The VG Resource
Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-85.html)
+----- Forum: The Spriters Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-5.html)
+------ Forum: Submissions (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-34.html)
+------ Thread: Yawackhary's Submissions Again (/thread-6597.html)

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 02-14-2011

Added:
ResQ (Genesis unreleased)
Playable Character
[Image: resqcenturionandshipico.png]

NPCs
[Image: resqminersicon.png]

Backgrounds
[Image: resq-3dstagebackgrounds_icon.png]

[Image: resqicon.png]

In case people are wondering about the 3D stage, it is pretty much Star Fox on the Genesis. That stage apart from the backgrounds is full of polygons from the rings to the enemies to the Arwing clone. Also another interesting fact is that it is one of the few games made in my home city.

Mortal Kombat (Genesis)
Fighters
[Image: mortalkombatmdliukangic.png]

Backgrounds
[Image: mortalkombatmdwarriorsh.png]

[Image: mortalkombatmdicon.png]

I have nothing else to say really... Speechless.

(If anyone has any doubt, I can give proof if anyone wants it)

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 02-16-2011

Added:

Mortal Kombat (Genesis)
Fighters
[Image: mortalkombatmd-johnnycage_icon.png][Image: mortalkombatmd-goro_icon.png]

Goro lives... in sprite form and so does Johnny Cage.

Updated:
[Image: mortalkombatmdliukangic.png]

Added Liu Kang's freeze palette.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Ton - 02-17-2011

I'm so excited to see some MK.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Garamonde - 02-17-2011

(06-08-2009, 05:42 AM)Dazz Wrote: Gemini is such a wicked word, I love it.
And cheer up fella Smile

Great rip!

I am and have been a HUGE Mega Man fan (as well as the Battle Network series) for a long while and Gemini Man is and always will be my favorite Robot Master EVER. *Quotes Gemini Man from an old RockBoard game* "You weren't even worth the effort!" haha. Tongue
(06-15-2009, 04:33 AM)Yawackhary Wrote: Added:
[Image: 2e3sx2u.png]

I can't take much of the heat...

Quote from Fire Man in Mega Man Powered Up!: Fiiire! Burn, burn! Burn everything! Everything in sight!!

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 02-18-2011

Added:

Sorcerer's Kingdom (Genesis)
Playable Characters
[Image: skingdomplayablecharact.png]

Backgrounds
[Image: skingdomkingscastleicon.png]

[Image: skingdomicon.png]

Some slightly old rips that I didn't get round to upload.

Street Smart (Genesis)
Playable Characters
[Image: streetsmartmdkaratemani.png][Image: streetsmartmdcrusherico.png]

Bosses
[Image: streetsmartmdbobbyicon.png]

[Image: streetsmartmdicon.png]

In reality there are only 6 bosses in the game, the other 3 are recolours of earlier ones with different names (rather like most beat'em ups but this is a fighting game...).

Mortal Kombat (Genesis)
Fighters
[Image: mortalkombatmdkanoicon.png]

Backgrounds
[Image: mortalkombatmdpalacegat.png]

Yes, I will be ripping more of MK1 except maybe Shang Tsung (due to that he is compressed in the ROM) and a couple of backgrounds. The main problem will be to figure out which one of the ninja sprites is Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Reptile (the latter needing his freeze palette and he is pretty hard to access in game especially with my non-existance skills).

As for MK2, sadly it doesn't seem possible cause I really wanted to rip that one too.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Ton - 02-18-2011

Any luck with MK3?

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Maxim - 02-19-2011

(02-18-2011, 09:14 AM)Yawackhary Wrote: Yes, I will be ripping more of MK1 except maybe Shang Tsung (due to that he is compressed in the ROM) and a couple of backgrounds. The main problem will be to figure out which one of the ninja sprites is Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Reptile (the latter needing his freeze palette and he is pretty hard to access in game especially with my non-existance skills).

I assume, you are ripping the graphics straight out of the Rom. If Shang Tsungs graphics are compressed, why not capture his sprites while playing the game (with cheats)? Reptile can be accessed fairly simple by using the ingame cheat menu. Basically, he is just a green colored combination of Sub-Zero and Scorpion. I have made a screenshot of his freeze-palette in the Gens debugger:
[Image: reptile_freeze.png]

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 02-21-2011

Thanks for the freeze palette and anyway, it turns out that Shang Tsung's sprites are loaded in a savestate except for his fading into another character that have to capture. Also yes, I am ripping from the ROM.

Added:
Street Smart (Genesis)
Bosses
[Image: streetsmartmdlarryicon.png][Image: streetsmartmdtommyicon.png]

Mortal Kombat (Genesis)
Fighters
[Image: mortalkombatmdraydenico.png][Image: mortalkombatmdsonyaicon.png]

(02-18-2011, 04:42 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Any luck with MK3?

MK3 and UMK3 (both use the same engine) can't be done from the ROM and in game, it is worser than MK2 since it only loads 1 sprite per character via a savestate. They need someone with better skills for them to be possible.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 02-23-2011

Added:

Adventurous Boy (Genesis)
Playable Character
[Image: advboy-iliisy_icon.png]

[Image: advboy-icon.png]

Weirdest name of a playable character that I ever came across, then again the story is in such bad English that you don't know what is what.

Altered Beast (Genesis)
Playable Characters
[Image: abeast-transformations_icon.png]

Street Smart (Genesis)
Bosses
[Image: streetsmartmd-mrk_icon.png]

No relation to Kunio in any way. I played through the final boss several times and not once did he ever grabbed me even being right next to/on him, he just does kicks a lot, jumps and punches so by that they are unused as far as I know.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Ton - 02-23-2011

Great job! And yes, that is a very weird name.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 02-25-2011

Added:
Gauntlet 4 (Genesis)
Playable Characters
[Image: gauntlet4-playablecharacters_icon.png]

[Image: gauntlet4-icon.png]

I found it strange that there weren't any Gauntlet rips going around apart from the NES ports considering that the game is fairly known.

Nigel Mansell's World Championship (Genesis)
Cars
[Image: nigelmansell-williams_icon.png]

[Image: nigelmansell-icon.png]

Finally gotten around to ripping this after leaving it for so long.

Street Smart (Genesis)
Bosses
[Image: streetsmartmd-mike_icon.png][Image: streetsmartmd-sam_icon.png]

That's all of the characters done.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 02-28-2011

Added:
OutRunners (Genesis)
Cars
[Image: outrunnersmd-easyhandling_icon.png][Image: outrunnersmd-quickreactor_icon.png][Image: outrunnersmd-smoothoperator_icon.png][Image: outrunnersmd-speedbuster_icon.png][Image: outrunnersmd-wildchaser_icon.png]

[Image: s7WQx.png]

If it wasn't for the forced split screen, it could have been a good port of the game despite the obvious graphic cutbacks and the grainy voices. Even the hidden...(erhmm) and the extra touches couldn't save it.

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Volmaeth - 03-01-2011

(05-20-2009, 05:28 AM)Yawackhary Wrote: Added Mike from Street Fighter who seems to be a filler character due to his lack of moves, glitchy sprites and unfinishedness of him. I wonder if he became Balrog....

Also I did a check and forgotten that Guile wasn't uploaded on the site, either it's my poor memory or I'm sure I posted him before.

how did u set those sprites on this forum.....Cry

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Solink - 03-01-2011

(03-01-2011, 10:35 AM)Dark shy guy Wrote:
(05-20-2009, 05:28 AM)Yawackhary Wrote: Added Mike from Street Fighter who seems to be a filler character due to his lack of moves, glitchy sprites and unfinishedness of him. I wonder if he became Balrog....

Also I did a check and forgotten that Guile wasn't uploaded on the site, either it's my poor memory or I'm sure I posted him before.

how did u set those sprites on this forum.....Cry
That's really not the place to ask this. Especially if you do it in more than one submission thread.

However, he uploaded his sheet to an image hosting site(I use Photobucket)

RE: Yawackhary's Submissions Again - Yawackhary - 03-02-2011

Added:

OutRunners (Genesis)
Cars
[Image: outrunnersmd-badboy_icon.png][Image: outrunnersmd-madpower_icon.png][Image: outrunnersmd-roadmonster_icon.png][Image: outrunnersmd-virtuaformula_icon.png]

All the cars done, that last car is the hidden one that I was about to mention last time. It is also the only time that the polygon car from Virtua Racing is rendered as a sprite. Also for people who are curious, Virtua Formula is also the special deluxe version of Virtua Racing but it was rare in the arcades though.

Nigel Mansell's World Championship (Genesis)
Backgrounds
[Image: nigelmansell-backgrounds_icon.png]