The VG Resource
Game Specific Model Ripping Guides - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-85.html)
+----- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-50.html)
+------ Forum: Model Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-54.html)
+------ Thread: Game Specific Model Ripping Guides (/thread-13373.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Game Specific Model Ripping guides - TheAmazingSnivy - 05-07-2012

O.o I don't know what to tell you then...

RE: Game Specific Model Ripping guides - Roxas358 - 05-07-2012

@LutherFallangel
I've gotten that more then one line thing before, the best thing you can do is just figure out what looks best.

@TheAmazingSnivy
If anything will rip the models with T-pose it would be 3DVia or Game Assassin. However, you have to either use 3DS Max to open the models that 3DVia exports or use the website that costs money. Also It only sometimes rips the models with there T-poses, plus you would have to remap the UV's probably.
As for Game Assassin...... I've never used it, and don't know much about it, but I've heard it rips the bones.

And how do I open BIN files? I have ntcompress, but it gives me a FILENAME_NONE after I put it into the program... any ideas?

(05-07-2012, 06:13 PM)TheAmazingSnivy Wrote: And how do I open BIN files? I have ntcompress, but it gives me a FILENAME_NONE after I put it into the program... any ideas?

Sorry, no. Sad

Ok, so in a hex editor in one of the bin files I have, there are files called CHARACTERNAME_lz, but I don't know how to open them? Are there any LZ file openers? Because I think that these are all of the model files...

(05-07-2012, 09:17 PM)TheAmazingSnivy Wrote: Ok, so in a hex editor in one of the bin files I have, there are files called CHARACTERNAME_lz, but I don't know how to open them? Are there any LZ file openers? Because I think that these are all of the model files...

Hm, LZ is a format in Skyward Sword. Maybe this will work.
U8Tools

By the way, what's the game?

(05-07-2012, 09:29 PM)Roxas358 Wrote:
(05-07-2012, 09:17 PM)TheAmazingSnivy Wrote: Ok, so in a hex editor in one of the bin files I have, there are files called CHARACTERNAME_lz, but I don't know how to open them? Are there any LZ file openers? Because I think that these are all of the model files...

Hm, LZ is a format in Skyward Sword. Maybe this will work.
U8Tools

By the way, what's the game?

It's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge. I managed to get some files from the disk. >Big Grin
Edit: Sadly, it did not work... :'(

RE: Game Specific Model Ripping guides - ~Axis~ - 05-08-2012

Does anyone know how to view pure 3D files(*.p3d) from prototype?

RE: Game Specific Model Ripping guides - senjen - 05-08-2012

this may help you BlueBlur97 not sure if it works or not ... http://www.ehow.com/how_5842640_open-_p3d-files.html

RE: Game Specific Model Ripping guides - ~Axis~ - 05-16-2012

I'll give it a shot.

RE: Game Specific Model Ripping guides - dirtypantsdan - 05-16-2012

Hello! First time poster here, sorry to butt in, but I've been having some trying to rip a specific model, thought I'd come here and ask if you guys know anything.

Well I've managed to successfully rip Sonic Adventure 2 models straight from the Dreamcast disc, I'm currently using Nemisis' PRS decompressor to get the .bin from the PRS files and then I use Sanic's tools to convert them to obj, which work wonderfully. However one problem I can't find the Biolizard model anywhere! I assumed he was in the boss_last1.prs which is the Biolizard boss area and most of the SA2 bosses are included in their stage geometry somewhere but I can't find a thing that resembles the Biolizard at all. Am I looking in the wrong place? There's tons of prs files and it could be any one of them. Anyone know where to look? I plan on rigging the model and re-make the animations myself for a little project I'm doing. I could use 3D ripper DX as my last resort but It would be pretty difficult to rig a model that isn't in it's native t-pose position, plus I hate it how they come out squished. Anyway thanks a lot.

RE: Game Specific Model Ripping guides - TGE - 05-16-2012

(05-16-2012, 08:59 AM)dirtypantsdan Wrote: Hello! First time poster here, sorry to butt in, but I've been having some trying to rip a specific model, thought I'd come here and ask if you guys know anything.

Well I've managed to successfully rip Sonic Adventure 2 models straight from the Dreamcast disc, I'm currently using Nemisis' PRS decompressor to get the .bin from the PRS files and then I use Sanic's tools to convert them to obj, which work wonderfully. However one problem I can't find the Biolizard model anywhere! I assumed he was in the boss_last1.prs which is the Biolizard boss area and most of the SA2 bosses are included in their stage geometry somewhere but I can't find a thing that resembles the Biolizard at all. Am I looking in the wrong place? There's tons of prs files and it could be any one of them. Anyone know where to look? I plan on rigging the model and re-make the animations myself for a little project I'm doing. I could use 3D ripper DX as my last resort but It would be pretty difficult to rig a model that isn't in it's native t-pose position, plus I hate it how they come out squished. Anyway thanks a lot.
I've tried ripping from SA2 Dreamcast but it doesn't work too well at all. Why? Because the model files contain multiple models and the exporter clamps all of the objects toward "0.0.0" so that means everything is in the middle. Try to open up City Escape, you'll see what I mean. Until someone makes a decent converter, you'll need to use 3D Ripper DX.
Goodluck!

RE: Game Specific Model Ripping guides - dirtypantsdan - 05-16-2012

Thanks for replying. Smile Yeah that does seem to be the case, however I have managed to rip complete model files before, by exporting specific groups in the obj import options of 3DS Max, more specifically I put together the Flying Dog model just fine, and that was made up of different meshes.
[Image: AHJh9.gif]
Dont mind the crappy aperture-like custom texture.

I thought maybe it would be the same for Biolizard. The Last1 PRS file DOES have a specific group of messy meshes crumpled up together which I have the mighty suspicion of it being the Biolizard. Oh well, looks like using 3D ripper is looking more and more recommended at this point. Hmm I wonder if there's a an action replay code to change specific models into their t-poses. Oh well thanks anyway, really appreciate the help. Cute

RE: Game Specific Model Ripping guides - John2k4 - 06-07-2012

Is there any way to "fix" this kind of output from 3DVia Printscreen? None of the import plugins I have found work with my copy of 3DSMax (2012), so I can't try fixing it myself. =(

RE: Game Specific Model Ripping guides - Garamonde - 06-07-2012

No way... you're ripping from Bomberman Jetters?!
What made you decide on this all of a sudden? Surprise
To be perfectly honest, I had made plans to rip from it too once I learned how to use print screen rippers.
I really hope you find a fix for that by the way!