The VG Resource
POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+------ Forum: Pokemon (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-69.html)
+------ Thread: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED (/thread-22294.html)

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Kriven - 10-05-2013

(10-05-2013, 09:26 PM)Mutsukki Wrote: I find it funny that most complaints about the story come from older fans, it seems they forget what the actual target demographic for the games are. (and i'm not sure what there's to complain either)

This isn't true, we're just the only ones with the means to converse or be heard.

Plenty of younger kids have told me they like the cartoon more than the games because the games are boring. They're looking for characters and scenarios similar to the cartoon, and they aren't getting it.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Koh - 10-05-2013

But we've already established that they've worked the legendary into the plot since Gen II. It was new in Gen II, then Gen 3 and onwards followed the same thing. To be honest, I preferred the Legendary handling prior to that, in Gen I, where it was actually interesting to find them all on your own. Some people may mention them here and there across the world, but you'd never actually find them by just following the story. You had to go exploring and check out some caves, and suddenly "OH A LEGENDARY ELECTRIC BIRD APPEARED!"

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - TomGuycott - 10-05-2013

That feeling of finding a Legendary on your own hasn't been totally eliminated. I found a lot of the Legendaries in Black and White without any form of real help, and it was satisfying. Sure, Reshiram and Zekrom were in the focal point of the story, but you also got a pretty cool concept of using a Legendary to fight another Legendary against another trainer.

Also in addition to those that you find in caves there's also the ones that roam. Black and White did it kind of interesting, where the roaming weather guys caused bad weather that you could actually see. Made it have an impact.

Just my opinion mixed in of course, but yeah, that stuff still does exist.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Koh - 10-05-2013

(10-05-2013, 10:34 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: Also in addition to those that you find in caves there's also the ones that roam. Black and White did it kind of interesting, where the roaming weather guys caused bad weather that you could actually see. Made it have an impact.
That was nice~....but also done on Emerald, regarding Kyogre or Groudon being in the area you're at, and the weather would be crazy.

I know that the newer games have had legendaries to find on your own, it's just that I wish the mascot legendaries were still like that. Maybe they could be involved in the plot, but I don't think the free battle should come during it either, but rather when you find it after becoming Champion or something.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Koopaul - 10-06-2013

Eh we're still arguing in the Gen 6 topic? I thought by now another topic would get made on the subject.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Mutsukki - 10-06-2013

(10-05-2013, 10:04 PM)Koh Wrote: @Mutsukki: But it's that same mindset why we can't have nice things~ Are we to assume, from that statement, that a series should never change up its old and tired formula a bit, because it's targeted for younger viewers? Anything released for kids, should never, EVER, update the formula they start from the first release. Otherwise, it will no longer be for kids, and suddenly be for just the older people. I hope that's not what that line means.

No, you're not to assume that from that statement. Seriously. The story is always good vs evil, that won't really change, it's for kids, it's not supposed to be pretentioud. You yourself said you wanted more "darker" tones, so I'm not sure what you're trying to defend here when you say it could change.

The games do work on some pretty good topics, Black/White (and 2) itself is on the topic of accepting others opinions and ideals, with the whole story about how N was misguided and what not too. Of course if you want to look at the surface "Kid vs evil team" then you won't get any substance out of it.

Quote:Plenty of younger kids have told me they like the cartoon more than the games because the games are boring. They're looking for characters and scenarios similar to the cartoon, and they aren't getting it.

The cartoon has a set main character, instead of yourself and flashy battles. And if anything, the cartoon is even more childish in plot development than the games, since that one is the one that has been singing the old tune for quite some time now (I think it's alright and even more for kids, but not the ideal adaptation of me).

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Kriven - 10-06-2013

That the cartoon doesn't coincide with one of my thoughts doesn't have anything to do with the fact that it's what kids are looking for in the games.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Koh - 10-06-2013

(10-06-2013, 03:32 AM)Mutsukki Wrote: No, you're not to assume that from that statement. Seriously. The story is always good vs evil, that won't really change, it's for kids, it's not supposed to be pretentioud. You yourself said you wanted more "darker" tones, so I'm not sure what you're trying to defend here when you say it could change.

The games do work on some pretty good topics, Black/White (and 2) itself is on the topic of accepting others opinions and ideals, with the whole story about how N was misguided and what not too. Of course if you want to look at the surface "Kid vs evil team" then you won't get any substance out of it.
It's not the good vs evil that bothers me. I even gave ideas how there could still be an evil team, but something new. What bothers me is that each game starting after Gen 2 has been the same formula for the handling of the team. They each want something different like more land/sea, rebuilding the world, animal rights (on the surface), but they all go about it in the same exact way; hunt down the legendary, abuse it, make player battle Legendary, and then from there on you basically win. It's nice that they're trying to give characters of each team more character development, like N and Ghetsis; that's fine, but I just wish for once it didn't have to be the same format for each story. Make the team's goals something that doesn't revolve around a legend for once; make them something the player won't just see as a side show.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Darky's Reincarnation - 10-06-2013

god your arguments are boring

[Image: 12142.jpg]

there's a fucking keychain pokémon!

To add to the repertoire of inanimate object Pokemon no doubt. So now, my jokes about Pokemon based on chairs, tables and pillows has further merit~ Say Hello to Gen 7.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Darky's Reincarnation - 10-06-2013

(10-06-2013, 06:31 AM)Koh Wrote: To add to the repertoire of inanimate object Pokemon no doubt. So now, my jokes about Pokemon based on chairs, tables and pillows has further merit~ Say Hello to Gen 7.

yes~ sure they do~ ~~~~~~~~~

also i love pokémon based on modern real life stuff, like trubbish, garbador, vanillite and all those other really bad designs. they're amazing.
reminds me of earthboud

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Lexou Duck - 10-06-2013

yeah someone probably posted this before but i dont feel like reading this thread Big Grin

also
someone whose joke im stealing Wrote:wow nintendo

for a company whose mascot is a plumber

you guys sure have a lot of leaks

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Gwen - 10-06-2013

This thread:
-Koh complains about something
-We prove his point wrong
-Still nitpicks because in some minuscule way he doesn't get what he wants 100% EX: Koh "You don't get to just stumble upon Legendaries anymore"
Everyone else "Actually, aside from the two main legendaries, you stumble upon the rest by large, and many roam around randomly"
Koh "Well still, you don't get to for the Mascots/Main Two mannnnnnnnnnnn"

Here's a link to another review from someone currently playing the game
http://www.purezc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=57785&page=28#entry864480

Why is Pikachu the only one to do that? Favortismmmmmmmmm....
So it seems you've a couple of branching paths this time around...I'll take it; already better than Black and White.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Marth - 10-06-2013

You had a decent post and then you threw in that favortism bit in.

Please stop now. Really just shut the fuck up already.