The VG Resource
POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+------ Forum: Pokemon (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-69.html)
+------ Thread: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED (/thread-22294.html)

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Koopaul - 08-08-2013

Pokemon changing and becoming more powerful isn't anything new. That's something they have established since the first game. Calling it MegaEvolution doesn't change the fact that it's still evolution.

What is new is the ability to interact with your Pokemon on a much deeper level with Pokémon Amie.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Kriven - 08-08-2013

(08-08-2013, 09:43 PM)Radular Raptor Wrote: As cool as it'd be to travel back to past regions, it would completely distract you from the NEW region which the game is all about

If this is true, it just shows how weak the new region is.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Gwen - 08-08-2013

(08-08-2013, 11:19 PM)Kriven Wrote:
(08-08-2013, 09:43 PM)Radular Raptor Wrote: As cool as it'd be to travel back to past regions, it would completely distract you from the NEW region which the game is all about

If this is true, it just shows how weak the new region is.

Not really, it shows how desperate people are for something that's already had it's time in the spotlight.
It's like people don't even want to give a new region a chance, they just want their rose tinted region from the past that they can stay comfortable in.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Koopaul - 08-08-2013

Yeah it's pure nostalgia fuel right there. Honestly I don't care to go back to old regions like everyone else. They remake old version for that. No I want new world to explore thanks.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Ton - 08-08-2013

If Koopaul is calling you out for nostalgia goggles, you know you're wrong.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Koh - 08-08-2013

As I've stated before, people just starting with Pokemon have no idea what some of the regions look like, especially Hoenn being that it's stuck on the GBA. Even old worlds can feel new when given the proper facelift, as seen in HeartGold and SoulSilver. Nostalgia only plays part of the factor, not the entire factor. You also have to consider how some Pokemon were virtually impossible to get because of the break before the Gen II remakes, and now the case is becoming similar for Gen 3. Gen 3 needs remakes and/or a post-game Hoenn ticket later in the upcoming games to allow for catching Gen 3 Pokemon. One could argue GTS, but little do they know how fail the system works, since you can only request Pokemon you've SEEN on your Pokedex, and it's been loaded with impossible trades, such as a Level 9 or Under Mewtwo. Lastly, you get to explore the entirety of this region on your own whim, instead of being forced to go from one place to the next due to the developers' inability to make an open world while telling a story, such as Skyrim.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Gwen - 08-08-2013

(08-08-2013, 11:51 PM)Koh Wrote: As I've stated before, people just starting with Pokemon has no idea what some of the regions look like, especially Hoenn being that it's stuck on the GBA. Even old worlds can feel new when given the proper facelift, as seen in HeartGold and SoulSilver. Nostalgia only plays part of the factor, not the entire factor. You also have to consider how some Pokemon were virtually impossible to get because of the break before the Gen II remakes, and now the case is becoming similar for Gen 3. Gen 3 needs remakes and/or a post-game Hoenn ticket in the later games to allow for catching Gen 3 Pokemon. One could argue GTS, but little do they know how fail the system works, since you can only request Pokemon you've SEEN on your Pokedex, and it's been loaded with impossible trades, such as a Level 9 or Under Mewtwo.

Dude, in order for a series to move forward, they need to take new steps. You can argue all you want that "Kids these days don't even know about these generations, they need to be included!"
But here's the fact of the matter:
Why can't a new generation be a newcomer's first experience? If they enjoy it, they can GO BACK through the older generations and experience them through those means, you can't bog progress down in nostalgia.

Also, once you finish the region, older pokemon usually start showing up..

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Baegal - 08-08-2013

I want a new region like Kalos with new pokemon

but at the same time I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a RSE remake more than anything

but I'd rather have a separate game that's a RSE remake rather than tacking Hoenn into Kalos because it'll most likely be rushed.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Koh - 08-08-2013

(08-08-2013, 11:55 PM)Radular Raptor Wrote: Dude, in order for a series to move forward, they need to take new steps. You can argue all you want that "Kids these days don't even know about these generations, they need to be included!"
But here's the fact of the matter:
Why can't a new generation be a newcomer's first experience? If they enjoy it, they can GO BACK through the older generations and experience them through those means, you can't bog progress down in nostalgia.

Also, once you finish the region, older pokemon usually start showing up..
I never said they should make the older gen games their first game. I'm saying they'll never get to actually see the older regions unless they do it through hackish means (emulators) or put their faith in the internet (trying to buy someone's stuff off of eBay or something, in good faith it won't have problems), which even after doing so, makes it completely impossible to transfer the Pokemon they need over from that source to the upcoming 3DS. Which is why remakes, or the addition of Hoenn as post-game content, would be extremely useful as well as additional FULL exploration, rather than railroaded "exploration."

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Koopaul - 08-09-2013

Yeah they always remake the old games so I don't see a reason to include the old regions in there when they can get the ENTIRE game new again. Remember how Kanto felt in Gold and Silver? While it was neat you could go there, it just didn't seem as good. It lacked the depth that it had in Red and Blue.

Anyway Mega Evos are confirmed to be temporary in battle. So I guess they are just Formes but with the name "Mega Evolution" lame. Also next month we'll finally be getting a Type Chart with Fairy in it. So we'll finally know what it beats, what it's weak against, and so on.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Gwen - 08-09-2013

Well, you're the one who didn't understand my post Koh.

Let them get aquainted to the series through the the newest generation or most current game, and if they want to explore the older games, it's not that hard, game shops have pretty much every generation, and internet sites like Amazon and Ebay have procedures to protect you from shady sellers. If Gamefreak feels the need to continue the remakes, that's great! But their biggest focus should be on the new generation, and making it the best it can be, not bringing the older generations up to date graphics wise.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Kriven - 08-09-2013

I think you've all decided that I was claiming past regions were superior to current regions, which I wasn't.

I was simply saying that if their inclusion really does blot out the new material, the new material needed to be stronger.

There's nothing nostalgia-glasses about it, because it's a hypothetical response to a hypothetical situation. I'm not even speaking in solid terms of Region A is better than Region C, just strictly if having Region A makes Region C look bad, Region C needed to be evaluated a little more.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Koh - 08-09-2013

If making temporary Mega Evolutions and locking the player down constantly until post-game is considered the best it can be....well, I'd hate to see what would be considered something that would otherwise be a lateral move, or hindering gameplay =x.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Gwen - 08-09-2013

Well, really what I was trying to say was, having "YOU CAN ALSO TRAVEL TO PAST REGION A, ALONG WITH YOUR NEW REGION" just gives off the impression that the new region didn't get the attention it deserved. Each generation should be given the sole focus, not the stand along star to an older region.

RE: POKEMON GEN 6 ANNOUNCED - Kriven - 08-09-2013

It doesn't give that impression to me at all. It says to me: "Look, you like your Pokemon and your splorin', so we gave you even more Pokemon and even more splorin'!"

"We cared enough to go that extra mile."

Edit: This discussion is making me want a game centered around two new regions, though. Don't know how it would work, but it would probably be cool.