The VG Resource
General Pokemon Discussion - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: General Pokemon Discussion (/thread-7991.html)

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Phantom Killah - 07-19-2009

(07-19-2009, 11:32 PM)JarJar Wrote: i can easily say that those who hate the 4th gen pokemon are those that:

didnt play the game
didnt beat the game
know nothing about the game

cuz after playing the game i easily got used to everyone and ended up liking most of em.
everyone i know who dislike 4th gen pokes are those who didnt even play it/beat it yet.

agreeing with this

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Sol - 07-19-2009

To add my two cents in, the thought that the fourth-gen Pokemon aren't original or that they're running out of ideas is just ridiculous, I believe Chad also made this point at one time; The first-gen Pokemon weren't really all that special, if anything the designs of Pokemon have gotten more creative as the Pokemon series has evolved. (teehee)

Geodude, Graveler and Golem- rocks with arms and faces
Voltorb- Pokeball with a face
Electrode- upside down Voltorb
Exeggcute- eggs with faces
Dugtrio and Magneton are also literally just 3 of their unevolved forums next to each other. What.

etc. etc.

Each generation has its cool Pokemon and its lame Pokemon, they haven't really gotten worse or anything, though.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Koopaul - 07-19-2009

No the simplicity of the Pokemon made them so good. The overly complex ones are... bleh. Also they were more cartoony back then. You see even a tough looking Pokemon like Mewtwo still had cartoon eyes while Groudon had these dark emotionless eyes.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - TailsNCream - 07-19-2009

Quote:know nothing about the game

:C

What is this prejudice ? I certainly know more because I played all the Pokemon games except the new one on DS and Wii, and I know by heart all the Pokemon anime episodes from Season 1 to 5 because in Quebec we are not important, they stopped to continue the French series.

The other reason : I'm surely older, and that's normal if you first saw the 4th generation anime you will prefer it over the others one you never saw. Anyway. I never said the 4th generation is bad, I was talking about the Pokemon appearance.

[Image: 426.jpg]

WTF is that !?

Quote:everyone i know who dislike 4th gen pokes are those who didnt even play it/beat it yet.

Never beat it ? Just need to battle for hours and get level 99 and then try to lose. Impossible.

Other things I don't like from the 4th Generation :
- Too much "Legendaries"
- Rival boring (Silver was the best)
- Etc Etc Etc

And as I saw, people was more waiting for The Pokemon Gold remake than the 4th Generation (2-3 Pokemon forums, YouTube, Real life, MSN, etc.)
Anyway, in my own opinion :

Generation 2 > Generation 1 > Generation 3 > Generation 4

Is it possible that I write better than some people ? o.o And I'm a f**king Frenchie

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Zac - 07-19-2009

Generaation 4's biggest let-down was the sheer amount of generic legendarys, every time I log on to battle revolution I'm fighting all kinds palkias and dailgas. I don't use "exotic" pokemon so that's a huge minus for me.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Cshad - 07-20-2009

I don't quite understand how you can say the fourth generation pokemon are "fucked up". Look at Flareon for example, its just a fire-y dog with a bushy mane and log ears. Drifblim is a ghost blimp. That is a very original and out there concept, interesting to look at, I cannot understand how it is "fucked up". You also cant compare the 4th and 1st generation pokemon for a variety of reasons. One of them is that the gradual design change, and the concepts getting more and more original has been happening in each new generation. Every time I see a discussion about pokemon design, its 4th gen vs 1st gen. What about the 3rd generation? The third generation's pokemon had some very interesting concepts (albeit, some were very disappointing), but pokemon like Metagross, Jirachi, Registeel, Ralts/Gardevoir, Breloom, L@tias, Castform, etc were all great pokemon, good designs, fun to use, etc. The change of design and how original they have been becoming has been a gradual change over time, it didn't just happen in the 4th gen.

Secondly,
Quote:No the simplicity of the Pokemon made them so good. The overly complex ones are... bleh. You see even a tough looking Pokemon like Mewtwo still had cartoon eyes while Groudon had these dark emotionless eyes.

This is not a good reason to complain. People were restricted by the technology they were using, now that we have more freedom we are able to make the designs more than just a little bump popping out of the ground :/. About the last part of that, Mewtwo and Groudon are two separate pokemon, two separate types, with completely different anatomy. Would you rather all the pokemon looked the same? Mewtwo and Groudon were also designed with different intentions in mind, Groundon was meant to be an "emotionless" badass legendary pokemon.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Rökkan - 07-20-2009

Although the first generation didn't take it too seriously and had pokemon like Magneton and Dugtrio, they were pretty consistent and had more charisma. Third generation had some good pokemon, but some of them were pretty lame and some others were just too strange. Fourth generation is like a third generation but kicking twice the ass. It had a lot of very weird pokemon that doesn't look ANYTHING like the first generation, but it also had a lot of awesome pokemon too. Ramparados comes to mind.
Forth generation however had too much "legendaries" as he said. Come the fucking ON, conquer of time, space, nightmares, another dimension, and of course the GOD POKEMON.

Mewtwo was just an artificial pokemon and it kicked ass.
Arceus is GOD and it doesn't.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Cshad - 07-20-2009

In the second/third pokemon movie we technically had "god" pokemon with the way the role of the Legendaries birds was portrayed.

@Zac: If you're worried about "exclusive" pokemon, pokemon like Metagross, Tyranitar, Blissey, Skarmory, Forretress, Garchomp, and Wobbefet are very good pokemon to use in the ubers metagame.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - cranky_cunt2acca03e - 07-20-2009

why cant old schol fans just accept that all pokemon are pokemon regardless of what you think. if gamefreak says they are pokemon they are. being cartoon and simple isnt a plus, unless your a toddler and your brain cant comprehend any more complex design. its like saying wearing burlap sacks for underwear is better because its simpler in design than modern underwear. it juist doesnt make sense and is obviously only justification as to why you need to be close minded because you 'grew up' with the oldies.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - TailsNCream - 07-20-2009

I randomly found that : http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.98602?page=4

And anyway, I repeat : I just don't like the new Pokemon appearance. They rush, they just rush to create the most as they can.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Phantom Killah - 07-20-2009

the only point I can agree with you on Tailsnscream is that there are way too many stupid legendaries in 4th gen.
and what makes you think the 4th gen Pokemon were rushed?

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Neslug - 07-20-2009

Fourth gen was far more creative than third gen regarding the designs, in my honest opinion. Well Aggron was awesome, that I can admit. And just because Dugtrio is three Diglett, Magneton is three Magnemites, Slowbro is Slowpoke with a shell on its tail and Blastoise is a blue turtle with water cannons doesn't mean they are the definition of creative.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - GrooveMan.exe - 07-20-2009

(07-20-2009, 02:17 AM)TailsNCream Wrote: I randomly found that : http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.98602?page=4

And anyway, I repeat : I just don't like the new Pokemon appearance. They rush, they just rush to create the most as they can.

Way to pull excuses out of your ass.

Gen 4 had awesome Pokémon
Torterra
Lucario
Gallade
Dusknoir
Cresselia
MOTHER FUCKING VESPIQUEN, QUEEN OF BUG POKEMON
Azelf
Bronsor (So cute!)
Roserade
Spiritomb
Electivire
Darkrai
MOTHER FUCKING ROTOM, KING OF GHOSTS
And I for one thought SpacePenis and TimeVagina were cool. DimensionCentipede too.

Enjoy your shitty Tangela, Diglett, and Goldeen; nostalgiafag.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Wes - 07-20-2009

For some reason I didn't really like most of the 3rd gen's designs, but 4th gen was alright. It had some really cool ones, but as said before there were too many legendaries (something like 14 total). and I think 3rd gen had like 10. Compared to 1st gen (5) and 2nd gen (6). 2nd Gen will always be my favorite.

Oh, and in its defense, 4th gen had motherfucking Rampardos. a T-Rex pokemon is bound to be awesome.

RE: General Pokemon Discussion - Helmo - 07-20-2009

I liked the 1 generation because they were toony. Generation 2 was... well colorful(?). Generation 3 had plenty of powerful pokemon with cool designs. Generation 4 was more creative, and had plenty of new evolutions and good pokemon, but lacked fire types.