The VG Resource
General Pokemon Discussion - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: General Pokemon Discussion (/thread-7991.html)

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - GrooveMan.exe - 07-20-2009

(07-20-2009, 06:07 PM)koopaul Wrote: @Grooveman

Well I disagree with you there. Pokemon were charming. A far greater appeal than badass.

To be charming, you'd need personality, which Pokémon (with the exception of when plot devices in the Anime called for it) decidedly lack. It didn't even become a game mechanic until Gen 3, and even then, Pokémon had no personality-based free will until Battle Dojo in Emerald and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon.

The word you're looking for is 'cute'. Which a lot of Pokémon indeed were, but that's not an infallible alternative for badass or creepy.

Also holy shit. PokémonJRPG totally needs to expand on the creepy side of Pokémon. Pokémon Tower is gonna be fun~

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Cshad - 07-20-2009

(07-20-2009, 06:01 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: And you guys, has /v/ taught you nothing? Tier lists are entirely subjective and pretty retarded.

Tier lists can be fun if you play pokemon competitively >:

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Koopaul - 07-20-2009

No like I said before when you look at Pokemon in their design you can tell they are capable of having a personality even if they don't. You could draw a happy Rhydon and it would still look okay, but try and draw a happy Lileep... well you can't.

I know you wanted to see more edgier and epic side of Pokemon. But did it need it? Does Mario need blood in his games? Does Metroid need fart jokes in it? Do Sonic characters need guns? There are things a franchise needs and doesn't. I don't feel Pokemon need to look that way.

Well this is just our opinions anyway no one is wrong or right.

I just want Pokemon to be something I want to raise and take care of, something I want on my shoulder or following me around, something I want to be friends with.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - JarJar - 07-20-2009

(07-20-2009, 06:23 PM)Cshad Wrote: Tier lists can be fun if you play pokemon competitively >:

no it doesnt

you enjoy running into blissey every damn time?
tier list battling is the most retarded thing ever, all the noobs use pokemon clearly on just high stats and overused shit without thinking how to use them with stragtegy

REAL pokemon competitive battling is overcoming strong opponents with your own team, not some premade team everyone uses.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - GrooveMan.exe - 07-20-2009

(07-20-2009, 06:23 PM)Cshad Wrote:
(07-20-2009, 06:01 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: And you guys, has /v/ taught you nothing? Tier lists are entirely subjective and pretty retarded.

Tier lists can be fun if you play pokemon competitively >:

Competitive Lists have some basis of logic in them as they're based around quantifiable stats and moovepool.

Creating tier lists because you think typhlosion looks cooler than dunspace (Protip: They both look just as shit) is entirely subjective, and a waste of time to bother drawing up unless you're trying to troll.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - DioShiba - 07-20-2009

(07-20-2009, 06:07 PM)koopaul Wrote: Claydol was ruined from the start for being ugly and unappealing.

Claydol was a cool pokemon what are you talking about?

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Zac - 07-20-2009

Anybody in the mood to wifi battle?

I seriously doubt it but I might as well try.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Phantom Killah - 07-20-2009

(07-20-2009, 07:39 PM)Zac Wrote: Anybody in the mood to wifi battle?

I seriously doubt it but I might as well try.

I'd be up to it

Awesome, my code is 4898-3118-9157

(07-20-2009, 07:48 PM)Zac Wrote: Awesome, my code is 4898-3118-9157

3352 0986 7043

edit: I'll be a few minutes, my brother has my team scattered all over my PC

Ack, do you want to try again?

(07-20-2009, 08:01 PM)Zac Wrote: Ack, do you want to try again?

yeah sure

That is one buff ambipom
Good battle man, anyone else want to go?

(07-20-2009, 08:05 PM)Zac Wrote: That is one buff ambipom
Good battle man, anyone else want to go?

heh, if only the rest of my team was as tough.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Cshad - 07-20-2009

Would anyone like to play over shoddy? My wifi isn't working atm

EDIT: Oh yes, instead of flying to japan, I'll be using my AR to soft reset for a nice Jirachi Big Grin. Would anyone like one after I clone it a few times? I'll be going down to grand forks this week and again on the 31st (for 4 days) and will have internet access during those times. Speaking of which, Zac, can I borrow Regigigas then?