The VG Resource
General Pokemon Discussion - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: General Pokemon Discussion (/thread-7991.html)

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - mozzy - 07-07-2009

The creator of those videos seriously annoys me.

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - Rökkan - 07-07-2009

(07-07-2009, 11:38 AM)moz Wrote: The creator of those videos seriously annoys me.

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - JoshR691 - 07-07-2009

(07-07-2009, 11:00 AM)JarJar Wrote: those pics are from the anime, why would they use the anime pics and not the official art, cmon, i didnt think the fans would be that stupid, but then again its pokemon so children believe anything...
Aside from this, the Starters are at least 2 different qualities (Treecko being the only one who isn't blurry)

And why would they just shove the starters in? I mean, the Legendaries are kind of understandable, but what game just threw the starters in for the hell of it?

I mean, they didn't do this in the Original G/S/C with the Kanto Starters, and...well, ok I'll give you the fact that if you completed the Hoenn Dex in Emerald, you got one of the Johto Starters, but that's probably the only instance, and it's because they weren't available in that Generation...

Now we have the Pal Park, so adding the 'You completed this Region's Pokedex...Now Work on the National Dex with one Starter' Feature is kind of useless

They're adding all these legendaries to make up for the fact that there probably won't be a palpark and that a lot of people are going to be buying HGSS with a DSi (like me) which doesn't have a GBA slot (making a TON of pokemon unavailable or easy to get). Adding the Hoenn starters isn't that crazy.

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - JarJar - 07-07-2009

[Image: 848c0bd3.jpg]

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - JoshR691 - 07-07-2009

(07-07-2009, 02:24 PM)moz Wrote: They're adding all these legendaries to make up for the fact that there probably won't be a palpark and that a lot of people are going to be buying HGSS with a DSi (like me) which doesn't have a GBA slot (making a TON of pokemon unavailable or easy to get). Adding the Hoenn starters isn't that crazy.
Now that I didn't know...But I don't think they'll get rid of it, as long as it's on the normal DS, I don't think they'll take it out

If they do take it out, It still can connect to D/P/Pl, but Transferring from a GBA game to a D/P/Pl, and then finally to HG/SS would be such a pain...not to mention, you would have to have 2 DS' to do it (But, If you're a sucker like me, you'll have 3 DS' by now/soon)

Edit: Damn, I love the new Sugimori Art

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - Phantom Killah - 07-07-2009

the new art is awesome

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - A.J. Nitro - 07-07-2009

Remember how in FR/LG there would be a legendary dog in the wild that depends on your starter? Maybe something like that will happen where once you beat the Pokemon League, you'll find Prof. Birch somewhere in the game and he'll give you the Hoenn starter depending on your starter. For example, if you chose Cyndaquil he'll give you Treecko. The Hoenn starters weakness depends on your starter's type.

That would be cool.

I'd hate that, Torchic is the lamest of all the starters. I'd rather it be choose or the same type as the Johto starter.

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - Zac - 07-07-2009

Love dat art

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - Ton - 07-07-2009

Well they've already done birds and beasts. Maybe it'll be mesprit/whatever/whatever?

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - Shawn - 07-07-2009

(07-07-2009, 04:49 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Well they've already done birds and beasts. Maybe it'll be mesprit/whatever/whatever?

>birds and beasts
>birds and beas
>birds and bees

oh my

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - Rökkan - 07-07-2009

(07-07-2009, 03:28 PM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: Remember how in FR/LG there would be a legendary dog in the wild that depends on your starter? Maybe something like that will happen where once you beat the Pokemon League, you'll find Prof. Birch somewhere in the game and he'll give you the Hoenn starter depending on your starter. For example, if you chose Cyndaquil he'll give you Treecko. The Hoenn starters weakness depends on your starter's type.

That would be cool.

If you do this nobody would have Mudkip.
Be it stated that Chikorita is the lamest starter of all time. Torchic can evolve to Blaziken, but Chikorita evolves to Meganium, which is still lame

p.s. new users: anyone who quotes my first phrase of this post to do that joke will probably recieve a rain of downreps from pretty much everybody from tSR

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - 8-Bit Squirrel - 07-07-2009

(07-07-2009, 07:02 PM)Rökkan Wrote: If you do this nobody would have Mudkip.
Be it stated that Chikorita is the lamest starter of all time. Torchic can evolve to Blaziken, but Chikorita evolves to Meganium, which is still lame

p.s. new users: anyone who quotes my first phrase of this post to do that joke will probably recieve a rain of downreps from pretty much everybody from tSR

^Felt that this needed to be emphasized. ^

I hope that if they use the Hoenn starters that they let you pick. Whenever I restarted my Silver version (I did that a lot) I always switched starters (though Chikorita was never chosen) and I don't really want the Hoenn starters influencing my decision.

RE: POKEMON GSC REMAKE - Ravecat - 07-07-2009

so i herd i'm tempting fate