The VG Resource
General Pokemon Discussion - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: General Pokemon Discussion (/thread-7991.html)

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - Skye McCloud - 05-08-2009

@ Rags, Chrono Trigger was ports with added content. A mix of both. Still had the charm. Big Grin

@ BigG, I lost my original copies long ago, but even then between Brawl, WoW, Pokemon Pearl, and needing to finish about a half dozen other games, along with develop my own, I wouldn't have the time.

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - Rökkan - 05-08-2009

uhm, you do know that this is some kind of sequel to the FRLG games dont you
and you can't disagree that FRLG were awesome remakes that still had the same atmosphere of the originals

except maybe for Red
in the original game he looked so badass, in the remake his design's hella ugly

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - Skye McCloud - 05-08-2009

They're awesome remakes, but they didn't give me that giddy feeling I get when I get a new Pokemon game, or when I played the originals.

Whereas I would've been all "OMGYESPOKEMON!!!1!!1!!!111!42" if it was a brand new game, ever since I played Pokemon Red, with FR and LG it was "This is cool." I wasn't excited about it. Same goes for this. I dunno, it's probably just me.

Still, it makes me a bit worried. How long before game developers realize they can slack off and just constantly remake games from 10 to 15 years before? Where they can go with maybe one or two new games a year, and everything else be a remake, where all they need to do is improve the graphics, redo some sound, and fix any small errors that existed before? And never say never. It could very well happen, so long as they know people like us will buy it.

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - DioShiba - 05-08-2009

There were some bad remakes out there that kind of made me cringe why they do it you know. True that every time a remake is confirmed that might not catch on and some will worry if it isn't as great, but that does not necessarily make them bad, the only reason that makes any sort of game bad if it's seriously flawed.

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - king of scots - 05-08-2009

if the game it's a remake of is already amazing you can't really mess up the remake unless you change it completely, in which case it wouldn't be a remake

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - Vipershark - 05-08-2009

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES
I'm getting SoulSilver

Here's what they need to do:

BRING BACK SAFARI ZONE
Bring back Lavender Tower.
Bring back Cerulean Cave. Mewtwo is in there.
Flesh out Cinnabar Island. Leave that Cave, but make the island more than what it currently is. Put something cool on it.
DO NOT UPDATE THE DARK CAVE MUSIC. IT IS PERFECT IN GAMEBOY SOUND FORM. JUST PIPE IN THE CHIPTUNES.
Make the legendary dogs not as annoying to catch.

also yes I cannot contain my delight at this announcement

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - JarJar - 05-08-2009

the beast arent going to change

their catch rate is still 3

enjoy your wild hunting folks

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - [robo9] - 05-08-2009

To tell you the truth, I would rather have them sell Pokemon Crystals again, but win a new battery thingy so they will last longer than like, 10 years, since I am afraid that they willakw the remakes DSi only.....I will rage though if they take out Kanto though....

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - JarJar - 05-08-2009

its confirmed not DSi you guys are too paranoid about that

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - [robo9] - 05-08-2009

Thank god.... I'm not wasting 100 sumthing bucks on a glamored up Ds, when I have an origi al one....I think they should do a remake with all the regions, but with GSC graphics or something, sort oflike MM9..I mean Crystal had several animations, while 3rd and 4th generation have like, two....And I do enjoy those simple graphics.

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - Shadowth117 - 05-09-2009

(05-08-2009, 11:08 PM)Vipershark Wrote: Here's what they need to do:

BRING BACK SAFARI ZONE

I wouldn't be surprised if they did that since it was originally going to be in and then was cut do to time constraints. That and the fact that most people wouldn't be able to get the exclusive Pokemon that only appear there do to the lack of a GBA slot in the Dsi.

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - Shroob2 - 05-09-2009

or you could, *gasp* KEEP YOUR OLD DS.

Seriously. Most people'll have no problem transferring.

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - Shadowth117 - 05-09-2009

Well I'd hope that they put it in anyway. The place was awesome.

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - Raytheon - 05-09-2009

(05-08-2009, 11:29 PM)Anubis Wrote: the beast arent going to change

their catch rate is still 3

enjoy your wild hunting folks
i remember many years ago i was like 8 or something and i finally caught an entei after hours and hours of gameplay and i orgasmed(theoretical 8-y/o orgasm) and i was so excited

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - Omega - 05-09-2009

thank god for the abilities.

Wobbufett's shadow tag ability won't make the beast escape this time around