The VG Resource
POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+------ Forum: Pokemon (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-69.html)
+------ Thread: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED (/thread-22294.html)

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - TomGuycott - 08-09-2013

It seems like it is more like a battle-only transformation rather than a true evolution. It makes me wonder whether or not it would reverse after the battle. If that was the case, I'd love to see what changes the Mega Evolutions actually make to the Pokemon in terms of their stats, moves and types.

(08-09-2013, 11:37 AM)Koh Wrote: You're giving it way too much credit. When have they ever revealed something that turned out to be completely different from what was revealed, in terms of Function? The C-Gear, for example, when it was introduced along with Gen V's spoilers didn't have any surprises in terms of what was revealed as its function, and what it actually did in game; it was 1 to 1. Same for the Dream World; they said you link up the games to the website, and play mini flash games to get stuff through the Dream Link, and it worked exactly like that; nothing more, nothing less. MegaEvolution is just an alternate Forme showcase, which we've seen before with other Pokemon such as Shaymin's Sky and Land Forms, just with Mega slapped before every Pokemon's name. I fail to see how it'll be any different from what we've been seeing in terms of form changes and battles, EXCEPT using it now prevents the same Pokemon from holding another item.

The thing is that I don't think they HAVE fully explained the ramifications of using the Mega Evolutions. Its also a hell of a lot different than C-Gear, this plays into the actual functionality of the Pokemon themselves.

Lastly, the idea of one item being held over another is something that gives the game depth. Do you want this new item which transforms your pokemon and gives them potential new bonuses? Or would you rather have an item that helps you survive a fatal blow and allow your starter to sweep the rest of the competition's lineup?

All the Mega Evolutions are certainly not something I would have expected or would have said were needed for the franchise, but I can certainly say YOU ARE OVERREACTING. Give it more than two days before you start whining about it for crying out loud.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Koh - 08-09-2013

I'm not saying they should be able to Megavolve and hold an item, I'm just saying that the inverse is what was revealed. Just the whole concept seems silly to me. I'm not saying this will make the entirety of the games bad nor that I'm not ever to get a copy of X or Y, but rather, this particular feature they seem so fond of lately is looking to be completely unnecessary and redundant as it stands.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - TomGuycott - 08-09-2013

You just said " I fail to see how it'll be any different from what we've been seeing in terms of form changes and battles, EXCEPT using it now prevents the same Pokemon from holding another item." That just seems like you're a bit sore about the fact the form change comes at a cost. For that reason, it makes me curious what the bonuses are for doing it, but what I'm saying is you're not giving them a chance before they reveal that information.

Nope, I was just pointing out the one thing that makes it DIFFERENT from the existing Form Change Pokemon, in that Megalutions CAN'T hold items when they use it. It's not me complaining about it or wishing it were otherwise, rather stating what's now shown to be fact. Giving it a chance is the best anyone can do when it comes to revelation, but that doesn't mean it doesn't leave a first (or subsequent, with subsequent revelations) impression.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Baegal - 08-09-2013

I wanted to see Mawile, Absol, and Ampharos in battle, but it seems like those are the only ones we didn't see Very Sad
Either way, I'M excited for this. It'll finally make pokemon like Mawile useful in battle!
However, I don't see why Lucario and Absol need the MegaEvolutions--they're broken enough in my opinion.

Excite!!
I really hope they don't release all of the mega evolutions before the game comes out, because I would LOVE to give the stone to a random pokemon and have it change without me having a CLUE what it will look like!

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Gwen - 08-09-2013

Koh, I'm not entirely sure why you're so against these Mega forms, the fact that it takes an item to do seems perfectly fine to me, why should you just have the ability to have a "super" pokemon at no cost other than "It took 200 pidgeys to evolve it to this form, hardcore brah" That would be incredibly broken, but with the item, you have to weigh the pros and cons, which we don't really know what they are yet. Give it some time.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Goombaking123 - 08-09-2013

MegaMagikarp

Even more useless than the original

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - DioShiba - 08-09-2013

(08-09-2013, 12:47 PM)Goombaking123 Wrote: Magikarp...

useless

HOLD ON!

[Image: url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=CBvAFue...7078178296]

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Gwen - 08-09-2013

aghh, the image won't load for me!

(08-09-2013, 12:07 PM)Radular Raptor Wrote: Koh, I'm not entirely sure why you're so against these Mega forms, the fact that it takes an item to do seems perfectly fine to me, why should you just have the ability to have a "super" pokemon at no cost other than "It took 200 pidgeys to evolve it to this form, hardcore brah" That would be incredibly broken, but with the item, you have to weigh the pros and cons, which we don't really know what they are yet. Give it some time.
Once again, I never said I wanted it to not to require an item, I'm stating that that is the ->ONLY DIFFERENCE<- from Form Changing we already have from other Pokemon, such as Shaymin. I have no further impression from what we know, other than it's totally unnecessary as it stands. Pokemon they've shown with it that weren't given more attention in the past, like Mawile, easily could've just gotten an evolution. Instead, they get to Digivolve once every fight, so there's something I suppose.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Baegal - 08-09-2013

(08-09-2013, 01:09 PM)Radular Raptor Wrote: aghh, the image won't load for me!
Or the link if you'd rather:
http://img.addfunny.com/funnypictures/getamagikarp/59/magikarp.jpg

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - NICKtendo DS - 08-09-2013

Looking at the trailer, I notice these Mega Evolutions happen in battle. My guess is that you use an item to evolve them in-battle in which the devolve once the battle is over.
I think this is likely, because why would they call it "Mega Evolution" if it'd be the same as regular Evolution? (Correct me if I'm wrong) Mewtwo can switch between his Mega and regular form in the anime, so this backs my theory up.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - DioShiba - 08-09-2013

(08-09-2013, 01:30 PM)Koh Wrote:
(08-09-2013, 12:07 PM)Radular Raptor Wrote: Koh, I'm not entirely sure why you're so against these Mega forms, the fact that it takes an item to do seems perfectly fine to me, why should you just have the ability to have a "super" pokemon at no cost other than "It took 200 pidgeys to evolve it to this form, hardcore brah" That would be incredibly broken, but with the item, you have to weigh the pros and cons, which we don't really know what they are yet. Give it some time.
Once again, I never said I wanted it to not to require an item, I'm stating that that is the ->ONLY DIFFERENCE<- from Form Changing we already have from other Pokemon, such as Shaymin. I have no further impression from what we know, other than it's totally unnecessary as it stands. Pokemon they've shown with it that weren't given more attention in the past, like Mawile, easily could've just gotten an evolution. Instead, they get to Digivolve once every fight, so there's something I suppose.

You do realize that those forms such as Shaymin are completely different from the mega forms right?

You're just using examples (that are barely even comparable) to bash the concept, rather than rationally explain a concept barely anyone knows.

I'm sorry but honestly, if you can't come up with any logical reason other than "Oh we have forms of pokemon that are permanent and you can have them outside of battle why are Mega evolutions even here?" Then just shut up already. I don't want to be that dick but we've gotten your point and we've told you why we disagreed with it. We're just going around in circles about this and you don't want to understand where we are coming from.

It was pretty darn self explanatory. Watch the video again; Megaforms can only be used in battle, and they need to hold an item. It's exactly like a Shaymin form thing, except IN-battle, since Shaymin's Form required going to some rock to switch back and forth, and Deoxy's required Meteors, Rotom required appliances, etc. Mega Evolutions requires a hold item as well as being in battle. What's the point of that, when the Pokemon could just have gone to touch a new rock or something to change forms. If you aren't getting it by this point, then I can't decompose it further.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Kriven - 08-09-2013

Jumping the Tylomon.