The VG Resource
Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+------ Forum: Team Fortress 2 (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-99.html)
+------ Thread: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge (/thread-10206.html)

RE: Official Optimized Fortress 2 Lounge (now with hatless update) - Random Talking Bush - 04-14-2011

[Image: TF2_GarishAndOverbearing.jpg]

Oh, my. How garish and overbearing.

RE: Official Optimized Fortress 2 Lounge (now with hatless update) - Kitsu - 04-14-2011

Nooooo, not the gunslinger!

Eh, then again, I hardly ever use my melee weapons anyways...

RE: Official Optimized Fortress 2 Lounge (now with hatless update) - FRET - 04-15-2011

(04-14-2011, 11:06 PM)Vipershark Wrote: saw hatless update

thought they removed hats and made the game good again

left semi-disappointed

yeah, just wanna say, fuck people who post shit like this

the hats have nothing to do with the gameplay, removing them just makes the game less customizable. seriously, why the fuck would anyone complain about extra free content? i could see being annoyed if you HAD to pay for them to play the game, but if you really hate the hats then fucking ignore them, they don't take anything AWAY from the game.

FUCK.

RE: Official Optimized Fortress 2 Lounge (now with hatless update) - Random Talking Bush - 04-15-2011

I honestly don't mind the inclusion of hats. I actually prefer to see some variance in the way people look, instead of having everyone look the same. Though I'm not one of those people who obsess over the hats. If I find one (like I did for the Professional's Panama just last week), then that's fine, but I'm not complaining that I don't have, say, the "Sight for Sore Eyes" or something like that.

RE: Official Optimized Fortress 2 Lounge (now with hatless update) - Gold - 04-15-2011

(04-15-2011, 12:19 AM)FRET Wrote:
(04-14-2011, 11:06 PM)Vipershark Wrote: saw hatless update

thought they removed hats and made the game good again

left semi-disappointed

yeah, just wanna say, fuck people who post shit like this

the hats have nothing to do with the gameplay, removing them just makes the game less customizable. seriously, why the fuck would anyone complain about extra free content? i could see being annoyed if you HAD to pay for them to play the game, but if you really hate the hats then fucking ignore them, they don't take anything AWAY from the game.

FUCK.
So very this.

RE: Official Optimized Fortress 2 Lounge (now with hatless update) - Rosencrantz - 04-15-2011

not to mention there --are-- mods out there that remove all cosmetics.

Honestly, I enjoy hats, but I find it nice that this update didn't add in any hats, and that we got some neat additions instead.

RE: Official Optimized Fortress 2 Lounge (now with hatless update) - Chutzpar - 04-15-2011

I don't really get the hate for hats, honestly. I get a little annoyed when there's stuff that clashes with the game's aesthetic; I am a huge nerd and the design in TF2 is otherwise really fucking good, but really, "occasionally I see a hat that looks out of place" seems pretty trivial. Theres a lot of overreaction here, to say the least.

And I guess it sucks when you join a server and it's full of people begging for trades n'shit, but let's face it, communities for *any* big game are gonna be hit and miss. If it's not "omfg wtb gunslinger" it's little kids regurgitating family guy jokes on mic or squealing any time they get killed. I'm disinclined to believe that the hats are what made the community patchy :v

RE: Official Optimized Fortress 2 Lounge (now with hatless update) - Cobalt Blue - 04-15-2011

at least you get them to use their heads for something.

RE: Official Optimized Fortress 2 Lounge (now with hatless update) - GaryCXJk - 04-17-2011

The only advantage of no hats is the ability to run the game slightly more smoothly due to less models being loaded in.

RE: Official Optimized Fortress 2 Lounge (now with hatless update) - Alpha Six - 04-17-2011

(04-17-2011, 04:38 AM)GaryCXJk Wrote: The only advantage of no hats is the ability to run the game slightly more smoothly due to less models being loaded in.
And the community not talking about hats 23 hours a day. (The other hour is talking about actual things in the game that matter, like weapons, but still being stupid as shit about it.)

RE: Official Optimized Fortress 2 Lounge (now with hatless update) - Cobalt Blue - 04-17-2011

offlinemode payloadHeart

RE: Official Optimized Fortress 2 Lounge (now with hatless update) - Rosencrantz - 04-17-2011

(04-15-2011, 02:08 AM)Rosencrantz Wrote: not to mention there --are-- mods out there that remove all cosmetics.

QUOTING TO SAY NEVERMIND, VALVE REMOVED THAT ABILITY

oh also servers can't attach models to other models anymore (ie. no more Vs. Saxton Hale)

RE: Official Optimized Fortress 2 Lounge (now with hatless update) - Alpha Six - 04-18-2011

(04-17-2011, 09:02 PM)Rosencrantz Wrote:
(04-15-2011, 02:08 AM)Rosencrantz Wrote: not to mention there --are-- mods out there that remove all cosmetics.

oh also servers can't attach models to other models anymore (ie. no more Vs. Saxton Hale)

DUMB

STUPID

RETARDED

RE: Official Optimized Fortress 2 Lounge (now with hatless update) - Chutzpar - 04-18-2011

What.
Why would they even do that? :c

RE: Official Optimized Fortress 2 Lounge (now with hatless update) - Rosencrantz - 04-18-2011

(04-18-2011, 03:32 PM)Tachikoma Wrote:

What.
Why would they even do that? :c

Supposedly, it's because of how servers devalued a ton of items by making them all readily available.

As in, I'm talking about the servers that allowed you to wear hats you didn't own, and color these hats, and add unusual particle effects to them.

Servers did this through the same server mods as the model clipping mod that Vs. Saxton Hale used, so VSH was destroyed as an unintended result.

This really sucks; I've noticed one server replaced Hale with Christian Brutal Sniper (a GMod meme like Vagineer) to still make the gamemode make sense, but it's just not the same Sad