The VG Resource
Costumes (Will reopen later- NO NEW COSTUME IDEAS FOR NOW) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Costumes (Will reopen later- NO NEW COSTUME IDEAS FOR NOW) (/thread-8166.html)

RE: Costumes - lucas92 - 02-07-2010

Well, alternative costumes are there so you can tell who is player1,player2, etc.

RE: Costumes - ectoBiologist - 02-07-2010

Those are colors. Not costumes. Costumes are Wario's Biker and Overall outfits, not his Red Helmet Blue Helmet thing used to tell two Wario's apart, and everyone has those.
This is about totally new costumes.

RE: Costumes - tacopronto - 02-08-2010

I gotta ride the fence on this one. I don't think all characters need alt costumes, but examples like Dr.Mario, classic Wario, and Ocarina Link kind of pay homage to diversity of games these characters have been in, without having to make a ton of clone characters. I like the idea, but I don't think it's a good idea to add alt costumes to characters that really don't warrant them (Ice Climbers/ Marth/ etc.)

RE: Costumes - D2S-Speed - 02-08-2010

(02-06-2010, 12:24 AM)Sol Wrote:
(02-05-2010, 10:35 PM)Brawler1207 Wrote: @ Tacopronto: No it is just the one costume, not different colors of the costume. Also the only alternate color changes we will make is for Team matches.

Whoa whoa whoa, what? Who ever said we weren't having alternate colors for the costumes? I mean, Wario's alternate costume had different colors in Brawl. And how does it even make sense to only make alternate colors for team matches...? That would leave some characters with 3 colors, meaning only 3 players could use them in a match.

My bad thought we were doing alternate costumes for team only and for single we would only do the regular costumes.

RE: Costumes - ectoBiologist - 02-08-2010

Exactly, that's what I mean. So, to avoid a whole lot of argument, this is my very loose list of chars that should/ Could (could will be marked with ?) have one in the game.
Dr.Mario?
Classic Wario
Ocarina Link (Taco's right, using Ordon Link would not express his diversity, as both costumes would be from twilight princess.)
Ocarina Zelda/ Sheik? (Probably not, but I'll let you guys figure this one out.)
Ocarina Ganondorf? (Same as Zelda)
Masked Man? (Once again, should Helmet-less be a taunt or costume? Because it seems easy enough for a costume. A no-problem situation for people experienced with Ness and Lucas' face and hairstyles.)

RE: Costumes - Teddy The Elite - 02-09-2010

(02-08-2010, 08:08 PM)Airicy Wrote: Exactly, that's what I mean. So, to avoid a whole lot of argument, this is my very loose list of chars that should/ Could (could will be marked with ?) have one in the game.
Dr.Mario?
Classic Wario
Ocarina Link (Taco's right, using Ordon Link would not express his diversity, as both costumes would be from twilight princess.)
Ocarina Zelda/ Sheik? (Probably not, but I'll let you guys figure this one out.)
Masked Man? (Once again, should Helmet-less be a taunt or costume? Because it seems easy enough for a costume. A no-problem situation for people experienced with Ness and Lucas' face and hairstyles.)

Hmm...they seem to be ok. I'd think that Ganondorf's alternate costume however should be his WW robes.

RE: Costumes - Blitz - 02-09-2010

(02-08-2010, 08:08 PM)Airicy Wrote: Exactly, that's what I mean. So, to avoid a whole lot of argument, this is my very loose list of chars that should/ Could (could will be marked with ?) have one in the game.
Dr.Mario?
Classic Wario

But Ocarina Link is almost the exact same thing as our regular Link. So whats the point of changing it from Ordon to Ocarina?

RE: Costumes - ectoBiologist - 02-09-2010

(02-09-2010, 09:05 AM)Blitz Troopa Wrote:
Dr.Mario?
Classic Wario

But Ocarina Link is almost the exact same thing as our regular Link. So whats the point of changing it from Ordon to Ocarina?

Quote:Ocarina Link (Taco's right, using Ordon Link would not express his diversity, as both costumes would be from twilight princess.)
That.
Hair change,
Color change,
Design change,
(Voice change or not? Simple Ssbm voice will do.)
Ouch!
Not too sure about WW Ganondorf. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the idea, but that would be like using Toon Link's costume on Link. (Given TL wouldn't have been in this game.)
But, come to think of it, they might not be using TP's design for Ganon in The New The Legend of Zelda. They probably will, but better wait until we figure out what the new Ganon looks like before we sprite him. If it's new, we have TP Ganon to choose.
If not, I believe Ocarina Ganondorf is better.
Once again, I love the idea, it's just not happening.
And by the way, Ganon was... erm, rather large in WW, so I don't think normal Ganondorf can't fit into those, even considering the fact he towers over most people.

RE: Costumes - Chaoxys - 02-09-2010

I think link shows enough diversity since... there are two links in the game. I think keeping this link as the same one in terms of costumes wouldn't be a bad thing.

RE: Costumes - ectoBiologist - 02-09-2010

You make a point.
Honestly, I think I have a better idea. Is it possible to set up a poll for that on this topic?
Which Do You Think Should Be In SsBP?
Ocarina Link
Ordon Link

(02-09-2010, 03:40 PM)Airicy Wrote:
(02-09-2010, 09:05 AM)Blitz Troopa Wrote:
Dr.Mario?
Classic Wario

Quote:Ocarina Link (Taco's right, using Ordon Link would not express his diversity, as both costumes would be from twilight princess.)
That.
Hair change,
Color change,
Design change,
(Voice change or not? Simple Ssbm voice will do.)
Ouch!
Not too sure about WW Ganondorf. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the idea, but that would be like using Toon Link's costume on Link. (Given TL wouldn't have been in this game.)
But, come to think of it, they might not be using TP's design for Ganon in The New The Legend of Zelda. They probably will, but better wait until we figure out what the new Ganon looks like before we sprite him. If it's new, we have TP Ganon to choose.
If not, I believe Ocarina Ganondorf is better.
Once again, I love the idea, it's just not happening.
And by the way, Ganon was... erm, rather large in WW, so I don't think normal Ganondorf can't fit into those, even considering the fact he towers over most people.

There is only slight changes between the 2. If you want ocarina Link you could make it a color change.

RE: Costumes - mutantyoshi - 02-09-2010

Or maybe why not do the Zora Suit or the Magic Suit? Makes way more scene then a simple recolor, which there will be many of.

RE: Costumes - Kriven - 02-09-2010

Uh, Ocarina Link = Color Swap
Ordon Link = Costume Swap.

(02-09-2010, 06:35 PM)Kriven Wrote: Uh, Ocarina Link = Color Swap
Ordon Link = Costume Swap.
What I just said in a nutshell!

RE: Costumes - tacopronto - 02-09-2010

I honestly don't care whether link has ocarina or ordon or any other for that matter, I'm just suggesting that costumes be representational of the character's diversity of games. Also, just to throw this out there, I think Waluigi and/or Peach should have their strikers suits as alternate costumes. We could do that primarily to represent the mario spin off games that are often downplayed.