The VG Resource
Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+------ Forum: Team Fortress 2 (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-99.html)
+------ Thread: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge (/thread-10206.html)

RE: Official Australian Fortress 2 Lounge - Saltonara - 01-10-2011

I haven't had any experience with that weapon and I don't plan to.

RE: Official Australian Fortress 2 Lounge - Zero Kirby - 01-10-2011

Fair enough. Like I said, I wasn't sure if it was a good idea.

If people want to make a community pack though you've just gotta throw ideas out there and let others fix them up and stuff.

Maybe a Soldier melee weapon that's the opposite of the Equalizer? It increases your health healing rate but slows you down or decreases your damage output.

Paired with the Black Box, it could be a good way to quickly build up a Backup for your team.

It could be the White Flag or something like that.

Or a Demoman melee weapon Spy primary that's the classic "silenced" weapon that... does something. The only thing I can think of would be the overpowered "Golden Gun" that does a lot of damage silently but simply has a really really long reload, single bullet clip, very few bullets, and can't be reloaded while cloaked or disguised.

Which is ridiculous. Can you guys think of anything better?

RE: Official Australian Fortress 2 Lounge - GaryCXJk - 01-11-2011

I just had a pretty fun idea.

It's called the Golden Glove. It's a spy weapon, and it actually stuns your opponent when being backstabtacked. Its melee damage is a bit higher, but the trade-off is that back attacks don't instantly kill the opponent anymore.

Then again, that one requires custom animations.

RE: Official Australian Fortress 2 Lounge - Rosencrantz - 01-11-2011

(01-10-2011, 09:52 PM)-Colton Wrote: I haven't had any experience with that weapon and I don't plan to.

it does make jump maps pretty interesting, though!

I mean, I'm capable of doing some soldier-only jumps with a Demoman and the Caber. But then again a skilled Demo jumper can do pretty much every Soldier jump (although this requires sticky-pogoing)

RE: Official Australian Fortress 2 Lounge - Zero Kirby - 01-11-2011

(01-11-2011, 12:55 PM)GaryCXJk Wrote: I just had a pretty fun idea.

It's called the Golden Glove. It's a spy weapon, and it actually stuns your opponent when being backstabtacked. Its melee damage is a bit higher, but the trade-off is that back attacks don't instantly kill the opponent anymore.

Then again, that one requires custom animations.

Would be good for some fun Spy/Sniper combos. Encouraging teamwork. Which is good.

Maybe an interesting Medic medigun that saps health from enemies (and Ubercharge from enemy Medics) to recover team members in the immediate area? It wouldn't be able to Ubercharge, but sapping Ubercharge heals allies faster.

It doesn't heal yourself though. So two Medics at one another with the same weapon would just kill each other rather quickly. It would work like the Amputator except not a direct upgrade over the Medigun.

RE: Official Australian Fortress 2 Lounge - GaryCXJk - 01-11-2011

Okay, here's another idea, that probably works better as a joke item:

The Butler
Basically it's a candlestick. It deals more damage, and is lethal when aimed on the head from any side.

RE: Official Australian Fortress 2 Lounge - Lemonray - 01-12-2011

I want some kind of alternate shotgun for Pyro.

Perhaps one that only holds 4 rounds, does 20% less damage to non-burning enemies but gives you a small speed boost (maybe 4%, capping just below scout speed?) every time you use it to kill an enemy that's on fire?

RE: Official Australian Fortress 2 Lounge - Cobalt Blue - 01-12-2011

the whole point of the current shotgun of the pyro is to have a counter for pyros/underwater situations. withlist the flaregun is meant to cover long range fights. said shotgun wouldn't really have a real use considering you'd either be already close to an enemy to kill it, or far away and the afterburn would kill it anyway. and the flaregun's minicrits can also deal p good with a runing enemy on fire. because you DONT chase people with a pyro, you AMBUSH or harash people with a pyro.

each gun its suposed to cover a need in the class's gameplay, withlist the tradeoff is already picking said weapon over another rather than a direct impact on the class's attributes such as giving more or less speed, etc.

RE: Official Australian Fortress 2 Lounge - Rosencrantz - 01-12-2011

(01-12-2011, 10:22 PM)Fuchikoma Wrote: each gun its suposed to cover a need in the class's gameplay, withlist the tradeoff is already picking said weapon over another rather than a direct impact on the class's attributes such as giving more or less speed, etc.

but with the recent slew of weapons, do you think this really applies anymore?

RE: Official Australian Fortress 2 Lounge - Zero Kirby - 01-13-2011

(01-12-2011, 11:59 PM)Rosencrantz Wrote:
(01-12-2011, 10:22 PM)Fuchikoma Wrote: each gun its suposed to cover a need in the class's gameplay, withlist the tradeoff is already picking said weapon over another rather than a direct impact on the class's attributes such as giving more or less speed, etc.

but with the recent slew of weapons, do you think this really applies anymore?

Indeed.

The Amputator is literally a direct upgrade to the Bonesaw. There's no reason not to use it when not packing the Uber- or Vita-Saws.

Added to the Crossbow which can heal distant allies and hurt distant enemies, especially when you get good with it, and you get the health regeneration bonus. You'll be able to regenerate health at such a ridiculous speed that it's pretty much a matter of if you want to shoot more bullets faster.

RE: Official Australian Fortress 2 Lounge - Cobalt Blue - 01-13-2011

well shit.

RE: Official Australian Fortress 2 Lounge - Lemonray - 01-14-2011

So how about those bear items? I've had them all since yesterday, and I quite like them. Well, I like the steak and claws. I'm not entirely sure about the Brass beast. You really notice the extra damage, but you become a sitting duck when you're using this. Spinning up the damn thing is suicide if there are snipers about. The set bonus is useless because of the Warrior's spirit's HP penalty. A 20% crit resistance would be more like it.

Bought a key and got a can of team spirit from a crate. Thanks Mann co.

RE: Official Australian Fortress 2 Lounge - Keychain - 01-14-2011

is that fucking get-together going to happen and we all play???

RE: Official Australian Fortress 2 Lounge - Saltonara - 01-14-2011

If you guys did something like that could I be invited? I haven't played any actual TF2 in a while.

RE: Official Australian Fortress 2 Lounge - FRET - 01-16-2011

I'd be down. Someone organize it.