The VG Resource
Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-85.html)
+----- Forum: The Spriters Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-5.html)
+------ Forum: Submissions (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-34.html)
+------ Thread: Yawackhary's Submissions Again (/thread-6597.html)

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 06-15-2011

Added:

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Master System/Game Gear)
Playable Character
[Image: yibfn.png]

[Image: LhJi4.png]

Awful game.

Spider-Man vs. the Kingpin (Master System/Game Gear)
Playable Character
[Image: iXneU.png]

[Image: DVahq.png]

This game was done by the same man who did the Game Gear X-Men games (Paul Hutchinson) and strangely the Master System version has a hidden Pac-Man type game as well.

This sheet is not on the site:
Sukeban Deka II (Master System)
Enemies and Bosses
[Image: sukebandeka2-enemiesbosses_icon.png]

To answer the 3D glasses question, yes they did. Also I'm not sure to rip the Sapo Xule (pronounced Sap-po Shoe-ley, translates roughly as Stinky Frog and recently nicknamed Smug Frog by a few people) games. There were 3 games but they are hacks of existing games (Kung-Fu Kid where only the title and the playable character were changed, Psycho Fox where it is the same as before but in Portuguese and Astro Warrior that received the most changes keeping only the backgrounds and the gameplay the same). However unlike the other hacks, these were made by Tec Toy who were pretty much Sega Brazil at the time so they are official by the distributor and the Astro Warrior hack was also released in Portugal by Sega Ecofilmes. Even if I do rip it, will they go in the games were they originally came from or seperate (it is understandable with the Astro Warrior hack but the other two, not sure)?

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Magma MK-II - 06-16-2011

Tec Toy wanted to make their own game, so Sapo Xulé was born. But they didn't had the skills to make an entire game from scratch, so they just sprite swapped the main character.

By the way, "Xulé" is a mispronoution of "Chulé", which is how we brazilians call foot odor.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 06-17-2011

I've haven't done Sapo Xule yet but I've added:

Operation Wolf (Master System)
[Image: YiVm3.png]

[Image: MzTfP.png]

I was about to give up on this game due to the difficulty until I discovered a couple of cheats (since most of the cheats listed online don't work except for the infinate grenades) for both enemy count (located at C170 for soliders, C172 for helicopters/boats and C174 for tanks; by making them 00, it clears the stage except for Stage 2 and Stage 6 instead where the boss triggers) and for total prisoners rescued (forgot the cheat though).

OutRun (Game Gear)
[Image: qlvv1.png][Image: jiiOe.png]

[Image: tdhfE.png]

Usually this game is a good game but the Game Gear port cuts it down so much, most of the atmosphere and the environment of the game has gone. The only plus is that it runs a bit faster than the Master System versions and I believe that it is the first OutRun game to have a Versus mode (OutRunners is the more well known game though in terms of Versus mode in an OutRun game) but it has that rubberbanding.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 06-20-2011

Due to NpShare getting hacked, I had to resort to just using Imgur. Added:

Sapo Xule (Master System)
Playable Character
[Image: pvSjs.png]

[Image: IOx0R.png]

The first Sapo Xulé game, apart from the character and the title screen, everything else is from Kung Fu Kid so if you want to look at the enemies and the bosses from this game you can look at that game. It looks like Tec Toy only had a couple of hours spare when making this game.

Sapo Xule (Master System)
Playable Characters
[Image: T4pDk.png]

[Image: 6nmbP.png]

The second one [the Psycho Fox hack], I'm surprised that more got altered than I thought (even though it kept the stages, the music, some enemies, the original Psycho Fox title screen and the unused Aimo text that are both hidden in the ROM). Oh and in case why the arm is seperate is because the arm uses layering techniques to move the arm forward.

Tempo Jr. (Game Gear)
Playable Character
[Image: 09AIz.png]

[Image: bxYDX.png]

Tempo is in the house tonight. Strangely he can't keep his palette consistant in the game ending up being lighter or darker depending on the event (stage, boss, minigame, intro, sound test).

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Dazz - 06-21-2011

Uhh... None of your sheets load except the last three - I'll put those up now, but mind getting the others up again?
I suggest using http://img.ur

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Davy Jones - 06-21-2011

Unfortunately, npshare was hacked and lost all of his files from this year.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Magma MK-II - 06-21-2011

The main site could have Master System/Game Gear section, given how many rips from them are there already!

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Dazz - 06-21-2011

We plan to do that, but we're waiting for our new system to be made in order to introduce the ability to move games from one console to another.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 06-21-2011

Here are all the missing sheets:

Operation Wolf (Master System)
[Image: YiVm3.png]

OutRun (Game Gear)
[Image: qlvv1.png][Image: jiiOe.png]

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Master System/Game Gear)
Playable Character
[Image: yibfn.png]

Spider-Man vs. the Kingpin (Master System/Game Gear)
Playable Character
[Image: iXneU.png]

Sukeban Deka II (Master System)
Enemies and Bosses
[Image: 6gOnu.png]

I usually do use imgur but for the icons, guess now that I use that for everything. Just to let people know, I am currently working on a few rips and as of this current moment in time finishing off something from Baku Baku Animal.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 06-23-2011

Added:

Baku Baku Animal (Game Gear/Master System)
Playable Character
[Image: Jk7hw.png]

Opponents
[Image: QvaP4.png][Image: 0Uhrq.png][Image: wqbdD.png][Image: iM8Ar.png][Image: GD09U.png][Image: CdUOa.png]

[Image: ljIQU.png]

Kept to my word for once. Oh as for the names of the characters, apart from mentioned in the story text are only mentioned in the English Saturn version of Baku Baku Animal (and as it happens to be, the characters that I ripped are as far as I can go in terms of names due to no instructions or complete gameplay video hanging around online) since the Japanese version of that game only has a story line that was translated in the Game Gear version. As for the FAQs, all of them that I found make up the names.

Black Belt (Master System)
Playable Character
[Image: svszw.png]

[Image: azVj4.png]

People know the original version of this game due to a certain Kenshiro being in it. Not this game even though Riki has a few of his moves.

F1 (Master System/Game Gear)
[Image: uorJ2.png][Image: 1OKvJ.png]

[Image: l1pZx.png]

Concidentally this game has a cameo of a 20 year old hedgehog.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Random Talking Bush - 06-23-2011

Noticed an error with one of the sprites on Riki's sheet. Fourth line, second one from the right side. His pants leg is the same colour as the background, instead of being white like it should be. Was it like that in-game, or just an error with assembling the spritesheet?

(QUICK EDIT: Although judging by how there's a glitchy tile near one of the bottom-most sprites, I think it was intentional. :V)

Either way, keep up the good work with your spritesheets, Mr. Yawackhary! I remember playing Baku Baku on my Sega Saturn long ago. Too bad I don't know where the power and video cords went for it.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 06-23-2011

(06-23-2011, 01:34 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Noticed an error with one of the sprites on Riki's sheet. Fourth line, second one from the right side. His pants leg is the same colour as the background, instead of being white like it should be. Was it like that in-game, or just an error with assembling the spritesheet?

(QUICK EDIT: Although judging by how there's a glitchy tile near one of the bottom-most sprites, I think it was intentional. :V)

If it is the crouching pose, it is indeed an error and I fixed it (http://i.imgur.com/XVyyg.png ), sorry about that. If it was any other pose, it was intentional from the developers.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 06-27-2011

Added:
Running Battle (Master System)
Playable Character
[Image: wlHXO.png]

[Image: XeqCR.png]

Most people actually consider this game to be pretty bad, after all the graphics are more closer to NES style than MS style (with a extra colour or two differences) and it is repetitive. However I don't think it is as bad as they say and I can certainly think of worser games than this. Also half way though the game, the English deteriates a bit with characters like Samri Man and Milacle Man (instead of Samurai Man and Miracle Man, the latter spoofing a superhero).

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 06-29-2011

Added:

Running Battle (Master System)
Enemies and Bosses
[Image: mSbmm.png]

Scramble Spirits (Master System)
Playable Character
[Image: l9b5q.png]

[Image: tPHiC.png]

Even the easiest shoot em ups are hard for me.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Garamonde - 06-29-2011

Cooool. You seem to rip from a new game every time. Big Grin