The VG Resource
Game Specific Model Ripping Guides - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-85.html)
+----- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-50.html)
+------ Forum: Model Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-54.html)
+------ Thread: Game Specific Model Ripping Guides (/thread-13373.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Game Specific Model Ripping guides - John2k4 - 06-07-2012

I've been trying to find a legal version of 3DSMax 09/10, since I think those were the latest versions supported by that 3DXML Import plugin.
Roxas, didn't you work a bit with the 3D Screen capture things?

RE: Game Specific Model Ripping guides - Roxas358 - 06-07-2012

(06-07-2012, 02:51 PM)John2k4 Wrote: I've been trying to find a legal version of 3DSMax 09/10, since I think those were the latest versions supported by that 3DXML Import plugin.
Roxas, didn't you work a bit with the 3D Screen capture things?

I know little about using 3DVia, I only used it one time. But I'm guessing your problem has something to do with how 3DVia attempts to T pose characters.

RE: Game Specific Model Ripping guides - John2k4 - 06-07-2012

Oh man it was AllenSword who was working with them (Pokemon Colosseum thread thing). Sorry Roxas. =P

As long as 3DVia doesn't merge them into one object, I can probably move them around to get them in about the right T-Pose position.

RE: Game Specific Model Ripping Guides - the_randomizer - 07-23-2012

I get a 403 Error when downloading version 3DX Ripper 1.8.1 on the official site. Anyone have a file I can download?

RE: Game Specific Model Ripping Guides - Roxas358 - 07-23-2012

(07-23-2012, 07:20 PM)the_randomizer Wrote: I get a 403 Error when downloading version 3DX Ripper 1.8.1 on the official site. Anyone have a file I can download?

Try 1.8. I don't know why the 1.8.1 isn't working.
http://www.deep-shadows.com/hax/downloads/old/3DRipperDXSetup.exe

RE: Game Specific Model Ripping Guides - the_randomizer - 07-23-2012

The program doesn't work with 32-bit versions of Dolphin (no files are dumped), as x86 applications are the only ones that work with it. I can't even use Noesis for T-posing either, but I'll create another thread for that.

RE: Game Specific Model Ripping Guides - Previous - 07-24-2012

(07-23-2012, 08:15 PM)the_randomizer Wrote: The program doesn't work with 32-bit versions of Dolphin (no files are dumped), as x86 applications are the only ones that work with it. I can't even use Noesis for T-posing either, but I'll create another thread for that.
x86 is 32-bit. There might be other reasons model dumping doesn't work - model duming often fails from what I've heard Sad

RE: Game Specific Model Ripping Guides - Azu - 07-24-2012

Anyone knows how to rip the level geometry from Shadow The Hedgehog?

RE: Game Specific Model Ripping Guides - the_randomizer - 07-24-2012

(07-24-2012, 01:36 AM)Previous Wrote:
(07-23-2012, 08:15 PM)the_randomizer Wrote: The program doesn't work with 32-bit versions of Dolphin (no files are dumped), as x86 applications are the only ones that work with it. I can't even use Noesis for T-posing either, but I'll create another thread for that.
x86 is 32-bit. There might be other reasons model dumping doesn't work - model duming often fails from what I've heard Sad

I know they're the same, I was tired when I posted that, so forgive my me for confusing the wording like that. 3DX Ripper doesn't work for me, no matter what settings I use. Though it will loader Dolphin through its built-in app launcher, it doesn't tell me it's ready to capture the frames/models. I don't know what the fu** I'm doing wrong.

I should also note that 3D Via Printscreen in something else now and is much worse to use than before.

RE: Game Specific Model Ripping Guides - Roxas358 - 07-24-2012

@the_randomizer
Are you pressing the Launch button on 3D Ripper DX?

(07-24-2012, 10:56 AM)Roxas358 Wrote: @the_randomizer
Are you pressing the Launch button on 3D Ripper DX?

Yep. It launches Dolphin just fine, but once I load an ISO image, F10, F11, etc don't do jack squat. It's supposed to say "Ready to capture" on the Dolphin window, but it's being a POS. Are we not allowed to use SVN versions?

(07-24-2012, 11:07 AM)the_randomizer Wrote: Yep. It launches Dolphin just fine, but once I load an ISO image, F10, F11, etc don't do jack squat. It's supposed to say "Ready to capture" on the Dolphin window, but it's being a POS. Are we not allowed to use SVN versions?

I use SVN versions all the time. Try running 3D Ripper DX as an Admin. If you don't know how, you right click on 3D Ripper and there should be an option reading "Run as administrator."

(07-24-2012, 12:52 PM)Roxas358 Wrote:
(07-24-2012, 11:07 AM)the_randomizer Wrote: Yep. It launches Dolphin just fine, but once I load an ISO image, F10, F11, etc don't do jack squat. It's supposed to say "Ready to capture" on the Dolphin window, but it's being a POS. Are we not allowed to use SVN versions?

I use SVN versions all the time. Try running 3D Ripper DX as an Admin. If you don't know how, you right click on 3D Ripper and there should be an option reading "Run as administrator."

That's the one thing I haven't tried yet, and I hope it works, otherwise I'm screwed. I don't know WHAT I'm doing wrong.

Here's a quick example of what I do.
  • Start 3D Ripper DX.
  • Locate Dolphin EXE.
  • Make sure "Capture all textures" and "Also capture to Wavefront .OBJ" are both checked.
  • Setup the Output Directory's.
  • Hit Launch.
  • Make sure Dolphin is Direct3D9.
  • Locate my game.
  • Push Play button.
  • Now the game should run with the "ready to capture" text on the top left corner (Also I like to have "Render to Main Window" checked).
  • Now when a model is on screen I hit F12 and if for some reason that doesn't work, I try F11.
  • Now I check the Directory where the data should be located. If I can't find it there, then I Check "C:" and look for "2".
  • If there's nothing at all, then it probably didn't work.

(07-24-2012, 02:31 PM)Roxas358 Wrote: Here's a quick example of what I do.
  • Start 3D Ripper DX.
  • Locate Dolphin EXE.
  • Make sure "Capture all textures" and "Also capture to Wavefront .OBJ" are both checked.
  • Setup the Output Directory's.
  • Hit Launch.
  • Make sure Dolphin is Direct3D9.
  • Locate my game.
  • Push Play button.
  • Now the game should run with the "ready to capture" text on the top left corner (Also I like to have "Render to Main Window" checked).
  • Now when a model is on screen I hit F12 and if for some reason that doesn't work, I try F11.
  • Now I check the Directory where the data should be located. If I can't find it there, then I Check "C:" and look for "2".
  • If there's nothing at all, then it probably didn't work.

Nope. Didn't do jack. I'm screwed outta luck.