The VG Resource
Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-85.html)
+----- Forum: The Spriters Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-5.html)
+------ Forum: Submissions (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-34.html)
+------ Thread: Yawackhary's Submissions Again (/thread-6597.html)

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 05-20-2011

Added:

Air Rescue (Master System)
Playable Character
[Image: 0DsY8.png]

[Image: tnJSH.png]

A spiritual successor to Choplifter pretty much except that it seems to be a bit more mangeable.

Cave Dude/Toto World 3 (Master System)
Playable Character
[Image: 6t7z5.png]

[Image: VHstF.png]

Only released in Korea and Austrailia in a compliation cart, this is basically Mario mixed with Bonk and Chuck Rock 2 with broken sound and stolen sprites (as you can see from the icon, it has Tiki from The New Zealand Story, Mario's stars, grass from Super Mario Bros. 2 and a monkey that seems to be Toki).

The Ninja (Master System)
Playable Character
[Image: eP3vJ.png]

[Image: a6gux.png]

From Korea to Japan, this is an another hard game that requires fast reflexes and a good memory neither that I have.

Cloud Master (Master System)
Playable Character
[Image: cloudmaster-michaelchen_icon.png]

[Image: J8cA9.png]

While the remake is on tSR (as The Monkey King), this is the original version. Technically it is an arcade port but this version is the one that most people are familar with that includes racist Chinese enemies and bowls of noodles as enemies.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Ton - 05-20-2011

Cave Dude's hammer is also from SMW.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 05-23-2011

Added:

X-Men: Mojo World (Game Gear/Master System)
Playable Characters
[Image: dTJkK.png]

[Image: FWbJp.png]

Chuck Rock (Game Gear/Master System)
Playable Character
[Image: gGP9I.png]

[Image: PQYnS.png]

Last night, I realised that one of my sheets that I was working on won't get done so first I decided to look at some MS/GG games to rip for. First was Panzer Dragoon Mini but didn't have time to do that so then I looked at Hang-On since it was a very early game and loads nearly everything on the tile viewer. Realising that it would take a bit of time to align the sprites and finding palettes decided to scrap it, plus I'm not keen on the Master System of Hang-On anyway (the arcade version is a different story, even I think the Master System deserved better by porting Hang-On Jr. which is pretty much Hang-On arcade on Master System type hardware). Then I looked at the SG-1000 by ripping Lode Runner and realised that the tile viewer doesn't display the sprites at all. Decided to sleep on it after getting nowhere and ripped a game that I already ripped on another console this morning.

Oh and in case you are wondering, yes the sprites are stretched like that due to the sprite limit. it is like that in the ROM and in game.

I'll probably will go back to these games when I have time. Also if I had time I would go back to the fighting games project.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Garamonde - 05-23-2011

Very nice as always. Smile How long are you gonna rip from the Master System before going to something else? Just curious.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 05-24-2011

(05-23-2011, 12:41 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Very nice as always. Smile How long are you gonna rip from the Master System before going to something else? Just curious.

Even though my next update will be something different, I'll still be ripping them for quite a while, let me explain:

- My first rips on tSR were from Master System/Game Gear games (Back in December 2006, I done two which are still on the site today) so they have always been around since the beginning with breaks in between.
- I have rips from Prince of Persia and Masters of Combat (the last unique fighting game on the console) that need to be finished if I have time and motivation plus I have a few that I might consider like Vigilante. Just need to do enough so it can be sustainable on the site.
- There are so few rippers ripping the console due to not many people grew up with it, there was one point that I had to teach another person to rip a sheet (Psychic World) and had to finish the sheet but then again my ripping skills to be honest are pretty bad. Rather like the Genesis, people only care about the Sonic games and a few other games (like Phantasy Star).
- I am waiting for the remaining Korean games to be released (most are dumped but currently hoarded) which means that I will get to rip The General's Son (a side scrolling beat em up) and the later version of Jang Pung 2.
- MS/GG games are more easier to rip and as the saying goes, get the easy rips out of the way so you can focus on the harder ones. Most don't even need disassembly (except the Mortal Kombat series, a couple of Taz games), just TileMolester and Meka. I won't be ripping every game due to some have a language barrier, hardly any sprites, games that use the SG-1000 mode (F-16 Fighting Falcon, Sherlock Holmes, Adventure Kid), Korean MSX ports, plus I wouldn't rip Alf and The Flintstones which are considered the two worst games for the system, the latter can even make the happiest person in the world become sucidal.

Knowing my unpredictable pattern however, I'll probably would end up ripping something else. Also I have a surprise on the way if I have the time Big Grin

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Garamonde - 05-24-2011

Awesome, I look forward to it! Big Grin

No matter what you rip though it's always great.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Ton - 05-24-2011

Very cool, Yawa. Always love your stuff.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 05-25-2011

Added:

Zaxxon (Arcade)
Misc
[Image: zaxxon-generalsprites_icon.png][Image: zaxxon-background_icon.png]

[Image: zaxxon-icon.png]

Going back in time to February 1982 when everyone still had Pac-Man Fever and Donkey Kong was a hit, this isometric shooter was state of the art. Actually I'm not sure whether this is the oldest game that I have ripped but it can be a contender of one of the older games on the site with Space Invaders being the oldest. (Isn't Sea Wolf the oldest game that can theorically be sprite ripped since it was one of the first that used a processor? I know Gran Trak 10 was the first to use a ROM but that isn't emulated due to most of the game used discrete circuitry.)

Sonic Cricket (Mobile)
[Image: soniccricket-everything_icon.png]

[Image: soniccricket-icon.png]

Now we jump into the present day with an Indian only game based on a sport that only a few countries take part in and is very boring to watch for many. Due to not sure whether they are transparent images or not just left them the way that they were extracted, yeah I got a bit lazy and admit that. Also on the only picture circulating, it shows a scoreboard with Amy on it however on the version that I found it doesn't have that and to make matters worse, there seems to be only one version around on the Internet.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Garamonde - 05-25-2011

Oooooh so that was your surprise! A mobile game, and a Sonic one at that is pretty cool. Big Grin

Oh and quick question, how well does a mobile emulator work? I'd just be able to use AnimGet if I were to rip sprites, right? I know I'd have to cut out the sprites manually though.

A cricket game... what'll they think of next. Tongue

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Maneko - 05-25-2011

Sonic got a lot of really awful mobile games indeed.
The olympic games one is so horrible and badly done that I couldn't believe it was an official game until I saw it listed as such.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 05-27-2011

Added:
Lode Runner (Other Systems, SG-1000)
[Image: MyWxX.png]

[Image: 1ZMFt.png]

This console makes the Master System look like a SNES in terms of popularity, basically the SG-1000 was Sega's first console (and the SC-3000 is the home computer version of it) that was sold in Japan, Austrailia, New Zealand and parts of Europe. System wise is roughly more or less a Colecovision clone, in other words a console older than the NES despite being released the same day as the Famicom in Japan.

Anyway, some of the tilesets that might be unused I had to guess the colour (which is lucky that the system as a very small palette that never changes) due to two reasons. One is that I can only go as far as Stage 5 in the game since it gets really laggy to the point of unplayable and two, this game has a level editor but the catch is that you have to plug a keyboard and use some button configuration to run it. I couldn't get MEKA which is pretty much the only SG-1000/SC-3000 emulator (there are others but one is a browser one and the other is a Dreamcast one but they don't have the keyboard function at all) to run the keyboard side properly plus the fact the only instructions of the game are written in Japanese meaning that I did the best that I could.

Mega Bomberman (Genesis)
Playable Characters
[Image: Bnoao.png]

[Image: JEbCm.png]

This is the surprise. Smile Confusingly there are two Mega Bomberman games, the one on the site is the Factor 5 8-player demo that wasn't released, this is the other one that isn't on the site. A pretty good game actually despite showing the console limitations due to being a port of another game.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Ton - 05-27-2011

Very nice. Smile

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Garamonde - 05-27-2011

Surprise

M... MEGA BOMBERMAN!! LOVE!!

...I bet you had a feeling I'd like that when you posted it didn't you. Wink

I always go nuts over any Bomberman rips. Shy

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Ryan914 - 05-29-2011

Yawa, you may wanna make a seperate Louie (Kangaroo creature) sheet as each bomber can ride a Louie, creating many combinations of sprites.

Either that or cut the Louie out of the character sprites so that you can mix and match.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 05-31-2011

Added:

Prince of Persia (Master System/Game Gear)
Playable Character
[Image: princeofpersiamsgg-prince_icon.png]

[Image: princeofpersiamsgg-icon.png]

I had problems yesterday accessing the site, big thanks to whoever fixed it. Anyway this game came out on both the Master System and the Game Gear. In fact the GG version is literally the MS version (display mode and everything) in a Game Gear cartridge and there were 12 games like this.

Lord of the Sword (Master System)
Playable Character
[Image: lordofthesword-landau_icon.png]

[Image: lordofthesword-icon.png]

Landau is a rather strange name for a person.

(05-29-2011, 07:19 PM)Ryan914 Wrote: Yawa, you may wanna make a seperate Louie (Kangaroo creature) sheet as each bomber can ride a Louie, creating many combinations of sprites.

Either that or cut the Louie out of the character sprites so that you can mix and match.

That was how I was intenting to do due to that's how it appears in the ROM.