - soul117eater - 04-15-2012

(04-15-2012, 04:17 AM)thegameexplorer Wrote: Brawlbox sorry Smile
(04-14-2012, 04:47 PM)soul117eater Wrote:

Thanks man, and its fine

RE: Texture Ripping Programs - soul117eater - 04-18-2012

Hey jetters, If I want to make a request do I make one on the forums or the requests section only? I mean I've seen a few people request stuff on forums that are not in the requests section, but I just don't want to go out on a limb for the second time unless I am sure.

RE: Texture Ripping Programs - TGE - 04-19-2012

Actually you should request in the request forum. But, if someone is ripping from a game and you would like to see a particular thing of the game then you are allowed to ask to submitter if he would like to submit it.
(04-18-2012, 07:21 PM)soul117eater Wrote: Hey jetters, If I want to make a request do I make one on the forums or the requests section only? I mean I've seen a few people request stuff on forums that are not in the requests section, but I just don't want to go out on a limb for the second time unless I am sure.

RE: Texture Ripping Programs - soul117eater - 04-19-2012

(04-19-2012, 06:47 AM)thegameexplorer Wrote: Actually you should request in the request forum. But, if someone is ripping from a game and you would like to see a particular thing of the game then you are allowed to ask to submitter if he would like to submit it.
(04-18-2012, 07:21 PM)soul117eater Wrote: Hey jetters, If I want to make a request do I make one on the forums or the requests section only? I mean I've seen a few people request stuff on forums that are not in the requests section, but I just don't want to go out on a limb for the second time unless I am sure.

Thanks man, I appreciate your assistance. Big Grin

RE: Texture Ripping Programs - Garamonde - 04-19-2012

Wait now though, you want to keep in mind; if you see a thread that is a month or more old, do not post in it (that's necroposting), but instead PM the person you want to ask something.
If they do not respond after so long a time then yes, try making a thread in the Requests forum only. Nowhere else. Wink

RE: Texture Ripping Programs - soul117eater - 04-20-2012

(04-19-2012, 09:26 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Wait now though, you want to keep in mind; if you see a thread that is a month or more old, do not post in it (that's necroposting), but instead PM the person you want to ask something.
If they do not respond after so long a time then yes, try making a thread in the Requests forum only. Nowhere else. Wink

I already have made one in the requests forum, thanks for the help!

RE: Texture Ripping Programs - Friedslick6 - 11-06-2013

I just realised a ghetto way of extracting textures from any Windows executable (including emulators/wrappers/dependencies.) This should work for textures, sprites and mostly anything else.
If all else fails:
  • Download Process Explorer.
  • Run the program/s you wish to extract textures from.
  • Get to a point in the program where those particular textures are loaded into memory.
  • Open Process Explorer.
  • Right-click on the program process/es and any branches it has and select "Create Dump>Create Full Dump" from the context menu.
  • Select a directory and file name for the dump file/s.
  • Download a resource extractor like Jaeder Naub.
    (Jaeder Naub is safe despite what anti-virus software may claim, but you could use any file ripping program.)
  • Specify the file scanning options
  • Select the "Load" feature from your file ripping program.
  • Navigate to the directory of the the dump file/s and select it/them
  • Scan the file/s using the features in your file ripping program.
  • If prompted, choose a directory to save the scan results into.
You will now have a folder filled with all kinds of stuff, and maybe the textures you were searching for. Messy, but it does the job.

RE: Texture Ripping Programs - SuperFlomm - 11-07-2013

I can't thank you enough for these programs.
Just a couple of days ago I wanted a program which can export wavs from one big file, so I don't have to do it by hand.
But Jaeder Naub does so much more than just that, it's simply amazing.