The VG Resource
POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+------ Forum: Pokemon (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-69.html)
+------ Thread: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED (/thread-22294.html)

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Koh - 10-05-2013

(10-05-2013, 10:19 AM)Diogalesu Wrote: Too long; Didn't Read all of it.

Jesus Christ, it's like I'm trying to read a dictionary. Half of those ideas don't even make any sense or they're just plain stupid.
Care to elaborate? What's nonsensical or stupid about them? I could understand the ideas needing a little bit of tweaking, but it'd be a new kind of story with a different approach, but the familiar Pokemon setup, and familiar moral teaching.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Gwen - 10-05-2013

Also Koh, Pokemon Colosseum and XD kind of fuck up your point of "GAME FREAK NEVER EXPERIMENTS OR TRIES ANYTHING NEW WAH"
HELL, POKEMON RANGER, MYSTERY DUNGEON, THAT WIND UP BEAT EM UP GAME.

Game Freak does experiment and have MULTIPLE times, even with the main series, and continue to show so. Sure they may not drastically change everything about the game, but why the fuck should they completely change the game that people love and know into something foreign and unknowon to them?
Just thought about that after a night of great sleep.

So in short, shut up Koh, you really have no ground to whine on about Game Freak doing nothing new with pokemon.

(10-05-2013, 10:59 AM)Gwen Wrote: Sure they may not drastically change everything about the game, but why the fuck should they completely change the game that people love and know into something foreign and unknown to them?
The answer for this is pretty self explanatory; that's the beauty of it. It's a new pool to swim in, with clean water. It's a new experience, with nothing too predictable or just seen a million times within the series. Both old and new players can go in, not knowing what to expect in terms of how things will progress and ultimately end. It'll make you want to see more; "what could possibly happen next now that THIS has happened?" You'll get anxious to see what else new is in store, and how it molds into things you thought you knew and loved, like the Turn Based Combat. You heart will pound, and your thoughts will race. You've entered the adrenaline rush.

But why change a game completely when the majority like how it runs already? Also Gen 6 has showed so many new things to the series, while not changing everything about the game. I'd rather see that than see a company scrap how a game is played completely just to change everything about it. It wouldn't be that game anymore, and it wouldn't feel like that game anymore.

Well, a good comparison for that would be Final Fantasy. The first 3 games were turn-based games, but each did something different to the system. Then the next games, up to 10, were ATB based games, but kept the familiar things about FF, like the classes and spells, etc. The things they innovated between each game were not only the settings and villains, but how the game is played. Final Fantasy 4 was the first to use ATB, so it was basically like FF1, with locked down classes. Final Fantasy 5 introduced a new job system, updated from that of Final Fantasy 3, which made the party alot more customizable. Final Fantasy 6 brought Magicite, and a new way to learn spells and use summons, as well as desperation attacks. Final Fantasy 7 brought the series into the 3rd dimension, but used things like Materia, and so on. Each is still Final Fantasy and has that aura about them, but also makes it so even veteran players have a completely new experience, while still having a little familiarity with the battle systems and abilities.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Sevenstitch - 10-05-2013

No, no one understands

Kids nowadays dont want fun, or familiar, they want new and edgy

who wants tried and true ideas when they can have completely "new" ideas based on the old ones?

i for one love it when my favorite memories and expectations are thrown out in place of "fresh" ones

[Image: 1219631-loonatics.jpg]

case in point

on another note, can this thread please stop being bombarded with this pseudo videogame philosophy bull and have it split into another thread or something

i mean really, aside from like 3 posts, the last several pages have been nothing but arguing with Koh, which can be fun but ultimately pointless

i want to get on with seeing more image leaks and whatnot already

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Goombaking123 - 10-05-2013

http://i.imgur.com/3DvWUUB.jpg

Here's a list of most of all new Pokemon so far, though some are missing. Also, obvious spoilers.

EDIT:

New stuff for stuffing spoilers!

Also, some old-gen exclusives:
Pokemon X:
Also, some other new Pokemon:
Images are big, so if you're checking em', only open one at a time.

How is that thing a Dragon? It looks like a muffin or cupcake with two hands coming out.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - TomGuycott - 10-05-2013

Koh, everything you are describing just makes it seem like you want to play a differen game and have the same feeling of mystery a new game entails. However, if that was the case I don't understand why you keep track of a thread full of spoilers for a game that apparently will cease to surprise you anyway.

Spoilers don't ruin the game for me; it gives me something to look forward to, like Chespin Heart. But it also let's me know what would've been disappointing ahead of time.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Candel - 10-05-2013

Koh just shut up already please, and let us enjoy the new game
Just drop it, youre not making yourself any favors and you're just being perceived as whiny,

Can you like, not post anything negative about the game for a couple of pages?

So by taking away surprise, you just confirm what you'll automatically dislike about the game, without fucking even playing or trying it first.
Just marvelous, I can't say I'm surprised but holy fuck that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

@Candel
...And this seems to be the core of some people's problems here. So, you are basically just admitting you are somehow, in someway, affected by something you like not constantly getting praises and uplifts about every detail from other people. It must all be positive, or else it shouldnt be there at all. Well, this is impossible. No one will be pleased about everything when they see it, and negatives deserve posting just as much as positives. If you let other people disliking a thing you like affect your enjoyment of something, you've got a problem that you need to work on, because it happens constantly.

@Gwen
Not necessarily. I've often seen things about games I planned on getting that were pretty glaring and still got the games anyway. Someone else playing the games for you is NEVER a substitute for playing the game for yourself, HOWEVER, it gives you a pretty good idea what you're in for, especially if it was something you were already on the fence about. If you've been unsure about a game, like let's say Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, and wanted to see more about it to confirm your purchase, you'd probably look up some gameplay and see what's going down. After watching some, you'd finally conclude how much more of a pain in the ass dealing with the new card system was than you were expecting (though I'm one of the people who actually loved the card system, because strategy~), so you decide it's not worth putting your money into something you know you wouldn't enjoy. The same sort of logic can be applied to everything else. I still think I'd be curious enough about the new region to get Pokemon X when I can afford it, but I already know things are going to be pretty standard in terms of story just from the reviews and from intuition.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Garamonde - 10-05-2013

I'm okay with most of the new Pokémon, but I can't see Clawitzer's face...

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Kriven - 10-05-2013

"Hey we're allowed to discuss the game... UNLESS YOU DON'T LIKE IT!"

Anyways, I think giving a Zelda-NES approach to the world exploration would be an improvement. As has been suggested, having areas (other than the Elite Four) be shut off for story progression is kind of lame in a franchise that doesn't have much story. The idea behind Pokemon, and a lot of Nintendo games, is that YOU are the hero. This is why the trainers don't actually have canon names and why, now, you get to customize them. Because they are you.

As such, you should be able to explore everything within your ability. Of course, this is different from having everything available at the start. If I went with the Zelda analogy, each Gym would be a Dungeon and the HMs would be the key tool which increases your range of exploration. It really would not be a concept overhaul, Nintendo has worked with this style of play before, and it will better personalize each gamer's experience, and probably change things just enough to keep them from getting moldy.