The VG Resource
Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+------ Forum: Team Fortress 2 (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-99.html)
+------ Thread: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge (/thread-10206.html)

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Zero Kirby - 08-27-2012

(08-27-2012, 08:51 PM)Rosencrantz Wrote: I always have this need to fill the Engie slot since nobody wants to do it, it seems

I need legitimate strategies, help please :C

A good Engie helps the team out a lot but there's a few things that do help, dunno how much of this you already know (or if you want Engie strategies to begin with) but:

- You should typically build the Dispenser near a chokepoint where a Heavy can camp near it, and increase the range so it can be behind a wall - you'll usually build Sentries near Ammo Pickups that will generally respawn faster than you can work through them. On Decoy, the middle building has one of these AND a Health Pickup, so you won't have to worry about healing, either.

- Your choice of Primary isn't too terribly important but make sure it's something you're comfortable with using in case you have to (and you probably will). If going with the Frontier Justice, destroy your Sentry between waves to get the Revenge Crits. Sometimes, it's even worth letting the Sentry Buster take it down if you can rebuild quickly enough (with an Upgrade Canteen) at another chokepoint just to get the Revenge Crits. The Widowmaker works best up close but can provide an excellent source of Metal as long as you keep hitting large groups of enemies with most of your spread, and you'll usually increase your Metal limit anyway. The Pomson can help with Medic control. In all cases, it's usually worth investing in Penetrating Shots for maximum crowd control.

- Don't waste Upgrade Canteens on just a Sentry - build both a Sentry and Dispenser before using the Canteen, and only use them when you need an immediate Sentry. Increase the attack speed of your Wrench of choice to speed up non-Canteen upgrading when you're not under pressure.

- Keep your buildings a fair distance apart in case a Sentry Buster shows up - it's bad enough to lose a Sentry but losing both a Dispenser and a Teleporter weakens your overall effectiveness.

- If a Sentry Buster's getting too close, haul your Sentry, walk up to the Sentry Buster, and once it starts the detonation animation, back off as far as you can. Just make sure that you don't endanger your teammates in the process!

- Investing in damage resistances usually isn't worth it - you can use your Sentry for cover if you absolutely have to. Increased mobility or Health/Metal regen can help, but most of your money should go into Building or Primary Upgrades.

- And be careful on the front lines if you go out there - your Sentry can hurt you too, and you don't have much health to boot!

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - puggsoy - 08-28-2012

I haven't been Engie at all on MvM yet, there's always been at least one, which is usually enough anyway. Demoman with Grenade and Stickybomb Launchers isn't too bad though, surrounding the bomb deployment area with stickies can save a game is there's not much time left. Also grenades almost always help when you're firing into a closely huddled group of robots.

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Keychain - 08-28-2012

Scout cleaver is the best item in the game.

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Ryan914 - 08-28-2012

Max out Bonk's recharge time. At max, it will refill completely as you are invulnerable, providing your allies a decoy to attract enemies attention and collect cash without taking damage. If you also use Soda Popper and increase the clip size, Max ammo, and damage output, you can play offense when the tanks arrive. The Soda Popper's Hype meter also adds to the damage as the Mini crits can make it easier to take down large enemies/tanks.

Or you can use Jarate/Mad Milk to reduce enemies' speed in addition to the Sydney Sleeper's Jarate shots.

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - puggsoy - 08-28-2012

I've never seen a use for Bonk, or the Scout in general, since it's all just defence and there's nothing that needs capturing. However the above is actually really awesome, so ima equip my Scout's MvM loadout (yes I have a single loadout for each class especially for MvM) with Bonk and the Soda Popper. Any Melee suggestions? (Does the Sandman stun giants?)

(08-28-2012, 12:25 PM)Keychain Wrote: Scout cleaver is the best item in the game.

I really want that, it'd be a beast in Medieval mode.

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Zero Kirby - 08-28-2012

(08-28-2012, 04:42 PM)puggsoy Wrote: I've never seen a use for Bonk, or the Scout in general, since it's all just defence and there's nothing that needs capturing. However the above is actually really awesome, so ima equip my Scout's MvM loadout (yes I have a single loadout for each class especially for MvM) with Bonk and the Soda Popper. Any Melee suggestions? (Does the Sandman stun giants?)

(08-28-2012, 12:25 PM)Keychain Wrote: Scout cleaver is the best item in the game.

I really want that, it'd be a beast in Medieval mode.

Sandman doesn't stun Giants, but it can be upgraded to mark them for death and carry multiple baseballs, to mark multiple targets.

Scout is actually pretty damn useful in MvM - his increased cash collection radius not only overheals him (and to insane amounts, I've gotten over 600 health) but provides upgrades for the team - a Scout with full resistances and health regen is practically a tank on the front lines when he's collecting dosh. When added to Mad Milk's healing factor, a primary with accuracy and penetrating shots (like the Shortstop), and the Sandman or Fan-o-War's Mark of Death, Scout's an excellent supporting and even offensive class.

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Gold - 08-29-2012

I play pretty much nothing but an offensive scout in mvm now. Soda Popper, Mad Milk, and Sandman. Soda Popper and Mad Milk have saved our asses so many times.

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Vic - 08-29-2012

Played this gamemode for the first time today, and its super fun.
But the matchmaking tends to put me on servers with 200+ latency which is balls Blank

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - puggsoy - 08-30-2012

[Image: EA57440FA0633BF31F36C60504CE7AB6B6BA3114]

Note that this was purely picked up, not from a crate or trade. Also I know levels have no significance but seriously level 90 is freaking awesome.

Guess which class I'll be playing for a while.

Oh wow I've been getting heaps of cool items recently. Traded some crates with Sonniku to get a Spy-cicle, traded a bunch of duplicates for the Cleaner's Carbine, got Demoman Milestone 3 so I got the Scottish Resistance (finally), picked up a Beggar's Bazooka, AND picked up a Lollichop. The last four were all today, the Spy-cicle was soon after I got the Red-Tape Recorder.
The result of all this is that I've been playing TF2 for about 3 hours straight just now.

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Proton - 08-31-2012

(08-30-2012, 03:51 PM)puggsoy Wrote: traded a bunch of duplicates for the Cleaner's Carbine,

Hope you didn't trade any more than 2 weapons for it, because it's barely worth 2 weapons as is.

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Kitsu - 08-31-2012

Even though some weapons are apparently "worth" up to 2 scraps, I would hesitate to pay even 1 scrap for a single weapon (doesn't stop me from trying to sell at that price though ehehe).

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - puggsoy - 09-01-2012

(08-31-2012, 08:02 PM)Proton Wrote:
(08-30-2012, 03:51 PM)puggsoy Wrote: traded a bunch of duplicates for the Cleaner's Carbine,

Hope you didn't trade any more than 2 weapons for it, because it's barely worth 2 weapons as is.

Traded 3 Tongue But I mean it freed up some backpack space so it's all right. I don't trade much anyway so it's all right, but thanks for the tip (if I ever get another one I'll trade it for 4 items).

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Proton - 09-02-2012

(09-01-2012, 06:15 AM)puggsoy Wrote: (if I ever get another one I'll trade it for 4 items).

outpost 2012

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - -Bwar- - 09-03-2012

Hey, I have a Level 64 Snaggletooth called "Krem's Kap" and I need some ideas for descriptions

Anyone mind helping?

http://tf2b.com/tf2/item/Bwar/315164136

RE: Official Team Fortress 2012 Lounge - Gold - 09-03-2012

"If all else fails, you'll just have to play better." - Cranky Kong