The VG Resource
Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-85.html)
+----- Forum: The Spriters Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-5.html)
+------ Forum: Submissions (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-34.html)
+------ Thread: Yawackhary's Submissions Again (/thread-6597.html)

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Ton - 06-30-2011

Ok, I think I'm all caught up on saving sheets. Now to upload...

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 07-03-2011

Added:

Bram Stoker's Dracula (Master System/Game Gear)
Playable Character
[Image: LhPvm.png]

[Image: A6ByK.png]

When you imagine Dracula, the first thing in your head isn't Super Mario Bros. Well this game (or at least these versions of the game) seems to have some influence from there.

Krusty's Fun House (Master System/Game Gear)
Playable Character
[Image: 9HIgI.png]

[Image: uauD7.png]

Arena (Game Gear)
Playable Character
[Image: Rp1WO.png]

[Image: Z64xE.png]

Dragon Crystal (Game Gear)
Playable Character
[Image: FIfPQ.png]

[Image: 01FiT.png]

It seems that the Master System version has different more uglier graphics, different translation and slightly different controls (and would have uploaded that version too if I didn't goof up erasing 1/6 of the sheet by accident).

In strange news, one of the channels that I sometimes watch on Youtube actually indirectly referenced me today saying that the person on Youtube looked up some info on Maze Hunter 3D (the guy was playing the Japanese version, Maze Walker), found the sprites (on tSR) and saying that apparently the playable character has a name and he attacks with the staff. Actually the Youtuber also influences me to rip some games that otherwise wouldn't touch before hand.

I must make the staff at tSR a misery sometimes...

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Garamonde - 07-03-2011

Uh, no, you make the TSR staff and its members very happy. Big Grin

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Ton - 07-04-2011

Yes. Yes he does.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 07-06-2011

Added:

Dragon Crystal (Master System)
Playable Character
[Image: uuj4B.png]

[Image: lcKVO.png]

Megumi Rescue (Master System)
[Image: GFZ7P.png]

[Image: ABsb3.png]

This game is a bit strange, imagine an evolution of the Game & Watch game Fire and that is pretty much the game in a nutshell. Also the Master System version is only version available (the original arcade version was cancelled but presumably finished) and it has a bug where if you complete the game, instead of starting from the 1st Stage it goes into Stage 31 which is a glitchy non-existing stage (if you do beat the level, you get the ending) so you have to reset the game if you want to play from the beginning.

Now these two games are games that Sega forgot that they existed (they aren't on the 20th Anniversary OutRun OST that was released that had every other game), the Master System fans like these games but the OutRun fans hate these games for not being like the others. Also these are the only two games officially where instead of OutRun, it is Out Run (basically with a space).

Battle Out Run (Master System)
Playable Character
[Image: OGlPf.png]

[Image: bEkAW.png]

First off it is Chase H.Q. OutRun with a hint of Spy Hunter (in terms of driving into a van to get powerups but you have to pay for in this game). One of the opponents is Mr. T, no joke.

Out Run Europa (Master System/Game Gear)
Playable Character
[Image: AvENg.png]

[Image: wrD4j.png]

This is pretty much just OutRun in name only since it is completely different to the other games in the series, even the Ferrari only appears in the last stage (that is split into 2 stages in the Amiga/Atari ST version). This was also the most delayed game of the series that was in development before Turbo OutRun existed but scrapped when that game was released in the arcade so an arcade port of that had to be done and development was restarted after it was released so in total it took 3 years from start to finish. Originally it was OutRun but set in Europe then it changed to this departure of the series. The Master System version is based off the Amstrad CPC version of the game only without the cutscenes that version had due to cartridge space.

Besides the story is basically someone stole your car so has revenge, you steal every vehicle that you see to get it back. I know there's more to it than that but it makes more sense.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 07-08-2011

Added:

Alex Kidd in Shinobi World (Master System)
Playable Character
[Image: DWlZB.png]

The game is already on the site, this sheet is a replacement of the one that BaB did due to that he was missing poses and the sprites were squashed. Then again it was an old sheet and back then, some stuff were harder to rip than today.

Buggy Run (Master System)
Cars
[Image: gL9Dd.png]

[Image: PRmiW.png]

If Master of Darkness is the Master System's Castlevania, this is the Master System's R.C. Pro Am.

Time Soliders (Master System)
Playable Character
[Image: gCXpZ.png]

[Image: g39ZC.png]

Enemies and Bosses
[Image: UAFiM.png]

Updated:
Playable Character
[Image: qRdPP.png]

Changed the name of the car from a Ferrari to the name given in the instruction booklet.

For people who are fed up of the Master System stuff, don't worry I'll be planning to take a break from ripping them soon maybe as early as next week. Considering the rest of the games are sports games (not just the Great series either), Japanese only, use the SG-1000 mode, Genesis/Amiga/MSX ports or haven't been dumped yet, I don't think it'll be long before the useful games have all been ripped.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 07-10-2011

Warning, a fairly large submission is here (it would have been larger than planned though):

Chuck Rock II: Son of Chuck (Master System/Game Gear)
Playable Character
[Image: 7ccTf.png]

[Image: YP4V9.png]

The Master System version is better than the Game Gear one due to that it has more levels (the GG version is half the size of the MS version). Not that it matters when you don't like the character.

Strider (Master System)
Playable Character
[Image: VOvFH.png]

[Image: 9xfHr.png]

Strider is a good game, just not on the Master System. It is a pretty terrible port with constant slowdown and there is only one song played over and over again to the point of annoyance wishing to mute the game.

Super Tetris (Master System)
[Image: BXZQK.png]

[Image: KWz1p.png]

This one is actually a rather odd curiousity. Some unknown Koreans ported (or stole the engine) the arcade Sega Tetris (the System E version that runs on hardware close to the Master System), changed and removed a few things to make it their own.

OutRun (Master System)
[Image: Zv9kN.png][Image: TxlLO.png]

[Image: WI4v2.png]

Apart from OutRun 2019, I think nearly all the OutRun games are done exclusing any other ports of the game (and the arcade original).

Alex Kidd in Shinobi World (Master System)
Enemies and Bosses
[Image: ZzZCL.png]

Before you think that first boss seems similar to Mario, that's because in a prototype version (when it wasn't even an Alex Kidd game and had a young Joe Musashi has a character) it was Mario, well... Mari-Oh but changed slightly before release.

Also this game might be the first game that Sega rushed through development (that's right before Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Sonic 06) due to that a cut boss, a cut stage and leftovers of Shinobi Kid are referenced in the tiles that aren't in the game. Well unless Super Thunder Blade was going to be a port of Thunder Blade...

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Dazz - 07-11-2011

Daaaaamn dude, nice one! Big Grin

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Davy Jones - 07-11-2011

Isn't it "Ferrari Testarossa"?

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - AndrewArdena - 07-11-2011

Quote:Isn't it "Ferrari Testarossa"?
Right, I'm Italian and I can confirm it XD

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Ton - 07-11-2011

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 07-13-2011

My spelling is getting worse and so is my English... Don't be surprised in the future that some of the things that are hard to understand. Anyway:

Bubble Bobble/Final Bubble Bobble (Master System)
Playable Characters
[Image: ufOLh.png]

Enemies and Bosses
[Image: ZsdvZ.png]

Misc
[Image: uYdTm.png]

[Image: o5nRI.png]

My Hero (Master System)
Playable Character
[Image: Bvmqo.png]

[Image: 24ckI.png]

There is only one stage compared to 3 stages in the arcade version, as a result the difficulty is shot up through the roof making it very hard just to beat the 1st stage. Doesn't help with very poor collision detection and the enemies have the advantage.

Enduro Racer (Master System)
Playable Character
[Image: kEmsM.png]

[Image: CoGnS.png]

Ys: The Vanished Omens (Master System)
Playable Character
[Image: 7NzJw.png]

[Image: G6Wla.png]

Adol dying is a programming effect (like the Impossible Mission one) and is not in the ROM. Now I should be taking a rest from Master System games for a while, still ripping games though.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Belial - 07-14-2011

You gave that system some much needed love.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Davy Jones - 07-15-2011

What? No sword animation for Adol again?

Why didn't they play Zelda? >=(

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 07-15-2011

Added:

Adventures of Mighty Max (Genesis)
Playable Characters
[Image: WTYJH.png][Image: 24zM2.png][Image: Y9dze.png]

NPC
[Image: itgbe.png]

[Image: 2j7MT.png]

A rubbish platformer where your jump is over a screen high. Anyway before anyone actually notices the sprites being a bit dodgy, this is how its like both ingame and the ROM sadly enough. Sad It is even noticeable when you play it and your character is in front of a rotating background changing the colour of its eyes to match the background. Here are some GensKMod screen shots for proof:
http://i.imgur.com/3sEvJ.png
http://i.imgur.com/ZdtPH.png

My guess is that whoever did the sprites used a black background and when converted to the Genesis, they accidentally mixed the black with the first colour that is usually reserved as a background colour ending up deleting some pixels of the character. Norman luckily enough doesn't suffer from this problem due to that the sprite used a different black in the palette. I wonder how they got away of not noticing this...

If the game was good, I would have done a patch to fix this problem but from playing the game it seems that the graphics aren't the only thing that needs fixing.

Shadow of the Beast 2 (Genesis)
Playable Character
[Image: v5m18.png]

[Image: m8CoE.png]

Infamously hard game that obviously can't get very far at all.