The VG Resource
Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-85.html)
+----- Forum: The Spriters Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-5.html)
+------ Forum: Submissions (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-34.html)
+------ Thread: Yawackhary's Submissions Again (/thread-6597.html)

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Ton - 05-31-2011

Very awesome. Thanks, man. Big Grin

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 06-01-2011

Added:

Marksman Shooting & Trap Shooting (Master System)
[Image: markstrapshooting-generalsprites_icon.png]

[Image: markstrapshooting-icon.png]

One is a target shooting game, the other is where you shoot clay pigeons (rather like Shoot Away II if anyone played it in an arcade or lucky to go to the English countryside and try it for real). While it was only released in the US and I think Brazil, Europe did get it with Safari Hunt which is another light phaser game that was usually bundled with Hang-On.

Great Soccer (Master System)
[Image: greatsoccer-everything_icon.png]

[Image: greatsoccer-icon.png]

A sports game I know but it is a great sports game. In case you was wondering about the other side of the stadium, it is literally flipped looking silly in the process. Note: This is the original Great Soccer that was released in Japan, Germany and Italy, not the US one which is actually a rename of World Soccer/Sports Pad Soccer.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Ton - 06-01-2011

Very cool. We need to get the Master System section open, hah.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 06-03-2011

Added:
Home Alone (Master System)
Playable Character
[Image: SI483.png]
Enemies
[Image: kFHxL.png]

[Image: WK65u.png]

This game isn't too bad even though it doesn't exactly follow the movie very well and was late in the life of the system so it ended up being forgotten. Oh and the Game Gear version is a port of the Genesis one so this one is a bit unique.

Gaegujangi Kkachi (Master System)
Playable Character
[Image: AsnQQ.png]

[Image: nZWo4.png]

This game is so hard to spell that I have to copypaste nearly every time. Anyway it is basically an Alex Kidd in Miracle World clone with bad controls and apparently a licensed game but not sure.

The Dinosaur Dooley (Master System)
Playable Character
[Image: xwUk2.png]

[Image: kNPcp.png]

While I'm not sure about the other game, this one definately is a licensed game. This was going to be released in the Game Gear in the US along with The General's Son (as Street Hero) and the NES Buzz and Waldog but the publisher pulled out so the localised version (with stolen early 90s music and a translation mistake) ended up being released in Korea along with the original version.

[Image: tCw61.png]

Updated:
[Image: markstrapshooting-generalsprites_icon.png]

After rebooting the game, I noticed that there were some unusual letters so did some research and it turns out to be the lost Master System boot up logo so by using a hack, managed to trigger it. In Japan, the very early games booted up as Sega Mark III due to that they had no BIOS and a way to identify the console, however everywhere else and eventually Japan the Master System had a built in BIOS so it wasn't needed. The lost boot up logo matches the prototype console BIOS meaning that this game was one of the first Master System games made for the system as the very early games have this logo hidden and not being used. In case anyone wants to know the first Master System game, both in a Western sense and as a cartridge (that ended up not being released in Japan) is Choplifter.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Ton - 06-04-2011

Amazing stuff. I always learn something new when you upload. Big Grin

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 06-06-2011

Added:

Montezuma's Revenge (Master System)
[Image: GLxYf.png]

[Image: Y0wXO.png]

Safari Hunt (Master System)
[Image: 1z1zo.png][Image: 2LdLa.png]

[Image: 5U7Gj.png]

Panzer Dragoon Mini (Game Gear)
Playable Character
[Image: bg6Ck.png]

[Image: lzJJm.png]

Really have nothing to say really except Panzer Dragoon Mini is a bit dull to play. It's like Space Harrier with a lock on and not many enemies at a time (still hard for me regardless). Maybe the Saturn one is better to play.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Garamonde - 06-06-2011

Even if the game is boring, your rips are always interesting. Big Grin

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Magma MK-II - 06-07-2011

Nice ones!

I'd like to see Darius II/Sagaia!

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Dazz - 06-08-2011

Heart luv u yawa

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 06-08-2011

Added:

Vigliante (Master System)
Playable Character
[Image: vigilante-vigilante_icon.png]

NPC
[Image: vigilante-maria_icon.png]

Enemies and Bosses
[Image: vigilante-rogues_icon.png]

[Image: vigilante-icon.png]

Not often that you get an arcade port that has better graphics than the original and in this case, I wanted to rip it as oppose to ripping it for the sake of ripping like usual. This is most definately a concidence but Maria Robotnik from Sonic Adventure 2 looks like that Maria (Sega or some unknown developer ported this arcade game from Irem, they changed the graphics and changed the character names Madonna = Maria, The Skinheads = The Rogues). Then again I highly doubt anyone at Sega in 2000 would have played an old Master System game especially one that wasn't released in Japan for inspiration relating to Shadow.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 06-10-2011

Added:

Super Racing (Master System)
[Image: Ypw2u.png]

[Image: HToUW.png]

Another of these top down Formula 1 games that are unplayable and only ended up being released in Japan despite plans to release it in Europe and possibly the US.

Gain Ground (Master System)
Playable Characters
[Image: DQYi3.png]

[Image: liKf3.png]

Now this is more like it, a game that I wanted to rip due to large amount of playable characters (10 for Player 1, 10 for Player 2). Sadly though the game is too hard to me to go all the way to rip the enemies and bosses.

Hook (Master System [Unreleased]/Game Gear)
Playable Character
[Image: eGR1s.png]

[Image: sEQvT.png]

The Master System version is unreleased but the ROM was provided by the programmer while the GG version was released with the same palette (except when you pause) and a music pausing bug as in when you pause the game, the music keeps playing instead of stopping.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 06-13-2011

Added:
Maze Hunter 3D (Master System)
Playable Character
[Image: MON1d.png]

[Image: 0skGD.png]

Did the best that I could translating the playable character whose name is only in the Japanese manual. It is the only 3D game that I played so far that isn't sluggish in terms of framerate.

OutRun 3D (Master System)
[Image: O6BqU.png]

[Image: ejEWT.png]

[Image: 6idkG.png]

This game is really jerky, like its frameskipping due to the Master System can't cope with running OutRun twice (if you look at the tilemap screen, it loads the screen twice just slightly different positions) while it can just barely run the game once.

Space Harrier 3D (Master System)
Playable Character
[Image: r9loV.png]

[Image: n7IzP.png]

Harrier changes clothes, Harrier shoots Tie-Fighters and the game is sluggish to play.

In case people didn't see the connection, these are all 3D games. While I'm not sure if I can see 3D (either poorly or at all), these fake(?) 3D did make me feel sick only 5 minutes of play except OutRun 3D that luckily comes with a 2D mode (so does Space Harrier 3D but it requires being really good at the game and enter a high score with certain initals). So yeah don't expect many more 3D rips from me for the risk of my health.

(06-07-2011, 01:37 PM)Magma Dragoon Wrote: Nice ones!

I'd like to see Darius II/Sagaia!

I'll have a look at Darius II (yet to look at the arcade version or the Master System version) but don't expect any guarantee.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Garamonde - 06-13-2011

These are fabulous! No we wouldn't want anything happening to you. Cute

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Dazz - 06-14-2011

I always told you guys - 3D gaming is retarded.
Always the best, Yawa. Love your rips Heart

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Magma MK-II - 06-14-2011

Are those those games that used that weird 3-D glasses?