The VG Resource
Costumes (Will reopen later- NO NEW COSTUME IDEAS FOR NOW) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Costumes (Will reopen later- NO NEW COSTUME IDEAS FOR NOW) (/thread-8166.html)

RE: Costumes - AEM - 08-06-2009

(08-04-2009, 05:53 PM)Brawler1207 Wrote: @Ariand54321: Ughhh! We went over this, Scoruge (even though he is cool, me being a Sonic Comic reader) cannot be an alternate costume due to the fact that he only appeared in the comics not any games and also goes against the rules that TonBerry put up a character's costume change CANNOT be a different character!
Well, I didn't see the above comments, if so then Sonic should be SOnic Riders, with Mario Following up as Sunshine Outfit Mario.

RE: Costumes - D2S-Speed - 08-06-2009

(08-06-2009, 02:39 AM)Ariand54321 Wrote:
(08-04-2009, 05:53 PM)Brawler1207 Wrote: @Ariand54321: Ughhh! We went over this, Scoruge (even though he is cool, me being a Sonic Comic reader) cannot be an alternate costume due to the fact that he only appeared in the comics not any games and also goes against the rules that TonBerry put up a character's costume change CANNOT be a different character!
Well, I didn't see the above comments, if so then Sonic should be SOnic Riders, with Mario Following up as Sunshine Outfit Mario.

Oh okay my bad didn't know that well I kinda agree for Sunshine Mario's Outfit and Sonic Riders!

RE: Costumes - $uperLugia95 - 08-08-2009

I think for Charizard and the pokemon they should turn into shiny Pokemon. [Image: s_charizard.png] Sonic should be classic Sonic and Mario into Paper Mario.

RE: Costumes - Ton - 08-08-2009

So you want to waste a whole costume slot on one extra color?

RE: Costumes - Wes - 08-08-2009

Well alternate colors and costumes are different things. Colors are what all characters have in Brawl right now. Just clothes and stuff recolored. Costumes are changes to the acual model.

Mario with red and white (fire Mario) is an alternate color. Mario with no hat, white pants and a lab coat (Dr. Mario) is a costume. Pokemon shiny colors are aternate colors.

RE: Costumes - Kirbyfan - 08-08-2009

Well, what else can you do with Pokemon?

RE: Costumes - Negative-Zer0 - 08-08-2009

Why don't we make the costumes either downloadable or unlockable.

RE: Costumes - Ton - 08-08-2009

It was always my plan to have costumes unlockable.

(08-08-2009, 08:20 PM)Wes Wrote: Well alternate colors and costumes are different things. Colors are what all characters have in Brawl right now. Just clothes and stuff recolored. Costumes are changes to the acual model.

Mario with red and white (fire Mario) is an alternate color. Mario with no hat, white pants and a lab coat (Dr. Mario) is a costume. Pokemon shiny colors are aternate colors.

Thanks that really cleared things up!!

RE: Costumes - Zach (KK) - 08-08-2009

Downloadable costumes/characters would be cool...

(08-08-2009, 09:25 PM)Kirbyfan Wrote: Well, what else can you do with Pokemon?

Pokemon really shouldn't have costumes but here's an idea for pikachu
[Image: wait.png]

RE: Costumes - JoshR691 - 08-09-2009

I don't think anything from the Anime should be included, it really doesn't have much to do with the games...The Unfortunate thing with Pikachu (And Jigglypuff) is that all of their 'colors' are basically different Costumes (Technically, some of them have a slight color change to go with the hat/whatever they have on).

The Easiest thing to do for Pikachu is to go back to the N64 Party Hats, and maybe also have his little Cowboy hat too(of course, that would mean he's have two green hats, so it would be confusing...).

Since I mentioned it, Jigglypuff could also have her Bows or Melee Costumes (Since The Flower's still in Brawl, the Original Flower costume could be a Red Bow, or something else...)

Pokemon Trainer has a little more Flexibility (At least the Trainer does). My original idea was having 'Gold' as the Alternate Costume, but having a Trainer from a different Generation would be confusing, why would they have the Kanto Starters? That, and we stated that a character can't become another characters, so that's out...
Maybe the Trainer should stay the same? Have the old R/B/Y Outfit? Be the Female/Rival from Kanto? The Pokemon Trainer has a few choices, but out of the ones I just typed, I'd either go with 'Rival' or 'Classic' since Female might be a stretch(especially if there's going to be voices), and no one really wants to see him stay the same...

Link and Toon Link have more Flexibility as well, They could have something as subtle as a Sword/Shield change to a completely different outfit.
Toon Link could have Ezlo as a Costume(With him Constantly being up, 'watching' the fight), with the Four Sword...He could also have a Young Link Reference (Wooden Sheild & Kokiri Sword, would only work if Young Link isn't a character), or he could just be in his Crawfish PJ's, Which makes the most sense for Toon Link, since the one in Brawl is mainly based off of the PH/WW Link(Mostly WW).
Link, if he keeps his Twilight Princess Getup, could have OoT Link, Fierce Deity Link, his Work Clothes, The Twilight Princess Zora Tunic, and basically most of the other Links from the Past games. These are mainly ideas, I don't really have one set in my mind...

That's about it...I can't really give my opinions on the rest of the characters, since, for the most part, I'm not too familiar with them. That and the others that I could give my opinion on have been said like a thousand times already

RE: Costumes - Ton - 08-09-2009

I think the anime has some importance. Look at the Misty trophy from Melee, after all.

RE: Costumes - $uperLugia95 - 08-09-2009

The anime does have importance since Pokemon Yellow is actually a play-on to the anime. For the color swap the pokemon should change to shiny pokemon and dark pokemon. For costume ideas turn to the anime.(if you want)

RE: Costumes - Koopaul - 08-09-2009

JoshR, I already made that Party hat Pikachu suggestion.

We sorta agreed on a Party hat notch tail combo.