The VG Resource
POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+------ Forum: Pokemon (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-69.html)
+------ Thread: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED (/thread-22294.html)

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Darky's Reincarnation - 10-05-2013

nintendo doesn't break traditions, shit please tell me a franchise that has changed over the years it has excited.

the only major changes nintendo adds to their games is a gimmick, nintendo is all about the gimmick that fits their current system that the game is made for.

but that's okay, GTA didn't change over the years, neither did call of duty of FiFa

games just don't change i guess i'm trying to say

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Koopaul - 10-05-2013

Super Mario Sunshine is incredibly different experience from say Super Mario Bros.

i can see where you are coming from with it since super mario bros was the beginning and sunshine is a great example of how far nintendo has come with just mario only. but i don't think other than that, that you should compare these games. it's exactly the gimmick the games offer that separates them

because you're playing around with a water hose on a tropical island? it's still mario jumping around in different levels collecting sunshines instead of stars this time. it might look different with a few new gameplay elements. but it has the same concept as super mario 64. different from the outside, the same from the inside

but that isn't a bad thing, infact i love it. it gives it the special feeling of nostalgia, something nintendo does best

Not entirely. Super Mario Bros. is about getting to the goal in a linear fashion while 64/Sunshine is about completing missions in an open environment.

And yes there has to still be jumping on enemies and collecting coins in these games otherwise it wouldn't be Mario. But what they did was change thing enough so it maintains its identity as Mario but becomes its own unique beast.

Here's the thing... I think the Pokemon objective should always be about capturing Pokemon, training them, and collecting badges to gain access to the Elite Four. That must stay, because that's what makes these games true Pokemon games.

However everything else could change. Why three starters Grass, Fire, Water? Why are we always fighting some Team? Why must you always have some designated friend or rival at the start of the game? Why do the legendaries have to tie into the plots now? Why must we have a specific order in which we must obtain badges? Why must there always be a professor?

spritzee's evolution revealed

it think i will get to a point next week when i own the game that i will accept it's evolution

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Koh - 10-05-2013

(10-05-2013, 06:11 AM)Koopaul Wrote: Koop's Post
Even Super Mario 64 dramatically changed the Mario format, while still being Mario. I just wish Pokemon would do something similar; we had games like Gale of Darkness as a side thing, but I never got to experience that. Supposedly, it had a much more mature story and was slightly darker. Why can't a main series game be like that?

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - TomGuycott - 10-05-2013

Because the main series is trying to appeal to a demographic as young as 7, Koh. That was mentioned before. It has to be approachable by young kids.

Also you keep saying to make changes compared to Mario, but they already MADE those steps. You don't even know what the hell it is you want and you just want to whine.

That's not an excuse to use the same format though. You can appeal to younger demographics while changing things up. It can be dark, but still be for kids. Not everything has to be rainbows and sunshine. Think about Bambi, for example. Opens up with a tragedy, yet still ends Happily Ever After, and was a kids movie. Even the Lion King. Not sure if there was any death in Gale of Darkness, but it was darker for other reasons if I'm not mistaken.

I know exactly what I want from them; I want a change in the old tired formula with the story and more ways to approach the world. Even if badges are still going to be the thing, changing up the way we get them could be a thing, like what the anime did with the Orange Island Gyms. Some sort of challenge + battles that differ with rules across each Gym.

You see the problem here? You are making generalizations about a game you never even played. I'm not going to lie and say I know much more about the game, but I have both SEEN and READ about the game, and the only "dark" aspect i recall was "dark Pokemon", which was ultimately just Pokemon with some dark fog on them that got a Shadow type and Shadow moves. The game STILL had an evil organization out to control a legendary Pokemon (Shadow Lugia) and take over the world.

Your complaints MAKE NO SENSE. Just say you want a darker Pokemon game (which is never happening any time soon, champ), just STOP making baseless comparisons that HURT your position.

See I don't really care about a darker story, they'd probably screw it up anyway. I just rather see them get rid of the things that got stale over the years.

(10-05-2013, 07:42 AM)Koh Wrote: I know exactly what I want from them; I want a change in the old tired formula with the story and more ways to approach the world. Even if badges are still going to be the thing, changing up the way we get them could be a thing, like what the anime did with the Orange Island Gyms. Some sort of challenge + battles that differ with rules across each Gym.
Actually, this could work even further. The Battle Frontier has some nice rules that could be applied to Gyms in moderation, like only choosing X number of Pokemon for the Gym, like 3 ala Battle Tower, for a 3 on 3 inside the Gym. There could be a roulette ala Battle Arcade that decides the format for each battle in the Gym (Single, Double, Triple, Multi, Rotation, etc.). Or if you have to battle a set number of Trainers to earn points, earning enough to reach the Gym Leader, etc.

Then if we were to keep this whole Team X spiel, instead of them being involved with the legendary for the 5th time, they could instead be out to get one of every Pokemon to experiment on, out to build the ultimate Pokemon from cells of every Pokemon, and make a synthetic Pokemon army. The team grunts would have a few synthetic Pokemon, created from these experiments, in their roster, that your Pokedex won't recognize. The final battle would obviously be against the leader of this team, whose final Pokemon is this ultimate synthetic Pokemon beast (which would be pretty strong and have a ton of HP), and it couldn't be caught, but may be befriended if they want to go through the whole "synthetic Pokemon are living creatures too!" ordeal and have you befriend it.

If the Synthetic idea wasn't creative enough, we could also take it a step further and have it about android Pokemon; part Pokemon, part Machine, increasing their abilities ten fold. The team would still be aiming to make a bunch of these as an army, and one ultimate one for ultimate power, but now we'd be dealing with machinery as well, with the same morals they'd probably shove in about synthetic creatures having feelings too.

As for the region, something new as usual, but something that has a lot of branching paths, and 16 badges to collect for the league. This would allow for a few path choices, while requiring the other path needing travelling, but there'd be no set order on a path of two or more choices. Basically, all paths have to be done before the next fork in the road. There'd be plenty of side areas and caves to explore on the player's choice, each with their own reward for doing so, like new Pokemon, new Technical Machines or maybe even a non-required HM like Waterfall. OF course the team would be encountered frequently throughout the journey, and you'd have rivals and the other usual stuff, but magnified so that you actually care about the characters, in either a love, love/hate, or hate relationship.

Some Gym Leaders would specialize in a single type, while others specialize in a dual type, like Dark/Ghost.

The starters can either be of the standard Fire/Water/Grass, or a new wheel like Ice/Fighting/Flying. There doesn't necessarily have to be a Professor, but if so, they could be another female whose career is to study Pokemon interacting with technology, while jumpstarting newbie trainers.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Ton - 10-05-2013

This topic is now about Goomy.

Who's Goomy? What do you think of those ideas up there?

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - DioShiba - 10-05-2013

Too long; Didn't Read all of it.

Jesus Christ, it's like I'm trying to read a dictionary. Half of those ideas don't even make any sense or they're just plain stupid.

This topic IS about Goomy. Have you seen what it becomes?? SO adorable o: