The VG Resource
General Pokemon Discussion - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: General Pokemon Discussion (/thread-7991.html)

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Alex - 07-27-2009

Shadow Tag, Encore and Mirror Coat/Counter makes it stupidly easy to kill your opponent.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Wes - 07-27-2009

(07-27-2009, 09:40 PM)Blackward Wrote: can someone explain to me how wobbefett and wynaut is considered uber tier

I never really got this
Shadow Tag prevents the opponent from switching. The opponent uses an attack move, which Wobbuffet survives easily with its fuckton of HP, and You encore to make sure they keep attacking. Then Mirror Coat/Counter to hit back with double the damage. He can also have Safeguard (to stop the opponent from lowering your defense and taking you out) and Destiny Bond (as a garunteed way to take out an opponent incase you do run low on health).

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Cshad - 07-27-2009

Especially if you play it correctly. Every team runs a choiced pokemon (or should), switch into the choiced pokemon and you have your kill. Wob can also come back repeatedly with Wish support. Wob can also run encore if he runs into a pokemon that is able to set up to kill him, letting you effectively bring in the counter. Blissey and pokemon that can use trick are not counter because you dont switch into them. You have someone else kill them (blissey) and only switch in after the kill.

Wob is the ultimate Revenge Killer :/

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Novalse - 07-29-2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4GlZHxmrY8

Most likely fake , but may be true.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Helmo - 07-29-2009

Only way that's going to happen is for Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza, and I don't think Kyogre and Rayquaza wouldn't have much trouble traveling to another reigon. Groudon however could have difficulty, but they would just make up some reason like "he made more land and walked across in search of Kyogre" or something like that. They're trying to make all the 3rd generation pokemon available through the newer games since the DSi has no GBA slot, so maybe a poke-radar but going to Hoenn seems unlikely. It would be pretty cool to travel to all the reigons and get all the badges, like in the original G/S/C though. If HG/SS really had all that D/P/Pt would suck and be good only for getting the 4th gen pokemon Sad

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - DioShiba - 07-29-2009

this whole hoenn thing looks like a load of bullshit
I have my doubts that they'd be able to fit 3 regions in one slot, sure you got the SD card to save shit but if this was ture then nintendo would have to bother making download-able content, making it DSi exclusive

plus, cell phone picture, for all we know it could be kanto in low quality

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Novalse - 07-29-2009

It isn't kanto. the routes are wrong... maybe it's the sevii islands? It would make sense to add those... they are kanto.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - DioShiba - 07-29-2009

(07-29-2009, 12:00 PM)Pokémon Trainer ♂ Z1ggyZ00 Wrote: It isn't kanto. the routes are wrong... maybe it's the sevii islands? It would make sense to add those... they are kanto.

well you do have a point there

still, If gamefreak really wanted to add in hoenn, they might have to do it through DLC, or if nintendo is giving them a higher storage data for a DS card to do so. I still have doubts of it happening

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - GrooveMan.exe - 07-29-2009

(07-29-2009, 11:11 AM)Sam Wrote: Only way that's going to happen is for Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza, and I don't think Kyogre and Rayquaza wouldn't have much trouble traveling to another reigon. Groudon however could have difficulty, but they would just make up some reason like "he made more land and walked across in search of Kyogre" or something like that. They're trying to make all the 3rd generation pokemon available through the newer games since the DSi has no GBA slot, so maybe a poke-radar but going to Hoenn seems unlikely. It would be pretty cool to travel to all the reigons and get all the badges, like in the original G/S/C though. If HG/SS really had all that D/P/Pt would suck and be good only for getting the 4th gen pokemon Sad

Seas aren't infinitely deep. Groudon can travel underground.

Hoenn isn't going to happen - mostly because it would undermine the idea of this being a remake of a specific game, rather than an amalgam of all previous gens.

It also means they wouldn't get the luxury of a Gen 3 remake in the future.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Vipershark - 07-29-2009

which is perfectly fine with me seeing as gen 3 sucked

(07-29-2009, 12:39 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: Seas aren't infinitely deep. Groudon can travel underground.

Hoenn isn't going to happen - mostly because it would undermine the idea of this being a remake of a specific game, rather than an amalgam of all previous gens.

It also means they wouldn't get the luxury of a Gen 3 remake in the future.

I always forget he can go underground because he's so big Embarassed
and I know they'd never add Hoenn anyways, as that would make HG/SS more than a remake.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Ark Kuvis - 07-29-2009

(07-29-2009, 01:30 PM)Vipershark Wrote: which is perfectly fine with me seeing as gen 3 sucked

I respect your opinion.

but no.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - GrooveMan.exe - 07-29-2009

(07-29-2009, 01:30 PM)Vipershark Wrote: which is perfectly fine with me seeing as gen 3 sucked

You've barely even PLAYED Gen 3.

Don't talk about things you don't understand.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Cshad - 07-29-2009

Emerald was great what are you talking about Viper

Gen 3 was so underrated :<
Good music, good pokemon, etc.
Edit: Im still sleepy so I won't be too specific...