The VG Resource
General Pokemon Discussion - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: General Pokemon Discussion (/thread-7991.html)

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - GrooveMan.exe - 07-29-2009

Haven't we had this conversation already?

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Raytheon - 07-29-2009

Yes,
Emerald owned.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - DioShiba - 07-29-2009

Emerald was probably the better of the generation 3 games seeing it had more to do then Rub and Sapphire.

and to be honest I wouldn't mind a generation 3 remake as long as they include the battle frontier and a day and night system and a few more features, it's only another 3 years to wait before we get one.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Vipershark - 07-29-2009

(07-29-2009, 02:26 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote:
(07-29-2009, 01:30 PM)Vipershark Wrote: which is perfectly fine with me seeing as gen 3 sucked

You've barely even PLAYED Gen 3.

Don't talk about things you don't understand.

yeah, um
I definitely have had (it got stolen) sapphire. I played it a lot. I don't consider FRLG to be gen3, but I've beaten them already.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Cshad - 07-30-2009

(07-29-2009, 11:01 PM)Vipershark Wrote:
(07-29-2009, 01:30 PM)Vipershark Wrote: which is perfectly fine with me seeing as gen 3 sucked

yeah, um
I definitely have had (it got stolen) sapphire. I played it a lot. I don't consider FRLG to be gen3, but I've beaten them already.

(07-29-2009, 03:55 PM)-The Raytheon Experience- Wrote: Yes,
Emerald owned.

(07-29-2009, 04:23 PM)Blackward Wrote: Emerald was probably the better of the generation 3 games seeing it had more to do then Rub and Sapphire.

and to be honest I wouldn't mind a generation 3 remake as long as they include the battle frontier and a day and night system and a few more features, it's only another 3 years to wait before we get one.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Ravecat - 07-30-2009

Emerald owned? Thanks! Big Grin

But really Gen3 is my favourite, besides loving Gen4 for the phsyical split and online play.

I love the graphics, the atmosphere especially, the cities, secret bases, everything.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - GrooveMan.exe - 07-30-2009

yeah, um

You've also said (either in this thread or a different one) that you didn't play the game for more than 10 minutes, possibly because you have the attention span of a spider monkey.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - cranky_cunt2acca03e - 07-30-2009

gen 3 was best hands down. emerald is the best poekmon game, gen 3 had the best designed pokemon, the story for emerald was fucking EPIC, the region was fun and interesting. i love how it was very ocean based. dive was better than waterfall and rock climb and everything really. dive was a great HM. the legendaries were the funnest to find and catch.

gen 3 the best gen. hands. fucking down.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - GrooveMan.exe - 07-30-2009

(07-30-2009, 06:03 AM)cranky_cunt2acca03e Wrote: gen 3 was best hands down. emerald is the best poekmon game, gen 3 had the best designed pokemon, the story for emerald was fucking EPIC, the region was fun and interesting. i love how it was very ocean based. dive was better than waterfall and rock climb and everything really. dive was a great HM. the legendaries were the funnest to find and catch.

gen 3 the best gen. hands. fucking down.

You loved Dive too? Fuck yeah, high 5.
It was awesome that they put a lot of hidden areas on the sea routes. It carried over to DPPt, but they were on land (possibly a good thing, since the swim speed in DP is mad-slow).

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Nystre - 07-30-2009

I think gen3 was a rather love or hate generation (most people fall towards the latter)

I can't see at all how you could say it had the best designed pokemon though, I can hardly remember half of them and of the ones I remember there are only two or three that I liked :C

I didn't like at all how it was water based. Dive was cool, but otherwise sailing around was mind numbingly boring.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Ravecat - 07-30-2009

Come to think of it, jesus, the story was really epic in comparison to the usual.
The whole Groudon VS Kyogre battle themes were really fun.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Wes - 07-30-2009

I never had Emerald, but I played Saphire and liked it a lot. Gen 3 is probably my least favorite still, though. I didn't like how it was a step down from GSC witht he Day/Night thing, becuase that was one of the coolest partgs of GSC. I also didn't like most of the POkemon designs. Some were cool, but a lot just seemed stupid to me.

The transition from gen 2 to 3 seemed to lack something in terms of pokemon designs. A lot of them felt pretty bad (but some were awesome), it feels like generation 4 filled that kind of gap in terms of design (imo) despite a lot of gen 4 being evolutions to previous generation pokemon.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Vipershark - 07-30-2009

(07-30-2009, 06:00 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote:

yeah, um

You've also said (either in this thread or a different one) that you didn't play the game for more than 10 minutes, possibly because you have the attention span of a spider monkey.

Talking about Emerald, not Sapphire.
I got up to the E.4 before Sapphire got stolen.
Also @Cshad: Emerald =/= the entire gen3
(07-30-2009, 08:12 AM)EpicWes Wrote: I never had Emerald, but I played Saphire and liked it a lot. Gen 3 is probably my least favorite still, though. I didn't like how it was a step down from GSC witht he Day/Night thing, becuase that was one of the coolest partgs of GSC. I also didn't like most of the POkemon designs. Some were cool, but a lot just seemed stupid to me.

also this

You're complaining that Sapphire sucked when everyone (minus a few) has pretty much said that Ruby and Sapphire sucked a lot. Emerald was superior in every way and pretty much was generation 3.

EDIT: How would you know whether or not Emerald was any good when apparently you have not played it for more than 10 minutes.