The VG Resource
General Pokemon Discussion - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: General Pokemon Discussion (/thread-7991.html)

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - Phantom Killah - 07-08-2009

(07-08-2009, 06:19 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: Princess is kidnapped. You go rescue her and tap that ass. NSMB interpreted that slightly differently.

Although I admit that I've drifted off topic. My point on saying that since the only thing that changes between each Pokémon game is the map and the battle mechanics, it stands to reason that each Gen is an improvement over the last.

The only thing that gets in the way of that theory are the Pokémon available. I do concede that the amount of Pokemon available in Ru/Sa was restricted, although they were all hard-coded into the game, but then since DPPt has access to the most Pokémon, that should make it the best incarnation anyway. :V

I think I understand what you're getting at, and I agree that each gen is an improvement of the last in most ways. I'm just saying that newer games aren't objectively better than older games.

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - Cshad - 07-08-2009

I wonder if the Red Gyarados will have shitty iv's just like it did in GSC.

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - Phantom Killah - 07-08-2009

(07-08-2009, 06:34 PM)Cshad Wrote: I wonder if the Red Gyarados will have shitty iv's just like it did in GSC.

IVs are pretty trivial anyway so why does it really matter

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - GrooveMan.exe - 07-08-2009

(07-08-2009, 06:31 PM)Phantom K Wrote:
(07-08-2009, 06:19 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: Princess is kidnapped. You go rescue her and tap that ass. NSMB interpreted that slightly differently.

Although I admit that I've drifted off topic. My point on saying that since the only thing that changes between each Pokémon game is the map and the battle mechanics, it stands to reason that each Gen is an improvement over the last.

The only thing that gets in the way of that theory are the Pokémon available. I do concede that the amount of Pokemon available in Ru/Sa was restricted, although they were all hard-coded into the game, but then since DPPt has access to the most Pokémon, that should make it the best incarnation anyway. :V

I think I understand what you're getting at, and I agree that each gen is an improvement of the last in most ways. I'm just saying that newer games aren't objectively better than older games.

Oh it's not always the case. This theory only stands if we get more content AND any mechanics changes are for the better. It's true enough that we get sequels all the time that are worse than the originals. I just don't feel that's the case with Pokémon (or NSMB).

(07-08-2009, 06:36 PM)Phantom K Wrote:
(07-08-2009, 06:34 PM)Cshad Wrote: I wonder if the Red Gyarados will have shitty iv's just like it did in GSC.

IVs are pretty trivial anyway so why does it really matter

Because the difference between 0 and 31 is 31 whole points to that stat, making the difference between say 100 defense and 69 defense, which is quite a big drop.

Gyarados is old hat anyway.

Gimmie a shiny Milotic, yo.

[Image: Spr_4p_350_m_s.png]

They gave one away to the people who participated in the European/US tournament in may

What.

FFFFF I didn't hear about this (sure I could just hack one but) FFFFFFF

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nintendo_Zone_Jirachi#Nintendo_Zone_Jirachi
Heres more info on it, it will lead you to Jirachi, but Milotic is just a scroll or two down.

Hang on, it's Timid? That's not bad, but Modest or Calm would be more useful. I guess I'm not as put out. :V

Timid is more useful for sweeping, and the Marvel Scale increases its Sub par defense because of the Flame orb, its special defense is good as is. Its not like your going to be staying in on special attackers as they are probably going to maim you with Stab Super effective attacks anyways, the only ones you need to take are the ones you resists, ie flamethrower, surf, ice beam.

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - GrooveMan.exe - 07-09-2009

True, but I like how Cynthia's Milotic in DPPt was a special tank with Mirror Coat. And it was effective, too. Running that would be more entertaining, considering there are better Spec. Sweepers out there anyway.

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - Novalse - 07-09-2009

new sprites!

YAY!

all sprites are on bulbapedia. Go there for better quality.

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - Cshad - 07-09-2009

(07-09-2009, 04:16 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: True, but I like how Cynthia's Milotic in DPPt was a special tank with Mirror Coat. And it was effective, too. Running that would be more entertaining, considering there are better Spec. Sweepers out there anyway.

While this is true, why would you make someone with good special defense, tank with Mirror Coat? Generally you want someone who is going to take a lot of damage from Special Moves, since "double the damage" is dealt by the amount of HP taken from the attack. But, yeah, it was pretty interesting.

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - DioShiba - 07-09-2009

(07-09-2009, 12:01 PM)Pokémon Trainer ♂ Z1ggyZ00 Wrote: new sprites!

YAY!

all sprites are on bulbapedia. Go there for better quality.

Not really a whole lot of info to be honest, new sprites were going to be expected anyways.

Doubt there going to make new pokemon sprites for anything generation 3 or 4 though.

I wonder if game freak is going to bother making different sprites for each game and actually put Gender Differences for all pokemon (Excluding all the legendary pokemon except heatran)