The VG Resource
Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+------ Forum: Team Fortress 2 (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-99.html)
+------ Thread: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge (/thread-10206.html)

RE: Official Xmas in SPAAAAAAAAACE Fortress 2011 Lounge - Rosencrantz - 12-15-2011

It would help if you payed more attention to the stuff happening now instead of the update that happened two years ago~

RE: Official Xmas in SPAAAAAAAAACE Fortress 2011 Lounge - Rakia - 12-15-2011

I'm pretty sure I will never use that pyro primary.
Needs airblast, I'll stick with my Degreaser.

RE: Official Xmas in SPAAAAAAAAACE Fortress 2011 Lounge - Proton - 12-15-2011

And then the holiday crates became a disappointment.

RE: Official Xmas in SPAAAAAAAAACE Fortress 2011 Lounge - Cobalt Blue - 12-15-2011

i want that flamebaby

RE: Official Xmas in SPAAAAAAAAACE Fortress 2011 Lounge - Saltonara - 12-17-2011

I've bought around 30 (normal) keys (yeah that's a little ridiculous) since the Mannconomy update came out , and didn't really get anything special from most of them. Today, someone gave me a Nice key. I open a crate, and end up getting my first unusual hat. That made me very happy.

RE: Official Xmas in SPAAAAAAAAACE Fortress 2011 Lounge - Viiper - 12-17-2011

So I have had TF2 sitting in my steam library for years way before it went F2P, but never played it. Jesus it's ten gigs? Well, I'm not super great at FPS games any tips for a nub?

Edit: It's quite fun, but I'm awful.

RE: Official Xmas in SPAAAAAAAAACE Fortress 2011 Lounge - Alpha Six - 12-18-2011

(12-17-2011, 01:17 PM)viiper Wrote: So I have had TF2 sitting in my steam library for years way before it went F2P, but never played it. Jesus it's ten gigs? Well, I'm not super great at FPS games any tips for a nub?
don't worry, the competitive TF2 community left a long time ago. you're not gonna embarrass yourself

RE: Official Xmas in SPAAAAAAAAACE Fortress 2011 Lounge - Viiper - 12-18-2011

(12-18-2011, 08:51 PM)Alpha Six Wrote:
(12-17-2011, 01:17 PM)viiper Wrote: So I have had TF2 sitting in my steam library for years way before it went F2P, but never played it. Jesus it's ten gigs? Well, I'm not super great at FPS games any tips for a nub?
don't worry, the competitive TF2 community left a long time ago. you're not gonna embarrass yourself

Ha even then I would never be embarrassed Big Grin

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Rosencrantz - 02-02-2012

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=7254

SHIT IS GOING DOWN THIS YEAR

Second Annual Saxxy Awards, a secret TF2 project, and MEET THE PYRO

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Keychain - 02-02-2012

I love TF2 as much as the next geek but I'm not even remotely hyped. The direction TF2 is going is literally nothing but hats and no weapons, and I used to oppose this idea.

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Lemonray - 02-02-2012

Y'know, I could probably tolerate the oversaturation of hats in the game if they at least put more effort into the weapons, maps and the other more important stuff.

TF2 has become less and less refined over the past few years, and this just makes my head spin. The game is becoming damn near schizophrenic.

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Marth - 02-02-2012

Enlighten me as to how the game is schizophrenic? I'm not sure you even understand what it is.

Anyway, I'm only really hyped for meet the pyro, they did a lovely job on meet the medic

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Keychain - 02-02-2012

The last several major updates only had about 3 real weapons in them (with unique stats.) They were all melee weapons, which are obviously the easiest kind of weapons to make (hence why TF2 is riddled in them.) Every other weapon, including some melee weapons, were reskins!

[Image: 100px-Item_icon_Wanga_Prick.png][Image: 100px-Item_icon_Sharp_Dresser.png][Image: 100px-Item_icon_Unarmed_Combat.png][Image: 100px-Item_icon_Apoco-Fists.png]

The game generally needs more balancing amongst the weaponry as it is. I don't mind hats, I don't mind promos. I just want the gameplay itself to have some sort of actual importance to the TF2 team.

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Proton - 02-02-2012

(02-02-2012, 11:40 PM)Keychain Wrote: The last several major updates only had about 3 real weapons in them (with unique stats.) They were all melee weapons, which are obviously the easiest kind of weapons to make (hence why TF2 is riddled in them.) Every other weapon, including some melee weapons, were reskins!

[Image: 100px-Item_icon_Wanga_Prick.png][Image: 100px-Item_icon_Sharp_Dresser.png][Image: 100px-Item_icon_Unarmed_Combat.png][Image: 100px-Item_icon_Apoco-Fists.png]

The game generally needs more balancing amongst the weaponry as it is. I don't mind hats, I don't mind promos. I just want the gameplay itself to have some sort of actual importance to the TF2 team.

All of those are seasonal updates, especially this halloweens, or promo weapons.

Promo weapons have almost always been reskins.

It's because there hasn't been an update as big as a class update since the Uber Update, which was part of a class update.

Manniversary just allowed it to be force more add ons to other updates
(along with other reasons for Valve).

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Lemonray - 02-03-2012

(02-02-2012, 09:55 PM)The Pope of Dope Wrote: Enlighten me as to how the game is schizophrenic? I'm not sure you even understand what it is.

What I mean is, the game is insanely disorganized and has no real sense of direction. See disorganized schizophrenia.

(02-02-2012, 11:40 PM)Keychain Wrote: The game generally needs more balancing amongst the weaponry as it is. I don't mind hats, I don't mind promos. I just want the gameplay itself to have some sort of actual importance to the TF2 team.

I think part of the problem is that they're relying too much on alternate weapons to sort out balance issues with the classes.

The Pyro for example, was given a the powerjack, which used to have a damage bonus. Now, since the Pyro is -apparently- supposed to be the best at close-quarters fighting, he should have increased melee damage across the board. The same applies to the Degreaser's weapon switching bonus. There's also the fact that the Pyro's primary weapons all deal low, but quick incremental damage instead of burst damage. Perhaps they could fix this by making the flamethrowers do larger amounts of initial damage, then progressively less damage as you continue spraying fire?

It's like, instead of changing the actual classes for the better they're just slapping new weapons onto them. Having alternate weapons is a good idea, but the game has become cluttered with them.