The VG Resource
Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+------ Forum: Team Fortress 2 (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-99.html)
+------ Thread: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge (/thread-10206.html)

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Dazz - 02-03-2012

I still find it funny how people blame unbalancing on the game, and not on the players...
I've not experienced any unbalanced gameplay, probably because I don't analyse the shit - I just play the game and enjoy it. It's the same with fighting games - play them to enjoy them, not to win.

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Keychain - 02-03-2012

(02-02-2012, 11:52 PM)Proton Wrote: Promo weapons have almost always been reskins.
[Image: 100px-Item_icon_Diamondback.png][Image: 100px-Item_icon_Machina.png][Image: 100px-Item_icon_Widowmaker.png][Image: 100px-Item_icon_Short_Circuit.png]

[Image: 100px-Item_icon_Sun-on-a-Stick.png][Image: 100px-Item_icon_Sharpened_Volcano_Fragment.png]
(02-03-2012, 06:36 AM)Dazz Wrote: I still find it funny how people blame unbalancing on the game, and not on the players...
I've not experienced any unbalanced gameplay, probably because I don't analyse the shit - I just play the game and enjoy it. It's the same with fighting games - play them to enjoy them, not to win.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy TF2 when I play it to an extent. It's great fun, especially with friends. But there ARE imbalances that you might not be aware of because, from what I know, you haven't kept up with TF2 as much as some others have (not trying to diss you for this or anything, just saying I haven't seen you in TF2 all that much)

Example:

[Image: 100px-Item_icon_Phlogistinator.png]
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Phlogistinator

This motherfucker gives you instant crits for every 221 fire damage you do. (Includes damage dealt with flaregun or detonator) A Pyro with crits is basically a walking death sentence. A single fire particle does about 11-19 damage randomly, so imagine how much that stacks up when you've got 10 seconds of crits? Anything within remote close quarters of that Pyro is basically fucked.

I should also mention that you have to taunt in order to get these crits, however you get a 90% damage resistance boost while doing so. Backstabs do about 30 health worth of damage, and the taunt refills your health to begin with.

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Proton - 02-03-2012

(02-03-2012, 07:10 AM)Keychain Wrote:
(02-02-2012, 11:52 PM)Proton Wrote: Promo weapons have almost always been reskins.
[Image: 100px-Item_icon_Diamondback.png][Image: 100px-Item_icon_Machina.png][Image: 100px-Item_icon_Widowmaker.png][Image: 100px-Item_icon_Short_Circuit.png]

[Image: 100px-Item_icon_Sharp_Dresser.png][Image: 100px-Item_icon_Frying_Pan.png][Image: 100px-Item_icon_Lugermorph.png][Image: 100px-Item_icon_Iron_Curtain.png][Image: 100px-Item_icon_Enthusiast%27s_Timepiece.png][Image: 100px-Item_icon_Original.png][Image: 100px-Item_icon_Maul.png][Image: 100px-Item_icon_Apoco-Fists.png][Image: 100px-Item_icon_Three-Rune_Blade.png][Image: 100px-Item_icon_Big_Kill.png]

Only the Shogun, Deus Ex and Rift have had weapons.
The Kunai and Zatoichi being the only real ones being worth using ever.

The Short Circuit is useful when having a nest and the Widowmaker is an okay substitute,
but the rest of them are garbage.
I'd rather have the reskin.
It's the same good shit but looks better most of the time.

If it's expensive, oh well, not worth it then?

Phlogistinator just ruins the fun against Pyro.
It also ruins the spycicle's point,
especially when you have to throw in a dead ringer effect and a change of ground level just to escape.

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Keychain - 02-03-2012

Every item has its uses whether it'd be situational or not.

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Keychain - 04-14-2012

[Image: D6F1914E4AADD62500BDBBFC4CCDFD0FEE9DEF2B]

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Ryan914 - 04-15-2012

Been playing it for a few months now (not exactly the best at it though) Also one of the reasons why I haven't been ripping much.

I cannot Rocket or Sticky Jump to save my life.

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Dazz - 04-15-2012

Likewise, I've only play a couple months, and I have no idea how to do half the stuff other people are doing... But I'm doing alright.

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Saltonara - 04-15-2012

A couple irl friends of mine have started playing and have been relying on me for help. They both have been doing pretty good so far. I've given them each a strange weapon (had to improvise with those), a hat, and a misc for their favorite classes. One of them likes playing Soldier, and I gave him a Direct Hit I unboxed. He's much better at aiming that than I am. I also got him a Softcap (he told me about it during school, asking which hat it was and told me he wanted it so I got it for him) and gave him my old Ornament Armaments since I randomly crafted another. The other friend likes playing Heavy, so I gave him a strange GRU (besides the Shotgun that's all I had for the Heavy) I unboxed (which he doesn't really use for obvious reasons), a Large Luchadore I also unboxed, and yesterday I got him an Ushanka since he told me he wanted one in-game because he also has a real one (which I've never seen him wear).

The two of them have been learning relatively fast, but one thing that seems to confuse them a lot is the Spy. The one friend who likes playing Soldier still doesn't have a grasp on how the Spy works just yet, and the one friend who plays Heavy freaks out whenever I go Spy. He has learned that he should Spy-check almost every teammate he sees, and now realizes 90% of the time I'm not actually dying, but still doesn't recognize the Dead Ringer uncloaking sounds and I manage to catch him off guard a lot because he doesn't really look around much when he doesn't think I'm near.

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Cobalt Blue - 04-17-2012

and then gabe newel pops out of the closet and entitles himself as a brony.

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Lemonray - 04-17-2012

[Image: my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony...season.jpg]

"U mad, haters?"

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Keychain - 04-18-2012

yes i am

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Dazz - 04-18-2012

Totally effects the game.

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Rosencrantz - 04-19-2012

Just gonna say it: I never really understood why so many people are flipping out by this.

No, not saying you guys are doing it by any means, I'm saying it's happened on other forums I frequent. Really, it's Gaben; the guy's pretty much entitled to do whatever the hell he wants at this point :F

ANYWAY
I can't believe nobody here's been talking about the latest happenings. Namely, the wedding rings fiasco and the "Top for the Day" hats. Both of these things are pretty much hurting TF2's image, no matter how much I'd like to deny it :C

In case anyone's still in the dark about this stuff for whatever reason (like not following this game anymore), wedding rings are $100 virtual items that allow you to declare a bromance with another TF2 guy on your friends list. For the record, the item IS cosmetic, and is NOT a backpack space taker like many people originally thought. Top for the Day hats are hats that you earn by buying the most stamps / winning the most duels / sending out the most gifts in a given day. Which translates to "putting a ton of money into the Mann Co. Store to win a hat and have it for a day". Yeah, if anyone's planning on trying to get one of these things, remember the hat is yours for one day only, and then it leaves your backpack until you earn it again.

Both of these are kind of underhanded exploits of the TF2 community's willingness to spend their money on useless virtual goods, but then again I don't think that the TF2 community's image could get any worse at this point!!

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Sonikku - 04-19-2012

those rings are fuckin useless why do they exist

also i mentioned it in the past but its funny when it happens since i get called a hacker sometimes because of my impeccable aim with the medic's overdose or pyro's detonator yet when i am a sniper woo boy my aim is terrible

edit: did i mention i am absolutely fucking terrible as the soldier

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Dazz - 04-19-2012

Those rings are useless to you, sure.
But nerds are likely to buy them to actually propose to their girlfriends and shit - if they're both big TF2 fans, it's a pretty cool way of declaring a proposal. Not that I'd ever do it, but you get my point, right?
It's not just bromance, unless you guys just haven't had your dicks out of your hands for more than a week to know about proposing to an actual woman. (jk lol)

But yeah, the hat thing is stupid, but still.

It's a free to play game - it's free no matter how you shake it, so why whine about shit that doesn't have to be done? It's like whining that Domino's gave out free pizza at a new store but didn't have the one you like. Don't fucking eat the pizza, and you'll be in the same boat as you were before - and it's a pretty happy boat because you didn't even pay to be on that fucking boat.