The VG Resource
[FANGAME][IN DEVELOPMENT] Zelda-Oracle of Secrets - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Games Development (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-22.html)
+----- Thread: [FANGAME][IN DEVELOPMENT] Zelda-Oracle of Secrets (/thread-10367.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Zelda-Oracle of Secrets - Rhyme - 12-30-2009

i like that concept. maybe instead of keys for this game you could use some kind of scribble-words (hieroglyphics?), and you have to find a stone that matches the shape, and in the last dungeon you have to find them all and they act like a boss key. :p

RE: Zelda-Oracle of Secrets - Zerrodo - 12-30-2009

@oB2ko Mario - Hmm, that looks like a pretty good idea. Maybe we'll you that instead of Blind.

@Rhymey - It's traditional to use a key, but maybe you collect puzzle pieces to unlock a special dungeon possibly?

RE: Zelda-Oracle of Secrets - Vipershark - 12-31-2009

Actually, instead of essences, it would be cool if the 8 dungeons all hold part of a secret, or maybe a page that was torn out of the book of secrets.

You can access the final boss' lair at any time in the game, but there is a large door that you are locked out of that the boss (and Farore) are behind. The only way to open the door is to gather the 8 parts of the secret (or 8 missing pages from the book) and then recite the completed spell/secret in front of the door.

Then you can go fight the boss.

Sort of like how in OOT, once you get into ganon's castle, the final area is locked until you gather the medallions.

Except in this game you can enter the final castle area at any time, but not the boss lair.
There can even be unlockable stuff or even the 8th dungeon in there.

Also, I realize this isn't a community project, but I'd like to help out if you need it.
Do you know what items you'll be having in the game? I'd like to sprite them, if you do.

RE: Zelda-Oracle of Secrets - Zerrodo - 12-31-2009

That's a good idea, Vipershark. Probably going to use that, if you don't mind. If we're going to have some of the items from OoA and OoS in the game, but I was thinking on having the mirror shield, the master sword (Not fully decided yet), and maybe variations of the arrows (Similar to OoT's Fire, Ice, and Light arrows.).

RE: Zelda-Oracle of Secrets - Corrupt One - 12-31-2009

Firerod? Since we have Kholdstare?

Hmm... yeah, I guess so.

RE: Zelda-Oracle of Secrets - Black Boo - 12-31-2009

Heh. Heh heh. Wow. I'm liking what I'm hearing in this thread.

Hey just curious, but do you think we could use these ideas for Oracles Reborn? If not, that's okay.

Well, are there any specific ideas you want to use? There are some I can't confirm myself, as I didn't think up some of them by myself.

RE: Zelda-Oracle of Secrets - Chaoxys - 01-01-2010

Kay, quick question. are you making a new main bad guy for this since the other 2 used new bad guys, and if so, can I take a crack at some designs?

RE: Zelda-Oracle of Secrets - Rhyme - 01-01-2010

random idea time ftl

basic intro/prestory is link is in a hidden cave with farore, and a monster (last boss) attacks you, you go get your sword, you get out, farore is out, something happens to her (monster gets her? dunno.), since this would essentially be the last temple as well as the first to stop glitching through to the boss fight at the start maybe you would need an item like a boomerang to get a key or something that you dont get until later, and basically you rescue farore, and the first half of the game is gathering for the book of secrets, the other half would be dungeons just to add content?

meh

RE: Zelda-Oracle of Secrets - Vipershark - 01-01-2010

nah

it should start somewhat similarly to seasons
link should meet farore, then she gets kidnapped, then you have to find the sword in a cave somewhere

then mix in a bit of ages where veran builds the tower in the middle of town
do something similarly to that, (doesn't have to be a tower, or even in the middle of town, but you get my drift) and make that the final boss area.
you can go inside any time you want, but the way to the final boss is blocked off, as I suggested before

RE: Zelda-Oracle of Secrets - Zerrodo - 01-01-2010

@Chaoxys-We are. And sure, you can do so if you'd like.

@Rhymey-I was thinking something similar to that, except Link meets Farore in the forest (Lost woods maybe?), and the last boss appears, turns Farore to stone by erasing her from the book of secrets, link tries to defeat the last boss, but he ends up getting blown off screen. He then ends up in the outskirts of the main town of the game. He wakes up to see that Impa was the one who revived him. In the process of getting blown away, he loses his sword, and Impa gives him a new one.

@Vipershark-Actually, my idea for the beginning is similar to that of seasons. Refer above for the idea.

RE: Zelda-Oracle of Secrets - Chaoxys - 01-01-2010

K, so I'll just tell the general idea I have for now. I've been trying to think of something different than the other bosses, Vernan and Onox. We've got a Femme fatale and a Brawny guy. So for this third guy, I was thinking a shrimpy weakling who, when ever you see him is riding a beast of some sort. In the end he could become some giant monster or something like the other 2, but when you see him normaly, he doesn't look threatening.

RE: Zelda-Oracle of Secrets - Zerrodo - 01-01-2010

Hmm... it's an interesting concept, but if he was just a normal weakling then it would be a bit strange... maybe he has some sort of power, and each minute Farore is in stone, he gains more power?

RE: Zelda-Oracle of Secrets - Vipershark - 01-01-2010

hmm

veran is the crazy woman trying to take over the world, and onox is the huge guy that rules by brute strength
how about this guy is more of a thinker, and comes up with complex plans and stuff? In my head I see him looking somewhat similar to Ralph from OoA, but in long robes and wearing a hood.
this could fit into him trying to steal the book of secrets from Farore and use its contents to take over the world.

so the story begins, and link and farore are in the forest.
boss dude comes out of nowhere and snatches the book.

Link runs up to fight him, but is blown away. Farore dives and grabs for the book, but eight pages rip out of it and boss dude grabs them. He then proceeds to erase her name off of one of the pages, and just before she turns to stone, Farore uses her magic and teleports the book to Impa. Boss dude then proceeds to take Farore into his fortress, seals the door using the spell from the eight pages in his possession, and then summons eight monsters, magically locking a page inside of each. He then places the eight monsters inside of dungeons so that nobody can disturb him in his fortress as he steals power from the Farore "statue". (This could also play into the "taking farore's power every minute" part.)

Link then wakes up in a cave somewhere outside the main village, and after completing the puzzles inside, eventually reaches Impa's house, where he receives a wooden sword and the BoS. However, he probably shouldn't get to use the book until after he's done probably two dungeons. Maybe the first two pages that he gathers unlock the spell to allow him to teleport to the dark world? Until then, nothing should happen when you equip it and try to use it.