The VG Resource
Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+------ Forum: Team Fortress 2 (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-99.html)
+------ Thread: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge (/thread-10206.html)

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Marth - 08-16-2012

I had a blast for the two rounds I got to play before my server crashed after the 51 minute wait (well it was "51" minutes for an extra 20, so in reality I waited 71 or more). Now the match maker isn't working at all and keeps telling me to try again later Sad

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - alexmach1 - 08-16-2012

(08-16-2012, 01:03 PM)м▲я✞H Wrote: I had a blast for the two rounds I got to play before my server crashed after the 51 minute wait (well it was "51" minutes for an extra 20, so in reality I waited 71 or more). Now the match maker isn't working at all and keeps telling me to try again later Sad

yup, whole system crashed. valve will have to reboot the servers :/

its from all the people who connected simultaneously to play. over 8000 people trying to connect to 200 full servers does that Tongue

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - puggsoy - 08-16-2012

After seeing that the matchmaker is basically unusable, I managed to find a server in the server list. Holy hell it was fun, I play one and a half missions with a bunch of awesome strangers. At first we were losing miserably, but after our first win we were on a roll (apart from failing the same mission a few times).
The only thing is those Sentry Busters... glad I wasn't an Engineer. Gives me a reason to build up playtime with other classes though.

In any case it was super awesome, I really like the co-op teamwork of a group of 6 guys, it's much more friendly than a team of like 12 or 16 guys. This game mode is certainly worth the trouble of getting into a server.

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - alexmach1 - 08-16-2012

i found that playing solo is also pretty fun, but you have to use the cheapest of cheap combos (demoknight zatoichi, degreaser axtinguisher, etc) to get the job done. i got pretty far solo and still enjoyed it, so that provides an alternative to waiting 40 minutes for a queue. (reason i didn't mention engineer is because it isn't as fun to sit around hitting a pile of metal, but it helps see all the upgrades in action)

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - DioShiba - 08-16-2012

Honestly, I love the new Co-Op. It's a really nice mixture of horde mode from Gears of War 2 and Tower Defense put together. My only gripe is that their aren't really two different teams playing together, which kind of sucks on one end but on the other end it makes sense.

Personally, I found out that I'm really good with the soldier and pyro when it comes to handling large groups of robots and tanks respectively. On another note though I want to see what community maps come out for this mode, I'm rather interested.

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Rosencrantz - 08-16-2012

(08-16-2012, 10:19 PM)Diogalesu Wrote: My only gripe is that their aren't really two different teams playing together, which kind of sucks on one end but on the other end it makes sense.
At the same time, though, they advertised this :C

I was really dying to see some Reds and Blues working together to stave off a robotic apocalypse...

at the same time though it wasn't until after my first few MvM games when I noticed "wait, we were all Red, weren't we?" so I guess it really doesn't matter in the end

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Keiang - 08-17-2012

(08-16-2012, 11:03 PM)Rosencrantz Wrote:
(08-16-2012, 10:19 PM)Diogalesu Wrote: My only gripe is that their aren't really two different teams playing together, which kind of sucks on one end but on the other end it makes sense.
At the same time, though, they advertised this :C

I was really dying to see some Reds and Blues working together to stave off a robotic apocalypse...

I'm still holding out for MvM2 where we play as BLU team and invade the carrier to destroy it from within or something.

But yeah, aside from the NO ONE CAN PLAY IT aspect, MvM is awesome.

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Phantom Killah - 08-17-2012

Yeah, it's really weird that the players are RED and the robots are blue, when the trailer and comics made it seem like it was RED and BLU vs. Gray...

Very fun, though.

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Keiang - 08-17-2012

(08-17-2012, 12:40 AM)Phantom K Wrote: Yeah, it's really weird that the players are RED and the robots are blue, when the trailer and comics made it seem like it was RED and BLU vs. Gray...

Very fun, though.

It's probably because the players are defending and the robots are attacking, so having a third color might confuse players in the heat of the moment.

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Cobalt Blue - 08-18-2012

there is a fix somewhere on gamebanana to make the robots gray.

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - puggsoy - 08-18-2012

I've been wanting someone to make a skin that makes Blu players robots, like in all modes, so that you can also play as a robot. The problem is that I don't think robots have first person models, when going on a MvM server in spectator mode and viewing a robot playing from first person, the hands and whatnot just look like a normal human.
Plus the fact that there's no robot engineer (that's being seen).

EDIT: Oh right OK. Not perfect apparently but someone's trying.

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - alexmach1 - 08-18-2012

new update, yaay! hopefully fixes the bugs!
nope, just makes it so all of the MvM servers are out of date and cant be played on

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - puggsoy - 08-18-2012

Dunno if anybody else is having this but suddenly my TF2 takes a good 15 minutes to load. Once that's done I tried joining a server, but it gives me the "Retrieving server info" forever. I mean normally it can take 5 minutes but I seriously waited for maybe 20 minutes before giving up. The weird thing is that when I CTRL+ALT+DEL'd, it didn't try to stop me and minimized as smooth as anything. Opened task manager, end process, and it just closed peacefully. Not even a "hl2.exe has stopped responding".

I don't get it but I've verifying the game files (taking the typical 10 years of course), hopefully it works tomorrow.

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Viiper - 08-19-2012

(08-18-2012, 05:09 PM)puggsoy Wrote: Dunno if anybody else is having this but suddenly my TF2 takes a good 15 minutes to load. Once that's done I tried joining a server, but it gives me the "Retrieving server info" forever. I mean normally it can take 5 minutes but I seriously waited for maybe 20 minutes before giving up. The weird thing is that when I CTRL+ALT+DEL'd, it didn't try to stop me and minimized as smooth as anything. Opened task manager, end process, and it just closed peacefully. Not even a "hl2.exe has stopped responding".

I don't get it but I've verifying the game files (taking the typical 10 years of course), hopefully it works tomorrow.

happens to me nearly every other damn start up of TF2. honestly, it just hangs up on "launching tf2". you are not alone.

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Marth - 08-20-2012

I had 5 minute starts, but now I get insta-starts....I'm so ok with this