The VG Resource
POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+------ Forum: Pokemon (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-69.html)
+------ Thread: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED (/thread-22294.html)

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Koh - 08-09-2013

There's another thing that bothers me...apparently you can only get the item to access the Mega Evolution feature through an event. It is not available in the main game, according to the video. Why is that? Isn't it bad enough there are Pokemon that are impossible to obtain due to being event Pokemon that have ended a long time ago? Why do game features need to follow that trend now?

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - DioShiba - 08-09-2013

(08-09-2013, 03:09 PM)Koh Wrote: It was pretty darn self explanatory. Watch the video again; Megaforms can only be used in battle, and they need to hold an item. It's exactly like a Shaymin form thing, except IN-battle, since Shaymin's Form required going to some rock to switch back and forth, and Deoxy's required Meteors, Rotom required appliances, etc. Mega Evolutions requires a hold item as well as being in battle. What's the point of that, when the Pokemon could just have gone to touch a new rock or something to change forms. If you aren't getting it by this point, then I can't decompose it further.

That's one of the exact points you have been saying for the past two pages. One of the points I was referring to.

For all we know, they could probably add another item slot for pokemon to hold things, or let alone have as an item in the player's second screen to use. which also proves that argument invalid as well.

Seriously, you're coming off as a broken record. I don't know why you can't just stop repeating something that we have already gotten clearly. I'm just going to say that you really need to pull your head out of your ass, because you're coming off as completely ignorant right now.

My problem is the fact that it's item activated alone, not the number of hold item slots. There's no other means to change forms. See the post previous to yours. With that setup, it'll become a big problem later down the road. What happens when the event ends? Sucks to be the person who missed out. What if you can't connect to Nintendo Wifi Connection? All because they need some event item to do it, instead of being able to touch a rock and move on. It's not intuitive at all.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Gwen - 08-09-2013

I'm willing to bet that there are other means to get mega stones, Torchik just comes with one as a welcoming gift I'd be willing to bet.
Also, regarding the item activated alone deal, I'm thinking it activates at the very beginning of the battle before it actually starts, so I don't get the problem.

Through other events perhaps? That only delays the inevitable problem of not being able to obtain them after all the events are over, though. The video did say you can't get them through normal gameplay after all. So...why? What's the big reason behind NOT including it in the main game, even as a one-time item, like the Master Ball?

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Gwen - 08-09-2013

No, I'm talking about in game ways. Normal gameplay could mean like getting them through a store. There's so much info yet to be released, I figure just be patient and we'll find out more as it gets closer to release date.
Not to mention, you can get wifi from pretty much anywhere these days, I went to get my oil changed, and the autoshop had wifi for customers, hell public transport is starting to implement wifi, public libraries have wifi, it's not to hard to find free wifi to latch onto for short periods of time these days.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Ngamer01 - 08-09-2013

(08-09-2013, 02:03 PM)Baegal Wrote:
(08-09-2013, 01:09 PM)Radular Raptor Wrote: aghh, the image won't load for me!
Or the link if you'd rather:
http://img.addfunny.com/funnypictures/getamagikarp/59/magikarp.jpg

http://seedatart.tumblr.com/post/50759296826/you-dont-have-enough-badges-to-hit-me

Getting back to the recent news:
MegaLucario looks smug as hell. Snivy must have taught it well. =P

MegaAbsol looks great, but MegaAmpharos looks ridiculous.

(08-09-2013, 04:02 PM)Radular Raptor Wrote: No, I'm talking about in game ways. Normal gameplay could mean like getting them through a store. There's so much info yet to be released, I figure just be patient and we'll find out more as it gets closer to release date.
Not to mention, you can get wifi from pretty much anywhere these days, I went to get my oil changed, and the autoshop had wifi for customers, hell public transport is starting to implement wifi, public libraries have wifi, it's not to hard to find free wifi to latch onto for short periods of time these days.
Info is scarce, I'm just analyzing what we have, and it makes zero sense to me in terms of reasoning and execution.

As for the latter, it depends on what area you live in. That's not nearly as common in rural areas.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - NICKtendo DS - 08-09-2013

I just checked the latest screens on Serebii and noticed Blazikenite and Lucarionite for example are Mega Stones. That's what confused me. How it was written earlier on Serebii, it was as if Blazikenite and Mega Stone were seperate items.
I was hoping you had to use an item in battle rather than have the Pokémon hold it and it'll evolve before the battle starts. Still, you'll sacrifice an item slot to evolve, but I'm not seeing the strategic value in this as the Mega Stones are most likely superior to any item you can attach to your Pokémon. It would have been interesting having to use it in-battle, so the player has to think whether it's worth it using a turn to evolve. Could have been an interesting mechanic in Double/Multi Battles too.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Kriven - 08-09-2013

(08-09-2013, 06:12 PM)NICKtendo DS Wrote: It would have been interesting having to use it in-battle, so the player has to think whether it's worth it using a turn to evolve.

I think I would have been more accepting of the concept if this were the case. Particularly if the transformed state only lasted for so many turns. It would be similar to the armored modes in Mega Man: Command Mission, which I love.

As to the rest of your post: so each MegaEvolution has its own rock variety? Is that how this goes?

Even so, I still think it's kind of lackluster. Didn't evolution only increase base stats by a smallish-medium amount? So, for example, say it would be far more beneficial to hold a Choice Scarf to really ramp up the Speed of the Pokemon, rather than megavolving it and having it go dead last again, just to be OHKOed? I know, how much stats are increased hasn't been revealed yet, and blah blah blah, but that doesn't mean we can't speculate.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Kriven - 08-09-2013

The fact that potential buffs haven't been revealed yet just makes any speulation baseless and a really all-directions conversation, which doesn't go anywhere.

Edit: I do worry about where this might lead, though. The concept is a lot like Egg Digivolving or Bakugan where the monsters can be any type. I can see future generations including multiple potential MegaForms for Pokemon, each of a different type, and that's going to have the reverse effect of the making the strategy more shallow.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - NICKtendo DS - 08-09-2013

(08-09-2013, 06:21 PM)Kriven Wrote:
(08-09-2013, 06:12 PM)NICKtendo DS Wrote: It would have been interesting having to use it in-battle, so the player has to think whether it's worth it using a turn to evolve.

I think I would have been more accepting of the concept if this were the case. Particularly if the transformed state only lasted for so many turns. It would be similar to the armored modes in Mega Man: Command Mission, which I love.

As to the rest of your post: so each MegaEvolution has its own rock variety? Is that how this goes?

I've seen a screenshot with the word "Blazikenite" in it and one with "Lucarionite" in it. It's safe to assume there's an Ampharosite, Mewtwonite, Absolite and Mawilite.

Mawilite sounds disgusting. Sounds like a disease you can retract in your mouth Sick.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Garamonde - 08-09-2013

What about Dragonite--
oh wait...