The VG Resource
POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+------ Forum: Pokemon (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-69.html)
+------ Thread: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED (/thread-22294.html)

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Garamonde - 01-10-2013

Garbodor is also a cool Pokémon~

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Rosencrantz - 01-10-2013

(01-10-2013, 01:19 PM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: Well Grimer and Muk are just piles of sludge and I think they're both cool looking Pokemon.

Then there's the Voltorb/Electrode line of balls, Eggsecute being a mass of eggs, the Magnemite/Magneton line of stock parts, plain-looking animals like Ratata/Raticate/Vulpix/Seel/Dewgong/Krabby/Kingler/Horsea/Goldeen...

I just wish people would stop with trying to pull complaints about new-generation Pokemon designs when the earlier generations had the same "problems".
except gen 3, gen 3 had almost no problems in their pokemon designs

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - RokuGurin - 01-10-2013

(01-10-2013, 12:51 PM)Makermatic21 Wrote: Let's hope they have some good ideas and don't make anymore object Pokemon like LITWIC and VANILICE. Man was that stupid! Talk about running out of ideas.

(Rant mode initiated)

Ugh, I hate it when people say this!! So just because you don't like the designs means Game Freak is running out of ideas? Get over yourself! The creativity escalates with every generation! And don't tell me Pokemon like Trubbish, Litwick and Vannilice were horrible designs when generation 1, the generation everyone drools over, gave us a pile of sludge (yeah, because that isn't in every RPG game), and a whack-a-mole that evolves into three whack-a-moles. How does that even work?!

(But then again, we have fish that evolve into octopi, so I dunno...)

And as Rosencrantz said, there were some plain looking Pokemon back then. There is no way Game Freak is running out of ideas. Again, that's a contradicting statement because these Pokemon wouldn't even exist if they ran out of ideas.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Maxpphire - 01-11-2013

(01-10-2013, 06:20 PM)Rosencrantz Wrote: except gen 3, gen 3 had almost no problems in their pokemon designs

Uhhhh Luvdisc would like to have a word with you. (All gens had piss poor designs, I think gen 3 has some of the worst while still having some of the best at the same time if that makes any sense????????????)

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Mutsukki - 01-11-2013

I would say that Gen 3 is my least favorite in matters of Pokémon design overall. I gues it all comes down to opinion on this, since 3 has some I really like, but also most that I hate. Some design are argually stupid and thoughless, but idk, it's to be expected in a series with over 600 different designs?

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - puggsoy - 01-11-2013

(01-11-2013, 04:34 PM)Mutsukki Wrote: Some design are argually stupid and thoughless, but idk, it's to be expected in a series with over 600 different designs?

This. I've seen Pokemon that I didn't think would be classified as Pokemon at all if that world existed (Gen 5 has a bunch of unnatural Pokemon which took me a while to accept), but I mean it's not something I wouldn't have expected. It'd be a difficult (if not impossible) feat to make this many different and interesting Pokemon, yet please everyone about every aspect. There will always be some Pokemon that someone won't like for one reason or another.

I mean I can't really make much discussion on this topic since I'm not exactly well-versed in all the generations, most of the time I can only really remember Pokemon of the game I'm currently playing. I even completely missed out on Gen 4, didn't play any of the games and can't even remember all the starters. But anyway that's just my two cents on the matter.

(By the way I like Litwick's design Tongue)

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Virtuaboy123 - 01-11-2013

I don't mind the designs but i think they need to expand their species list. There are plenty of creatures,and objects that haven't been used yet so lets hope they will continue with both complex and simplistic designs.

I'd like to see some new pre-evos this gen too.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Baegal - 01-11-2013

I've never understood the point of a pre-evolution. It doesn't help statwise competitively, so why are they there?

Don't get me wrong, I love Wynaut and Mime JR., I just don't understand their role, if that makes sense? Just for cuteness?

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - NICKtendo DS - 01-11-2013

(01-11-2013, 05:46 PM)Baegal Wrote: I've never understood the point of a pre-evolution. It doesn't help statwise competitively, so why are they there?

Don't get me wrong, I love Wynaut and Mime JR., I just don't understand their role, if that makes sense? Just for cuteness?

I think it has something to do with moves only they can learn.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Garamonde - 01-11-2013

Pokémon like Pichu let their evolutions use Volt Tackle and other things.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Gaia - 01-11-2013

(01-11-2013, 05:47 PM)NICKtendo DS Wrote:
(01-11-2013, 05:46 PM)Baegal Wrote: I've never understood the point of a pre-evolution. It doesn't help statwise competitively, so why are they there?

I think it has something to do with moves only they can learn.

Plus the stat bonuses. Can't forget though. Got a pichu with good enough stats and knows Volt Tackle? Forge him into a killing machine when you evolve him into Pikachu AND take that a step further with Raichu.

(because if I rememeber, one of these each excelled at a certain stat)

Quote:Let's hope they have some good ideas and don't make anymore object Pokemon like LITWIC and VANILICE. Man was that stupid! Talk about running out of ideas.

Also, wasn't Voltorb an object pokemon (it was a ball when it evolved, it flipped upside down and grew a "U MAD" face)? Kinda condradictory there.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - puggsoy - 01-11-2013

Probably for breeding purposes too. Without pre-evolutions breeding wouldn't be impossible, but it would lessen the cuteness factor. Breeding Pikachus/Raichus together to get a Pichu is much more attractive than to get a Pikachu. That's a bad example since Pikachus are actually pretty cute, but I mean I'd rather get a Magby from Magmar or a Wynaut from Wobbuffet.

But again my brain always struggles to find the logic of why pre-evolutions are only known about in different regions and are a couple of hundred places apart in the Pokedex from their evolutions. I realise how the latter point makes sense (you're not going to rearrange the whole Pokedex), but seriously sometimes I find the former point difficult to grasp. It's not so bad with evolutions since maybe specific environments or circumstances are needed to evolve (stones and all that), but aren't pre-evolutions supposed to be the first stage of the life cycle?

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Proton - 01-11-2013

(01-11-2013, 06:11 PM)Gaia Wrote: Also, wasn't Voltorb an object pokemon (it was a ball when it evolved, it flipped upside down and grew a "U MAD" face)? Kinda condradictory there.

whoa hold up don't you drag your le reddit le meme XD bullshit to mother fucking electrode
electrode is a hero

plus, voltorb and electrode are based off an item made for pokemon, even if it is a ball

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Gaia - 01-11-2013

Well, in some cases pokemon within itself is a meme. Plus I've seen an image of Electrode with the words "U MAD?" Slapped on it during my time floating around the web.

Quote:but aren't pre-evolutions supposed to be the first stage of the life cycle?

The entire Caterprie/Weedle line does show that in a way, same with the frog-based evos, and a few birds.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Garamonde - 01-11-2013

(01-11-2013, 06:51 PM)Proton Wrote: whoa hold up don't you drag your le reddit le meme XD bullshit to mother fucking electrode
electrode is a hero

Thanking the hell out of this. Electrode is p. much the most badass object Pokémon there is.