The VG Resource
POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+------ Forum: Pokemon (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-69.html)
+------ Thread: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED (/thread-22294.html)

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Koh - 08-23-2013

Just thought about something else. After seeing the gameplay videos again I can see the Pokemon are more expressionate when attacking. I just hope they use them for other instances than that as well. It's pretty silly for a Pokemon to have a smile plastered on its face when its HP is in the red or yellow.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Koh - 08-26-2013

Quick update post:

http://serebii.net/xy/pokemonamie.shtml

Scroll down to see the In Battle section. They seem to have found that Pokemon Amie also affects performance in battle for Pokemon. They're still confirming what other things Amie may affect, but so far it shows it affects the text, critical hits and evasion. It seems caring for your Pokemon on a more personal level will help yield better results in battle. I like the concept and all, but I'm wondering if it'll be tedious or not. How long it takes, for example, and how often it needs to be done. Think about hunger systems made annoying in games like Minecraft (you can't jump around too much, or else your hunger meter drops extremely fast), dungeon crawlers (hunger increases every few steps, so you're constantly on the lookout for food, if your character doesn't die first), or survival games. It doesn't HAVE to be annoying, but I'm getting bad vibes. Hopefully, it isn't; it doesn't seem like something that'd hinder gameplay.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Chaoxys - 08-26-2013

So basically, it looks like the stat that Pokemon Amie effects is essentially the "Luck" stat of the pokemon series.

As for hunger, I highly doubt it's going to be like minecraft. It's most likely to make it so your pokemon aren't always dodging attacks and what not. Haven't fed or played with Pikachu in a while? Well his luck will most likely start to drop as a result.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Baegal - 08-26-2013

That's funny--I've always thought there was some sort of hidden luck stat with happiness in the older games because it seems like all of the pokemon that never had high happiness stats (herbs. What can I say I'm cheap :I) seemed to have horrible luck compared to others

I'm sure I was just imaging it but this makes it much more interesting HO HO HO

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Koopaul - 09-04-2013

There was a 20 minute Nintendo Direct on Pokemon X & Y. 90% of it was them blabbering on about the past games and reiterating what the previous person just said.

But what they did reveal was that there is a new online system called "Pokemon Bank" that allows you to store thousands of Pokemon and transfer them to future games. They claim this system will last for a long time so there will be an annual fee...

Also they showed Mega Venusaur, Mega Charizard, and Mega Blastoise.

And that's it. 20 minutes and that's it.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Helmo - 09-04-2013

Pokemon Box RS online... so if I don't pay do I lose all my pokemon?

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Koh - 09-04-2013

Nothing lasts forever. The moment X and Y become outdated, there's only a couple of years left on those servers before they're shut down or wiped for the new games. Everyone's data will be lost. Pretty shit move if you ask me.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Chaoxys - 09-04-2013

(09-04-2013, 10:28 AM)Koh Wrote: Nothing lasts forever. The moment X and Y become outdated, there's only a couple of years left on those servers before they're shut down or wiped for the new games. Everyone's data will be lost. Pretty shit move if you ask me.
I believe they said they will use it for future pokemon games/gens as well, so it's not simply going to get wiped. Considering they've wanted to add this since Pokemon Crystal, and the fact that it will make transfering your pokemon from old games to newer ones as easy as possible, yeah, I don't see them simply dropping it.

(09-04-2013, 06:36 AM)Koopaul Wrote: But what they did reveal was that there is a new online system called "Pokemon Bank" that allows you to store thousands of Pokemon and transfer them to future games. They claim this system will last for a long time so there will be an annual fee...
... Of a measly $5 a year (so about .42 a month). Also you get a month free starting on Christmas. Honestly, I'd rather pay $5 just so I don't have to transfer my 500+ pokemon over from B/B2 6 at a time.

(09-04-2013, 06:36 AM)Koopaul Wrote: And that's it. 20 minutes and that's it.
[Image: 29lbe6p.jpg]
There was also a new alpaca pokemon. That and they seemed to have implied that there will be a lot of Mega Evolutions, I don't remember the exact wording though.

(09-04-2013, 07:58 AM)Pugnificent Wrote: Pokemon Box RS online... so if I don't pay do I lose all my pokemon?
From what I've been hearing, it seems like you have an account set up so even if you don't pay, you don't lose your pokemon. I'd be willing to guess that if you don't pay, you simply can't add any pokemon to your bank, but you can potentially withdraw them still.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - A.J. Nitro - 09-04-2013

So, did they say we could get the 1st Gen Starts as soon as we meet the professor at the beginning or is it supposed to be much later in the game?

(09-04-2013, 04:10 PM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: So, did they say we could get the 1st Gen Starts as soon as we meet the professor at the beginning or is it supposed to be much later in the game?

From what I can tell, it will most likely be around the 2nd or 3rd gym. The professor is located in the large central city if I remember correctly and I think they said you get your Kanto starter upon meeting him. I guess since you get your starter from a friend, it's more like the Kanto starters are also the Kalos starters, you just happened to get a pokemon before it.

Squirtle or Charmander. Either way, there will be some breeding done, So I can full evolve one for the Pokedex. I like them best in their first forms. Though it's pretty funny you'll have two starting Pokemon by that point. I wonder if they're going to give one starter from each generation...I only say that, because Yellow was the only game in which you can get all of the regional starters in one playthrough, no trading. To be able to get one from each generation would at least be one of those things.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Garamonde - 09-04-2013

(09-04-2013, 05:47 PM)Koh Wrote: I wonder if they're going to give one starter from each generation...

I'll admt this would be cool but it'd probably be too much "giving out" of rare Pokémon.

I think they are giving out the Kanto starters since it's been a while since we've had easy access to them. You can get one of them in HG/SS after you get all 16 badges and beat Red which would be rather time consuming and could easily be missed.

(09-04-2013, 05:52 PM)Axle the Red Wrote:
(09-04-2013, 05:47 PM)Koh Wrote: I wonder if they're going to give one starter from each generation...

I'll admt this would be cool but it'd probably be too much "giving out" of rare Pokémon.
Couldn't you get one from each gen in HG/SS? Johto's from the main journey, Kanto's after all badges, Hoenn from Steven Stone, and I forgot if you could get a Sinnoh one or not. I thought you could.

No you can't which make sense seeing as D/P had just come out previously. The other starters were there since there wasn't any other way to get them without having to get a GBA or to an original DS. I have a feeling that we will have a chance at gen 3 starters soon since they are only late game bonuses in HG/SS, so it wouldn't surprise me to see a Gen 3 remake soon, or at least to see Treeko and Mudkip as wifi bonuses along with Torchic.